Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CP1.1] Tsubaki Combo Discussion

ツバキはコマ投げrc>3CC>5Cがつながって格好良かったです。おわり。

Command throw> RC> 3CC> 5C.

Knew it. But whether it'll actually be good or not I don't know.

Ah.

He missed it because his double jump was vertical.

But yeah I think you're right. Non D specials seem not nearly so bad this time around.

Yea I noticed it, but it was really nice to see coming from 214B.

What I'd like to know is if dp whiff combos are our basic bnbs. If 5A > 2C was universal that'll be great, but I did notice the 5A whiffed against Hakumen. Kuresu may have been to far for it to connect, or maybe it's character specific, in which case we're back to square one.

ツバキはコマ投げrc>3CC>5Cがつながって格好良かったです。おわり。

Command throw> RC> 3CC> 5C.

Knew it. But whether it'll actually be good or not I don't know.

Nifty. Thanks man.

If anything, we at least know that it's possible for us to do DP whiff combos, since I think the loketests said they weren't possible, and that they're worth using again (as far as I've seen).

Thanks for posting about the command throw > RC Errol. I can see it being useful if we can use it as a round/game winning combo kinda thing but yea, we'll have to wait and see if it would be a good idea to do.

I don't have recipes but I've heard you can reach 5k off the command throw. 3k with more modest resources (2crg, 75 heat)

I don't have recipes but I've heard you can reach 5k off the command throw. 3k with more modest resources (2crg, 75 heat)

Yea Kuresu showed us in the vid against Hazama:

63214C > RC > CT > 6CC > 214B > 5C > 2CC > IAD j.CC > 5C > 2CC > j.C > dj.CC > j.214A [3281 DM]

It's a pretty expensive way to followup from the command grab. I got it added for now.

Not sure if this combo has been mentioned or discussed but I saw that 214D double IAD combo nets about 3061 with air ender

as seen in this match versus Jin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46cazC3aMco#t=6m18s

Aw yea I responded to this but DL went back in time. Rednova managed to point that out for us dude, but thanks anyway.

apparently 46D>236D can be followed up even if it's SMP. I wondered about this and it seems to work, but it might depend on doing something quick.

OD, 5 charge.

6C(6)>mugen>special charge> special charge> D DP> special dive>214D>22D>6C(6)>236236D

but D Dp is only 10 frame startup so I guess you should be able to followup with 5c either way. Which probably leads to some very strong/simple 1.5ish charge mugen combos.

It did occur to me yesterday as I whiffed a D DP that the [4]6D > 236D charge will be useful for Mugen combos where you are too far away to confirm into 623D (My particular failure was off of 5BB).

uh, I meant to remove the 46D in that notation.it bothers me how much crappier our notations are

special charge referring to the combination of 46D>236D

special dive j236D>j214D

uh, I meant to remove the 46D in that notation.it bothers me how much crappier our notations are

special charge referring to the combination of 46D>236D

special dive j236D>j214D

Is there a particular reason we need to notate like this? There's never been a situation so far that I know of where you'd want to do, for example, j.236D > j.214D and NOT have it be the aura...

You don't need to note it in any way but bear in mind using the standard format is easier for the majority to read, including for those who are not on this forum and just read the combos.

Chao provided a good example earlier back as to why using other names could be catastrophic.

Oh ok that makes more sense, thanks! I don't mind giving notations names like how we did the 3Ds for Mugen though we didn't really use it that often... ah! A better example is how we always use Mugen for 214214D.

Ironically enough, I was able to understand what special dive means but not special charge :v:. But I'm sure someone who doesn't know Tsu wouldn't have any idea or think right away that "special dive" meant "j.236D > j.214D" or maybe they'd even think that just means "j.214X."

It'd probably help to make a note of what it means if it's not in standard notation (though that's just extra work...) until people "know" it or it becomes something like us saying "Mugen" since as Kiba said, we should try to make notations easy for everyone. It's just a few extra key strokes for standard notation. Someone would probably ask anyway so we'd have to write it out in the end... Kinda like what happened with me hah~

that latest spinoza vid showed the full 6a FC combo. it was 3.7k or something I think?

Also new discovery made. 623C>J214A can be followedup with 5c or 5a. Pulls 5cc 1 charge 25% heat starter to 4.5k (corner)

6A FC > 5CC > 6C > CT > Dash 5CC > 623C > j.214X(w) > 2CC > IAD j.CC > 5C > 2C > 236X > 214B > 22B [3568 DM]

In the latest video with Muramura, he used an interesting 2 Charge throw combo at 1:03

Corner Throw > CT > 6CC > TK236D > j.214D > 236X > 214B > 22B - 4350 Damage. That's good, but I bet he could've used 5C > 2C after the j.214D and deal more damage. I got this combo noted, and on a side note it seems like you have to TK it since 6CC doesn't allow that much untechable time for a normal j.236D but we'll see.

In Wara's match against Tager, he scored 5.1k from a 22D FC:

22D FC > 6C > CT > 5C > 2CC > 236C > 5A > 5C > 2C > 236B > 214B > 22B

Let's do a little comparison. That same combo without the FC property would've done 4.5k, so it's somewhat significant, but I would like to think he can do more from that 22D FC.

Considering you can do double IAD from a 3C FC starter, I don't see how that shouldn't be possible off of a 22D(FC) starter unless the "Combo timer" is a lot lower for 22D FC which I REALLY doubt, not to mention the CT usage should knock the timer up a few seconds.

But meh, the combo system is confusing as hell as of now so better to wait for the Arcadia Mook next month.

Anyways, double IAD would do 5.7K, so that's pretty damn good.

22B CH > 6C > 214B > 5C > 2CC > IAD j.CC > 5C > 2CC > j.C > dj.CC > j.214B [3470]

That's alot of damage for a combo w/o stock. Added to combo compilation.

22B CH > 6C > 214B > 5C > 2CC > IAD j.CC > 5C > 2CC > j.C > dj.CC > j.214B [3470]

That's alot of damage for a combo w/o stock. Added to combo compilation.

Well, at least they made 22B CHs more worthwhile, since they made them significantly harder to get thanks to the slow startup compared to Extend 22A.

Frame data cannot come soon enough. I need to know numbers! @_@

It's so funny seeing Kazu throw out 22B for CHs. The reward is really good!

-Currently gathering footage-

It's so funny seeing Kazu throw out 22B for CHs. The reward is really good!

-Currently gathering footage-

People not blocking their knee caps vs tsubaki. Heh

Btw whats the highiest dmg anyone has seen with 3C / 3CC counter hit?

W/ and W/O Install Gauges

She gets a little under 4k the FC 3CC meterless and without charges. With charges i havnt seen anything that I can remember. With meter and charge she can probably go over or around 5k, may need to experiment with the combo calculator tonight.

From raw 3CC(2) Ive seen someone get hit by it but the player didnt convert into a combo.

Btw that CH 22B combo is a ton of damage. Kazu so good

In EX we used to rely on 623D > j.236D > j.214D repetition. In CP, it's all about [4]6D > 236D repetition now. Don't worry Errol I remember you mentioned this, but it's nice to actually see it.

If you skip to 3:12:02 in the a-cho matches I linked you will see Kazu do:

CH 22B > 6C > Mugen > [4]6D > 236D > [4]6D > 236D > 623D > j.236D > j.214D > 236X for 6.2k. He did that with only 2 stock.

CH 22B > 6C > Mugen > [4]6D > 236D > [4]6D > 236D > 623D > j.236D > j.214D > 236X for 6.2k. He did that with only 2 stock.

I wonder if this would be equally valid off of, say, CH 5C > 6C? The proration on 5C is actually better than 22B, but there's the magic "combo timer" to confuse things.