Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akira-Shiro

[CP] Carl Clover Gameplay Discussion (Changelog in OP)

BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

- This thread is for talking about Carl stuff and randomness.
- All the rules that are in the FAQ apply here as well.
- We don't need any kind of drama in here so don't bring it into this thread. If you've got beef that you really need to settle, take it to PMs.
- Arguments regarding gameplay can and will happen. It's fine to debate about it in this thread but try to remain (relatively) civilized in doing so; don't be an ass about it.
- Please do not use any slurs that targets any race or sexual orientation. I know a few of you are fond of using these in a joking manner and don't mean any harm but I'd like to ask you to refrain from using them. This rule applies to all of the threads in the Carl section.

Changelog

System Changes

SMP: The effects of SMP has been increased. For example, if two 8Ds are used in a combo, the opponent can tech almost immediately after the second 2D.
OD: The burst system has been reworked into the overdrive system. Carl's OD effect is that Ada becomes powered up; some of her moves have new properties, have shortened recovery and she gains access to a new DD. It seems that SMP is negated during OD.

Carl
5A: 5A can cancel into itself once
2A: 2A can cancel into itself once
6A: Does not launch on ground hit.
5B: No longer jump cancellable on block
6B: Causes spin on counter hit like Hakumen's 6D counter
5C: Has more hitstun (Unconfirmed), now jump cancellable on block
3C: The enemy is launched higher, still air-untechable. 3C into Fermata combos. No longer jump cancelable on hit.
Crush Trigger (5A+B): New move. Has reasonable startup and can be used in combos. Staggers on ground hit and floor bounces on air hit. Has SMP.
Cantabile (623C): Has higher base damage (1200 dmg) but no longer does 100% of its base damage in combos. Carl can no longer do a meterless solo follow up off this move.
Allegretto (j.214C): .Has corner bound properties, recovery has been reduced and allegretto pushes Carl back more.
Cantata (632146C): Minimum damage nerfed to 400. Launches at a downward trajectory, making it harder to combo off in a corner.
Overdrive: During OD he has access to Relius's DD Val Tedo
Astral: Completely changed. No longer the old time bomb super, it's now an actual attack that's similar to Relius's AH. Can be comboed into from 3C so it's a bit more practical now :yaaay:

Ada
Health: Ada's health amount is the about the same as EX. Her life recovery happens sooner but she takes more damage from attacks (needs confirmation)
6D: 6D causes sliding knockdown on air hit.
2D: The bounce from 2D has been 'fixed'; the apex of the bounce on air hit is the same height as that of the bounce on ground hit
8D: SMP has been increased.
3D: Causes floor bounce on aerial and grounded opponents. This means no more loopable UBs.
4D: Has a lot less Super Armor (unconfirmed). 4D no longer sends the opponent flying across the screen; instead it launches them upwards. The second hit of 4D causes spin on ground hit.
Brio (623D): Does one hit and has less hitstun.
Volante (421D): Launches on ground hit
La Tenerezza (46D): New move. Resembles a faster version of 4D with the reach of 6D. Useful as a poke, combo tool, can be combined with backdash for a pseudo-reversal. Has a vacuum effect on standing hit and causes floor bounce on air hit. Overall a very good move.
Anima (63214D): No longer a command grab, it's now a regular attack that can be comboed into. Knocks the opponent down, can be followed up. Now a fatal counter.
Fermata(214214D): Faster startup; j.2C into Fermata is a combo.
Val Tedo (632146D): New move. Carl's OD super is functionally identical to Relius' Val Tedo. 1.5k min damage

Oh...who called La Tenerezza being Nirvana's best move oh I wonder who.

Really hope to see some real match footage soon though. All I got to see from the stream was some arcade mode and years of training mode.

So it sounds like in general we'll be saving heat for CT's and CA's. Maybe an occasional fermata if we have the heat and RoM for specific match ups.

Also, in OD I swear I saw nirvana moving like in unlimited form, but I'll have to check again sometime to confirm.

I'm wondering if in a CON situation or in OCN we'll be able to do Whatever>5B>2B>6B>Cantable>Tenerezza >Follow up combo.

The floor bounce on airhit Tenrerezza seems pretty substantial enough for it to be a goto BnB.

IIRC they did try that,, but seeing as how no frame data has came out on it yet.. its hard to say if it has a better P2 than 6D they dont wana risk putting an Unknown move into combos for fear of how it will affect the combo

o.0. I know it isn't carl related, but anyone else catch at around 5:43 that platinum can guard crush with just her regular hammer? That's freakin' scary man.

o.0. I know it isn't carl related, but anyone else catch at around 5:43 that platinum can guard crush with just her regular hammer? That's freakin' scary man.

Isn't it universal for everybody? (Guard Crush)

no no no, you're thinking of Crush triggers right? She didn't flash white, she didn't use any heat, and yet she broke our guard. I thought CT were the only way to break guard in this game, but looking at that, I guess not.

Anyway, has anyone been able to test that whole 3C>j.2C stuff?

no no no, you're thinking of Crush triggers right? She didn't flash white, she didn't use any heat, and yet she broke our guard. I thought CT were the only way to break guard in this game, but looking at that, I guess not.

Anyway, has anyone been able to test that whole 3C>j.2C stuff?

3c>fermata connects, but it is strict. I believe they were making a statement about the height of 3c being high enough to connect j2c if you rapid. Or OD, also Updated the first page.

Looks like Carl vol tedo minimum damage is around 1.4 k o.o that's really nice considering how easy and fast it is to land.

Its 1.8k a 3.3k combo turned into a 5.1k combo with Vol Tedo at the end.....

That combo you mentioned might not have been completely scaled down damage-wise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aotPshx1XuQ&feature=g-all-u

4k => Val Tedo => 5.5k. This happens at 6:28 and 7:50. 1.4-1.5k sounds right.

Anyways, I'm pretty thrilled to see how Carl will turn out. He's looking really good considering that it's still pretty much day one.

The combo i was talking about is actually at 3:35 iirc.. its vs Amane not litchi.. and i did see what you were talking about. Its odd i believe that the longer our OD last the less DMG vol tedo does. Its cause it was 3.5>vol Tedo>5.1k when carls hp was full

The damage was something like 3590-ish when Val Tedo was done so the minimum damage might be a little more than 1.5k. That's still a pretty beast combo ender. Then again, you're basically throwing your burst away for that super so I guess they'd have to make it worth the OD.

I believe a lot of carl's moves have a little of the hitbox behind him. If you look at ambivalent world combo video for CS1, they made one small combo of nothing but these types of instances.

I'm sure this information is buried somewhere on Dustloop already, but I'd greatly appreciate it if somebody could fill me in on what the inputs for Carl's new distortion drive are. Thanks!

Carl's new voicework is cool and all, but why does he sound like a squeaking... something when he blocks shit? :8/:

I love Sawashiro Miyuki too much to care though. :kitty: