Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CP] Taokaka Gamepyarel Discussion v:3 - Encore Edition

So I'm thinking about getting serious with subbing Tao again, can anyone sport me some bnbs tips and gimmicks new to CP? I need as many as you all can give me so don't hold back any that you can think of, no matter how basic, complex, unimportant or obvious you feel they may be. I will treasure them all.

Now I sit back and pray the Tao board is still alive.

Anything really, if you'd like to narrow it down, some optimal combo paths, reliable pressure tricks and block-strings would be nice.

What should I be doing while I'm in the air and on the ground?

What should I confirm falling J.C into now that 6A doesn't float on normal hit? That's how I used to get my damage.

What are my goals in playing her?

What do I look for and do to get the opponent opened up then dead?

How do I do good confirms when she moves at the speed of light? 5B's a S starter and 5C is a N starter, and I'm supposed to confirm each into different things on air, ground and crouching  and counter hits. How do I deal with that?

And then there's a whole mess of things that I should probably know, but don't know to ask.

So far my entire experience playing her has been fish for counter hits and deal a billion damage, or else do small combos and grab set ups. It just feels wrong, I know I'm missing something.

Myoro did not know if Huey was a ghost, hallucination, or perhaps some other form of apparition invented by his desperation to gain knowledge, but he knew, without a shadow of a doubt that, on these Tao forums he was alone. Knowing no one would hear him he raised his voice to the heavens and cursed the name that left this haven desolate and barren, he cursed the name "Kokonoe". And Kokonoe laughed. and Kokonoe Laughed.

rip

you need to play tao to understand how she works. people telling you won't really accomplish much (also because nobody beleives me when i tell them anyway. s tier). just keep doing stuff and learn what works and what gets blown up

rip

you need to play tao to understand how she works. people telling you won't really accomplish much (also because nobody beleives me when i tell them anyway. s tier). just keep doing stuff and learn what works and what gets blown up

I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing then. As into labbing stuff and doing drills as I already am, I do need insights to play a character.

Still I do want to play Tao, and in a match against an expert player if I don't get lucky and get a CH 2C/6C I get dunked on.

If Tao were a more of a learn by doing character that would definitely explain the state of her forums...

I think it would be really awesome if we try to actively discuss two match-ups a week in the character forums. If I were to suggest an order, maybe from Taokaka's hardest match-ups to the easiest ones.

Week 1 - Kokonoe/Valkenhayn

Week 2 - Hazama/Rachel

Week 3 - Jin/Litchi

and so on...

What do you guys think???? (Trying to revive the forums)

my expected/desired response is... Sure i'll try to provide some tips and or opinions to help. I don't wanna be doing this by myself!!!

please guys :)

Hello guys!

I have a question about Tao`s Bnb combo
5B -> 2B -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 5D~A
is it correct that 5D~A doesnt hit - and i use this only to move close to my opponent?
but i dont have any frames advantages - i simply cant continue pressing immidiatly - i eat CH moves
whats the porpose then or am i doing something wrong?

Hello guys!

I have a question about Tao`s Bnb combo

5B -> 2B -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 5D~A

is it correct that 5D~A doesnt hit - and i use this only to move close to my opponent?

but i dont have any frames advantages - i simply cant continue pressing immidiatly - i eat CH moves

whats the porpose then or am i doing something wrong?

2b>5[c] doesnt link . U have to do 2b>2c>5[c]

About the link ... it should work just fine ... u can even do 6c>236aa>5d~a .

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Oh, come on, i really missed that 2C while writing

ofcourse i ment 2b>2c>5[c]

But what about my main question? I cant get any oki after 5D~A

Oh, come on, i really missed that 2C while writing

ofcourse i ment 2b>2c>5[c]

But what about my main question? I cant get any oki after 5D~A

Oh lol sorry , about ur main question if u mean midscreen , yes ppl usually go for 6c>5d~a/b just to get closer .. and ofc u should be able to keep pressing .

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

So i picked up tao a short while ago and im in love with her, even post patch where she got all nerfed up.  What are some tips you guys would have for me to advance my game a little smoother?

Hey guys. I'm trying to get good with Tao, and I'm finding I have serious trouble with Terumi. How should I be approaching this matchup?

Hey guys. I'm trying to get good with Tao, and I'm finding I have serious trouble with Terumi. How should I be approaching this matchup?

I am by no means a Tao expert but what I have I'll share until someone sets me straight.

This is a good question for Tao's Mach-up threads, but I'll answer it in a way that helps you with this and hopefully with many match-ups which might make making both post's presence here legitimate and not moded. (If we are moved edit this part out Mods!)

Tao is a highly movement intensive character who, with three jumps great speed and multiple patterns of air travel, plays a very menacing air game. As a result you are very advantaged when airborne and, against many, you can spend a great deal of time in the air and in the dead zones in your opponent's range.

Terumi is a largely ground based character, who is quick, does damage in short bursts and has good range on a few moves. He tends to hoard meter to himself as his drive moves give none on block or hit. His air confirms are really bad, often only leading to triple digit damage and knockdown with relatively low meter gain. His air normals all have unimpressive hit boxes with the exception of j.D which is slow as molasses. When you are in the air he is at a great disadvantage.

Terumi has three tools to deal  with you when you are playing neutral right. He has his great speed, which he will likely use to aim for your landing, he has his 6A which is a great anti air but leads to crappy damage if he doesn't confirm with a counter or OD or 100 heat and 5A, his secondary anti-air which while smaller is still strong and hard to punish.

The first is the most difficult to deal with, his speed means he will most likely be on you the moment you land and it will also cut off attempts to use bowling ball at neutral to improve your situation, even at full screen. He out-ranges you on the ground and in the air, which means you have to out maneuver and trick him to secure an advantageous landing. Clever use of j.214D~6, j.4D~A/B/C, j.D~C, jumps, and airdashes can throw him off the scent or even score you hits or pressure. If he tries to meet you in the air, get above him and he can't really hurt you (Unless he does a call-out j.623B) His speed will be the only problem to contend with at neutral.

Next is his anti-air 6A. This has a god-like hit-box, and you will have to bait it often in all likeliness. It does have a good bit of recovery, so if you can make it whiff with a jump you can get a j.4D/j.2D/j.2B/or j.C punish free of charge. Take Terumi's 6A into training mode and learn the timing to punish it. It will leave him with a standing hitbox, so take that into account when deciding your punish route. It can be canceled into other moves to put you in pressure, only block it if you must. If you're feeling ballzy you can use 236236D to outlast his head invuln and beat it straight out.

Finally is Terumi's 5A. which is a situational secondary anti-air. It has a less massive hit box no head invuln so you can dead angle this with j.2B/j.B if you are directly above him. You can also just use a set up that makes it whiff if you are punishing mashing.

On the defensive you can crawl to disrespect a ton of his moves. His 2A/5B/and 6B which he uses in pressure resets and his 5D which he uses as a poke, can all be crawled. Blocking his attacks will only go badly for you though because he will gain meter and become more of a threat. After blocking j.2D they usually follow up with 2A which can be crawled as we know. Don't get predictable with crawl because you can get punished for it. When you have gauge use counter assault to escape.

Here's a couple vids to help with Tao stuff. I'll let other Tao experts take over or correct me from here, if they ever do show up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsPMIYVhs4o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_QbZRdh6CU

Good luck!

Thank you for the response! Also, apologies if that should have been asked in the Matchup Section, but it seemed so dead that I asked here instead.

So how much damage should we be getting from each of our confirms? Also how do I use my meter with Tao, other than CAs?

So how much damage should we be getting from each of our confirms? Also how do I use my meter with Tao, other than CAs?

That's.. kind of broad question. You can confirm off of basically anything except for 22C, cat1, and cat 2. Damage will depend on starter, number of low P2 moves before getting to 2C, whether it's corner, near corner, midscreen, type of ender, meter, OD.. etc. Then there's corner carry vs damage, how optimal you want to get vs match usable...

I guess in a really vague sense:

~1.3k midscreen meterless

~2k crouch confirm (this includes 6B)

~2-2.5k near corner

~2.5k~3k midscreen air-to-air / 6A

~2.5k-3.5k midscreen w/ meter

~3.5k 2D CH

~3.5k-4k midscreen w/ OD

~2.9k midscreen grab

~3.5k-4.5k 6C/2C CH

In the corner..

~2-3k off of most of your moves

~3-3.5k off of grab depending on character

~4-4.5k off of 2C/6C

Basically.. starting from 5D~A in the corner:

Cat3 -> Encore adds ~200 damage

Ending in Cat2 adds ~500 damage

Spending meter adds ~800-1000 damage

Overdrive + meter adds ~1500-2000 damage

As far as meter usage, encore -> RC is your only way to extend a grounded non-crouching opponent midscreen. From there you can either end in cat2 or unison drive depending on meter. You need CT to extend a midscreen 2C CH into the corner. You can add CT to shorten your corner combos to do more damage off of cat2/unison. Hexaedge is a decent reversal and imma beat the crap out of you can be used to situationally punish. Adding super at the end is a good way to close out rounds.