Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CSEX/CP] Taokaka Q&A

Did she get her CT colours back? I want my blue+purple back!

She got Torakaka colors which you could use. The new blue is kinda like the CT, but no not really.

CT purple is back!!! And its all MINE!!!!

What is Cat Spirit Encore, as in what does it do?

It's a follow-up move to Cat Spirit One and Three which makes her swipe the opponent's feet, leaving them at rather long hitstun (EDIT: ANd seems to drag the opponent to Tao aswell). The opponent also drops a item which Taokaka snatches, the item being determent on the character, like a meatbun with Litchi, large roast with Azrael, Pakumen doll with Hakumen and so on and so worth.

Thank you, I was confused when seeing it after Spirit One, thought it only worked with Three.

Apologies for a dumb question, but what can you follow up with from Cat Spirit Encore? Also, I read somewhere that you can no longer do j.C after Dancing Edge? If that's true, what's the new air ender for Tao?

Cat spirit encore is like a better 236A and is used primarily for oki. You can RC Cat spirit encore and put fully charged 2C and 6C in combos.

The new ender is like CT so j.8-D, j.236bbbbbb.

Cat spirit encore is like a better 236A and is used primarily for oki. You can RC Cat spirit encore and put fully charged 2C and 6C in combos.

The new ender is like CT so j.8-D, j.236bbbbbb.

Duly noted. Thanks!

Tao doesn't really "shine" in match ups due to her low health and ability to get random out. By far her biggest weakness is consistency as people just do the dumbest shit against her and it works because BB and shit.

Due to how she plays she generally can do well against all characters in the cast because her movement options allow her to deal with things like lobelia/stein and other forms of zoning and limits the usefulness of other characters tools (Hazama chain ins and Bang Derp Nails). Characters that have a really high ability to rob her are: Hazama, MU, Hakuman, Tager, Litchi, Ragna, Valk and Rachel. Notice the high damage output these characters have for mashing and their strong oki?

How do I fly around the screen like a dumb ass? 

By the way, I'm going to main Tao now.

LMAO fucking white people!!!!!!!!!

Good luck! I wonder who will get her down first Lunakage or you.

Tao doesn't really "shine" in match ups due to her low health and ability to get random out. By far her biggest weakness is consistency as people just do the dumbest shit against her and it works because BB and shit.

Due to how she plays she generally can do well against all characters in the cast because her movement options allow her to deal with things like lobelia/stein and other forms of zoning and limits the usefulness of other characters tools (Hazama chain ins and Bang Derp Nails). Characters that have a really high ability to rob her are: Hazama, MU, Hakuman, Tager, Litchi, Ragna, Valk and Rachel. Notice the high damage output these characters have for mashing and their strong oki?

> Tager

How can you list Tager. I don't think I've ever seen a competent Tao play a Tager in a match that wasn't a complete slaughter. He can do random 720 or whatever but you could say that about any matchup he has, you wouldn't say that means Mu or Haz or whatever don't shine against him though. C'mon son.

I mean if the highest mobility character in the game does not shine against Tager then I don't know what she could be good at.

So wouldn't it make more sense to say she shines in matchups where she can take advantage of her high mobility.

Yeah, I don't know how can anyone say that Tao doesn't "shine" in any matchup. Come on, Tao has some significant good matchups: Tager (obvious), Lambda, Arakune, Tsubaki, Makoto (although those last two are low tier). On the bad matchups, however, there isn't really any really bad. In my opinion, her most "complicated" matchup are Litchi, Jin and Rachel (good pressure, good tools to keep Tao "fair" in her whole dancing), but still I don't think they are bad matchups, just more annoying than other characters.

He didn't say they were bad, he just said that those characters have the highest potential to rob you if you mess up.

Well, he listed them in conjunction with the statement "Tao doesn't really 'shine' in match ups due to her low health and ability to get random out" so I assume when he lists characters that can random her out because of high damage that he's referring to matchups Tao doesn't shine in. Hence, my objection to Tager.

@Riku:

Arakune: You do better than an average character and actually stand a chance in curse. Still the match can go sour if he has 50 heat and mashes 5A into puddle and kills you because you tried to use 6B in a blockstring.

Lambda: This one is really good for Tao, but then you get hit by a high damage starter and realize you can't burst and just die.

Tsubaki: Normal match up.

Makoto: She is like a shitty Bang, but overall this match up is super easy for Tao.

I really can go on and on, but I feel my point was made.

@Mac:The problem is more the Tager player rather than the character itself. They just yomi mash too hard.

Well, I won't discuss this much longer too anyway, but just some points:

Arakune: Still the match can go sour if he has 50 heat and mashes 5A into puddle and kills you because you tried to use 6B in a blockstring.

The same can be said about any other character, however Tao neutral is way too good, there's no way Kune can catch or zone Tao unless you mess up really bad or do a braindead drive and get 5C'd in the face. Arakune has a REALLY hard time to even curse Tao, although 1 curse might be enough to finish her. Because of Arakune weird hitbox, Tao has some nasty purple air throw loop resets ender (that also works on Tager, Litchi and Hazama too), which or Arakune eats a TRM air throw->full 4k combo or he ends up locked in the coner.

Lambda: but then you get hit by a high damage starter and realize you can't burst and just die.

Again, the same as Arakune, and this doesn't really make the matchup worse. Besides, it's not like Lambda can zone Tao (the main point of why this matchup is really good for us, a zoner who can't zone) or even hit those high damage starters.

Tsubaki: normal matchup

Okay, this matchup really doesn't have a specific bad point for Tsubaki, she's just a bad character in this game. The only thing that helps her in the matchup is her godly 2C, but it doesn't make up from all her other bad stuff.

Makoto: She is like a shitty Bang, but overall this match up is super easy for Tao.

I forgot to mention how Bang is also a pretty good matchup for Tao, his lack of Anti-air without meter and tools to deal with Tao drive (outside of D shuriken which is limited and not hard to avoid at all with Tao mobility) makes this matchup really abusable for Tao since we have nothing to fear when flying all over the screen. For Makoto, she has a decent-good AA, but she lacks everything else to fight Tao seriously.

Numerically the match ups don't ever go pass 5.5. on average. Like the point I want to make is that people over react with the numbers and throw shit out like 7-3 and 6-4's all over the place.

Edit: Damage tends to be the key to robbing Tao of games as her low health is super annoying.

-Dies to two Valk combos

-Tager kills her with a bitch 3k combo and a 720

-Noel SMP GG

-Bang can convert to knockdown and just go on a field day. While still having above average health so he has room to take risk.

-Hakumen: Generally one touch

-Litchi: one touch into koukoshi

-etc.

While other characters get more opportunities to make mistakes Tao doesn't, one mistake is usually all it takes. The margin of error is too small for her to mathematically consistently win enough to throw crazy match up numbers.

Yeah, even in CS1 I don't think we even had any 6.5 matchups. As annoying Tao can be to fight against, she doesn't have anything overwhelmingly in her favour in most matchups. Or against, for that matter.

Every Tao matchup is 4.5 to 5.5. With many of those being even.

That's just my opinion on it.

Don't pressure, always bait. Don't be caught guessing between 4D and 2D on your own offense. It isn't worth it.

Punish whiffed drive followups with 6C, 5D, or j.4D depending on position. Poke with 6C in general a bunch here, try to stay at midscreen. Don't let Noel run up at you, keep the right distance.