Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolarMisae

[CP] Amane Nishiki Video Thread

Welp :v: still situational though... For now...

Also, the ending of the vid implies that changing the characters into their younger selves via astral is only temporary, unless they gain sprites in this form which would be silly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB2XwTHKsXw&feature=youtu.be

So there's more to this glitch. Counter assault = free win on time out. You can even drop multiple 6D while this is on going.

I figured this would be the case since you can still take damage after a Counter Assault but not be killed by a combo with it as the starter, as stated before: it's still situational. Since Hakumen players are aware of this, they will probably just block the drill set up. Last thing they need is a permanent 6D on the screen, chances of it getting patched are slim. I don't see this as game breaking because of that case, the entire situation itself can be avoided.

I figured this would be the case since you can still take damage after a Counter Assault but not be killed by a combo with it as the starter, as stated before: it's still situational. Since Hakumen players are aware of this, they will probably just block the drill set up. Last thing they need is a permanent 6D on the screen, chances of it getting patched are slim. I don't see this as game breaking because of that case, the entire situation itself can be avoided.
Only a user of the character would think this isn't gamebreaking. No matter how situational it is....this type of thing deserves removal. Especially if it causes your opponent to HAVE to take it or face glitchy death. No matter how you look at it, no character deserves to be able use a glitch to win even in situational situations. It deserves a patch.

It only works on Hakumen, and the Hakumen player has to activate the glitch. The game still functions and doesn't crash or have severe performance issues after the glitch happens. It isn't game breaking. It'll probably be removed whenever ArcSys gets around to it, but I doubt it's any kind of a priority for them.

You would only think this is gamebreaking if you have no idea how it activates and are probably pretty bad at understanding fighting games in general.

Only a user of the character would think this isn't gamebreaking. No matter how situational it is....this type of thing deserves removal. Especially if it causes your opponent to HAVE to take it or face glitchy death. No matter how you look at it, no character deserves to be able use a glitch to win even in situational situations. It deserves a patch.

It'll definitely get patched out. Just not likely until either they find other stuff to patch or, at latest, when they add Terumi and Kagura to arcades with the console release.

Especially if it causes your opponent to HAVE to take it or face glitchy death. No matter how you look at it, no character deserves to be able use a glitch to win even in situational situations. It deserves a patch.

While I think this glitch shouldn't exist in the first place, there's a missing element in your thought process. If this really came to Take the setup vs. Glitch death, I wouldn't say this. Hakumen is not one of the characters that just has to 6D setups/resets as he can just use D to avoid the chip and gain meter while he's at it. Not every character has a reversal of some kind to avoid blocking the 6D 100% of the time like Hakumen does. And plus, facing the potential glitchy death would imply that Hakumen would Yukikaze only at 6D when he has plenty of time to do it on the hariken drill. Even in the scenario where he would Yukikaze 6D, Amane still needs 50 meter to rapid and get away. Hakumen still has plenty of options to deal with it and based on that, it expands from "HAVE to take it or face glitchy death". I don't think it's too unfair on him when other characters would simply have to take it.

But still, they should remove it if they want, I'd support the decision.

You would only think this is gamebreaking if you have no idea how it activates

Haha I actually saw something like that. I tried explaining the glitch to a local SF4 player who's interested in Amane after he posted it on his Facebook. The reply he gave me was "I don't play blazblue so I have no idea what you just said meant"

Bunch of videos from Urban square, this one Amane with the red litchi-like palette will be refered as "Red Amane" because I don't have his name. He kinda goes nuts left and right and sometimes drops certain confirms. Unstable describes him well. May or may not want to watch all the vids featuring him.

6/16 Urban Square B

Red Amane vs. Jin - Youtube - There are two more matches after (Azrael and Hakumen), not his most impressive matches

Amane vs. Azrael - Youtube

Red Amane vs. Bang - Youtube - The floor is lava in this match, they can't stand still

Red Amane vs. Valk - Youtube - This one is solid all around

Red Amane vs. Mu-12 - Youtube - He doesn't go as nuts here

Red Amane vs. Jin - Youtube - Not as nuts here as well

Red Amane vs. Zero (Rachel) - Youtube - Too nuts

Red Amane vs. Shimotsuki (Izayoi) - Youtube

Red Amane vs. Litchi - Youtube

6/17 Athena Nipponbashi

Amane vs. Kikuchiyo (18th dan Litchi) - Youtube - While this Amane didn't finish many combos, he did a decent job at dodging the staff at neutral and remaining safe overall. It's not a strong Amane, but he shined at some points.

It only works on Hakumen, and the Hakumen player has to activate the glitch. The game still functions and doesn't crash or have severe performance issues after the glitch happens. It isn't game breaking. It'll probably be removed whenever ArcSys gets around to it, but I doubt it's any kind of a priority for them.

You would only think this is gamebreaking if you have no idea how it activates and are probably pretty bad at understanding fighting games in general.

The last sentence...Troll much?

that is literally the only way that setup will happen outside of trolling, which has been said a few times actually.

whether it will be patched or not it is highly impractical.

Relius week, a bunch of matches of various skill levels involving Amane and Relius. Some occasional names as well such as Ora and Jiro too

28/06 Taito stat

Jiro vs. Oni i (Relius) - Youtube

Jiro vs. Glanz (Tager) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP32Dc623TQ - Jiro playing perfect until he gets touched and then doing everything wrong in defense

Jiro vs. Matsu (Makoto) - Youtube - Again, Jiro's defense really costing him this match, especially that last round. One bad decision at neutral and he (failed to) block the rest of the round

19/06 Udon cup 3on3 (Sportsland) - Ora matches

Ora vs. Tetsuwo (Rachel) - http://youtu.be/x4Q63t1OYsM?t=3m39s

More to come, they're all on Jourdal's channel (my lunch break is over)

Arakune's standing hitbox is actually pretty normal, so it might work on most of the cast. Only characters I could see it not working on possibly are Noel, Carl and Platinum, since they have shorter than normal standing hitboxes.

6A > jump cancel > air Zettou (7 frames before possiblto press buttons + 4 frames for jump startup = 11 frames before you are allowed to use j.A) > j.A xN

6A is 17 frames of hitstun, j.A is 6 frames startup. It's a 1frame link lol. 2 if Zettou's 7 frames means 7th frame allows you to do something or the frame after 7th. Ground Zettou has 14 frames before you can press a button meaning it would link.

Goddamn this is fabulous

:GetEm:

https://twitter.com/HINANED/status/353064430168317952 (linked in the video)

Works on:

Amane, Azrael, Relius, Tsubaki, Hakumen, Litchi, Tager, Arakune, Ragna

J.A will only hit once, first hit connects, not the second one (if traducted correctly, but would make sense within context)

Makoto, Hazama, Izayoi, Noel, Carl, Bullet, Platinum, Bang, μ ν × (Mu and Nu???), Jin

Not sure if that was translated right

19/06 Sportsland Udon cup

Ora (Amane) vs. Ten Mikado Kain (Azrael) - Youtube

Ora (Amane) vs. Ishida/Dennou (Jin) - Youtube - Ora's spacing/footsies here are glorious. That 5B DP bait and 5B > 6B burst bait was glorious

Ora (Amane) vs. RYO (Relius) - Youtube

23/06 Playspot Big One

Hina (Amane) vs. Yayoi (Carl) - Youtube

Hina (Amane) vs. Blair (Noel) - Youtube

A friend of mine got around to translating the page linked in the description. They call it the "locking" effect which is what allows this to combo. By locking, I assume they mean the natural behavior or Hariken drill which vacuums. No lock means the vacuum would be ignored like in the bullet video. From the post, they say there's a way to trigger this no lock effect by using Hariken then using 2B > 5B(3) > 6D. The possible chain before might be different depending on the character. This is a combo that works according to them, it's character specific though or drill level specific in some cases. Full transcript from his translation

It's limited to characters on whom corner grab -> Lv1 A Hariken hits but doesn't lock the character in the drill animation.

For example, on a character on whom 2B5B(3)6D doesn't lock on

Hariken hit > 2b5b hits (and makes your opponent float, thus removing the lock) -> 6D comboes.

You'd cancel 6D from 5B.

I looked those up in January (The post date is february) so the combos for Azreal and co. might be wrong. Probably not.

-- AMAZING LIST OF CHARACTERS SKILL WORKS ON:

Ragna 2b5b(3)6D

Tsubaki Walk back 5b(3) 6D

Arakune 2B5B(3)6D or 5B(3)6D

Jin 6A5B(1)6D

Noel 2B5B(3)6D

Hazama 2B6A5B(3)6D

Mu 2B5B(3)6D

Makoto 2B5B(3)6D

Bullet Backstep 6D or 214A5C(1)6D

Azrael 2B5B(3)6D

-- Lv1 Hariken will hit but there's no way to remove the lock

Platinum, Tager, Hakumen

-- Lv1 Hariken doesn't hit

Litchi (2, 2b5b)

Bang (3)

Carl

Rachel

Taokaka (2, x)

Relius (2, x)

Nu

Valk (3)

Izayoi (2, x)

Amane (2, 2b5b)

^Inside the () are the level at which Hariken will hit, along with the lock-off recipe

Please note, the translator is not an amane player, I double checked everything and talked a bit about it with him to make sure what made sense and what didn't. For instance, in his translation, Hariken was hurricane as he didn't know the move's name. The "lock" was also something ambiguous to him.

original post http://www.famitsu.com/cominy/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=53051

what in flying fuck was that giant drill...

that OD combo was cool, anyone able to get the damage?

thats alot of damage. although it costs a fortune it looks really easy.

too bad people aren't really playing him nowadays.

^ Posted full notations in the combo thread on page 2

Now for some not so recent videos on Jourdal's channel

Aug 11 Urban Square 4on4

Amane vs. Taokaka - This patience is insanely good, a few flukes on the execution though

Amane vs Tager - Ok neutral, but you can see how he doesn't do anything to contest Tager doing blockstrings into drive moves, it's hard to say whether or not Amane can do anything like IB > Backdash, jump out, w/e

Aug 4 Urban Square tournament

These matches are all MAVEN's Amane. The tournament format was like a 2v2 teams, only you played your character and sub. This is not MAVEN's main character and you can tell, but he's still good enough of a player to play well overall. Actually, his Amane carried him unlike his platinum that tournament. He doesn't use drills at times even when he has the chance to do so.

Vs. Jin

Vs. v-13

Vs. Hazama

Vs. Noel (continued here)

Vs. Litchi

Vs. Taokaka