Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CP] Jin Combo Thread

Nice, this would also push Jin back so it'll be less likely not to get the full 1.5K from Touga.

Edit: 5C whiffs on some characters. Tested it only on a handful of them, it didn't work on Hazama and Nu. Just something to keep in mind before going for this route.

Here is an alternative for Hazama:

Corner, 80% HP left, 60 heat to start:

TK j.214C, OD, 66 3C > 214B, 5C > 6B > j.214C, 6C > 623B, 5C > 22C, 5C > 3C > 632146C (5926/15, -75)

EDIT: Won't work on Nu. This combo gives the most I've gotten for her.

TK j.214C, OD, 66 3C > 214B, 5C > 2C > 6C > 6D, 5B(1) > 5C > 2C > sj.2C > j.D > j.214C, 632146C (5872/14, -75)

I was hoping to get away from character specifics more than we have, but no such luck. At least position specific combos aren't quite as prolific...

Came up with this while trying to figure out if j.236D has any decent use.

Midscreen: AA 5B > 5C > 2C > sj.C > sj.2C > JC > j.2C > j.D > j.236D > land > 66B > 5B > 5C > 3C > 214BC

Around 3400-3500 damage. 1-2 Heat net gain. Apparently, the time it takes between j.236D and 214BC is long enough for EX cooldown to wear off and 214BC gives the full guaranteed 9 heat.

Might be some possible options if you delay the j.236D. It won't combo, but it will force the opponent to block it once j.D wears off, which might give you time to approach and continue pressure. Then again, I could be wrong about this part. Feel free to correct me.

Shirushi saved us the trouble and noted down which characters OD Fubuki > 5C doesn't work on, right here: http://youtu.be/fvc7FEAOnCI?t=2m18s

Litchi, Carl, Hazama and Nu. Works on most of the cast though, so not bad at all

I'm confused at this, actually. How do these combos not work on these characters?

I normally do a small dash for 5C xx Super and it seems fine. Still get full damage, ya' know?

I'm confused at this, actually. How do these combos not work on these characters?

I normally do a small dash for 5C xx Super and it seems fine. Still get full damage, ya' know?

You can microdash 5C but it can be difficult to space it to get all 5 ice wave hits, and if you miss even one of them, 9 times out of 10 it isn't worth the 5C.

Mostly a risk vs reward call.

My personal experience has been characters that are that thin are very particular for spacing to get all 5 hits in the corner. On Nu for instance if I microdash 5C I usually get only 3 out of 5 Ice Wave hits.

You can microdash 5C but it can be difficult to space it to get all 5 ice wave hits, and if you miss even one of them, 9 times out of 10 it isn't worth the 5C.

Mostly a risk vs reward call.

My personal experience has been characters that are that thin are very particular for spacing to get all 5 hits in the corner. On Nu for instance if I microdash 5C I usually get only 3 out of 5 Ice Wave hits.

I see.

Thanks for that info, send pie.

I made a midscreen OD combo video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMxnLDSOvus

Still messing around with OD stuff so not sure if these are Optimal or not.

Not gonna lie, but I went ahead and closed the tab as soon as I saw the first combo. All in honestly, read up this thread and see what's optimal. Once you've figured out what's optimal, try to see if you can do something better and post it up. My advice on the OD situation is just remember to use all your resources, and see if it really helps the combo. There's even some situations where it's best to use the 50% meter for non-super OD combos, ya' know?

Corner Combo 50% HP 100% HG Corner - 6C>6B>j.214D>66>6C>CT>2C>6C>OD>6C>6D>6B>j.214C>66>5C>623B>6321456C 7.8k Damage. Though depending on the character you are able to walk closer and connect 5C>623B to allow the special to add on the damage to break 7.8k. If you can't connect the 5C>623B from walking up you have to 66 to connect the two but it still totals to 7.6k. Not sure if this combo has been added but I found it messing around. This works off of 6C Counter or Non-Counter.

The combo above does 7,852 damage. There is a way to get 7,865 damage out of it but I find it a little more difficult in terms of connecting the 6B and CT.

6C>214B>5C>2C>6C>CT>6C>6B>j.214D>66>2C>6C>OD>6C>6D>6B>j.214C>66(if needed)>623B>6321456C (7,865). If you can just walk forward slightly and do the 623B so you can connect more of 6321456C

What are some meterless combos that give Jin good oki and what would I follow them with? I have seen players do ice car combos and stop at ice car instead of finishing it with the slash and have also seen players use Sekkajin and not do the followup; I'm assuming these give Jin frame advantage?

Musou followup is for meter, Musou no followup seems to be better in terms of oki but I haven't really messed with it.

5B/5C > Sekka forces standing so you don't even have to deal with roll punishes and whatnot. If they don't tech you extend your combo a bit into another Sekka and go from there. If they tech you basically start pressure for free, you only have to worry about DPs and supers.

3C > Sekka offers great corner carry since it launches them really far away, but also allows you go do IAD > j.2C which will catch rolls or force them to block if they tech and don't DP/super.

Sekka is the way to go imo, I do however use Musou followup every now and then because the meter gain is really good, and a combo ending to it pretty much guarantees you 25 meter to turn your next confirm into 4k+ easily.

I use Musou no followup very rarely, usually against people who don't like to tech and I don't care if I give up oki for a little more damage, for the times when I have life lead or something. Musou > blue beat 2B > air combo > Hizansen, good damage and the game's back to neutral.

Edit: All of the above is for midscreen situations by the way, in the corner everything is good imo. 5B/5C > Sekka is pretty much the same, air hit > Sekka allows you to set up safejumps, Hizansen creates some distance but then you won't have to deal with mash and most DPs/supers, allowing you to get in at the same time. You probably won't be getting ice car enders there since it's your main combo filler.

There are also freeze resets which are great, but they definitely aren't okizeme, more like gimmicks.

Corner Combo 50% HP 100% HG Corner - 6C>6B>j.214D>66>6C>CT>2C>6C>OD>6C>6D>6B>j.214C>66>5C>623B>6321456C 7.8k Damage. Though depending on the character you are able to walk closer and connect 5C>623B to allow the special to add on the damage to break 7.8k. If you can't connect the 5C>623B from walking up you have to 66 to connect the two but it still totals to 7.6k. Not sure if this combo has been added but I found it messing around. This works off of 6C Counter or Non-Counter.

Try going for another route if you're spending 100% and at 50% life.

You can do 6C>CT>6C>6B>214D>6C>214B>5C>2C>6C>ODC>6C>6D>6B>214C>6C>623B>Super

8.6k+ easy.

If you feel you're too close for all the hits in the super, just do 623B without the 6C, and you'll get all the hits doing about 8.4. But if you're too close, you're looking at 150 less damage.

How do i combo into 6c does it have to be a counter hit?

CH or if they're hit while crouching.

You can do stuff like 5B(1 hit) CH > 6C, or 5C(CH)>6C

When crouching, no CH is needed. 5C>6C while crouching.

Trying to extend the standard midscreen 2D > OD combo using meter, (since I find myself OD-ing a lot after 2D, easiest confirm I think). Here's what I come up with:

5B(2) > 5C > 6C > 2D, CT, OD, 5C > 6B > Hizansen, dash 6C > Sekkajin, 5C > 3C > Ice Car, Ice Wave (5.7k+, 75 meter)

5B(2) > 5C > 6C > 2D, CT, OD, 5C > 6B > Hizansen, dash 6B > Hizangeki, dash 6C > Sekkajin, 3C > Ice Car, Ice Wave (6.1k+, 100 meter)

Cannot check for exact damage and meter needed right now, no PS3 around here.

Is there already better combos than this that I'm not aware of though? I did check through the thread.

The 100 heat combo does 6107 damage, and can be improved with:

5B-5C-6C-2D-CT-OD-5C-6B-j214D-5C-(delay)IAD-j2C-jC-j214C-66C-22C-3C-632146C

Which does 6160 damage.

The 75 Heat combo does 5734 damage, and can be improved with:

5B-5C-6C-2D-CT-OD-5C-6B-j214C-66C-22C-665C-3C-214B-3C-632146C

and

5B-5C-2C-6C-2D-CT-5C-6B-5C-j2C-jC-j214C-6C-22C-3C-632146C

Which do <5855> and <5751> damage respectively.

Of course, such an incremental improvement in damage isn't that big a deal.

A stylish alternative:

5B-5C-6C-cOD-IAD-j2C-jC-665C-CT-66TK214C-6C-22C-5C-3C-632146C

For about 5.6K

did anyone break 9k with Jin's OD combo? I can seems only do up till around 8k

Highest I've gotten with OD cancel is around 8.48k with the 6C starter combo that PozerWolf posted earlier, but in theory it could go up to 8.6k if you could get all 5 Ice Wave hits (I have yet to do so). I tried to see if I could stick a DP D > 3C at 30% hp after 623B, just before the Ice Wave, but the time decay won't let me do it.

In pure OD, highest I've gotten is 8317 with 6C starter using 125 heat at 30% hp, with DP D > 3C before the Ice Wave. I'd like to use 22C~D before Ice Wave for style and a little more damage but I can't find a scenario in the corner that lets you get any decent number of Ice Wave hits after the side swap and launch, unless you sacrificed the heat gain and damage of an early Hizangeki in OD, which is less than optimal.

If someone finds a way, that is awesome, but between the time decay, no gold bursts, and the changes to heat gain, I don't see Jin breaking 9k (Please prove me wrong, lol).

I got some training mode time in the other day and was able to list what combos work on who for the following combos. Let me know if I got anything wrong.

Throw > j.2C > j.C > j.2C > j.C

Amane, Arakune, Azrael, Hakumen, Hazama, Litchi, Mu, Ragna, Relius, Tager, Terumi, Tsubaki, Valkenhayn

5C > j.2C > j.C Fatal Loops

Carl, Izayoi, Jin, Kagura, Noel, Nu, Platinum, Rachel, Taokaka, all of the above Throw combo except Ragna

5C > 2C > j.2C > j.C Fatal Loops

Bang, Bullet

5B > 2C > j.2C > j.C Fatal Loops

Kokonoe, Makoto, Ragna

The 100 heat combo does 6107 damage, and can be improved with:

5B-5C-6C-2D-CT-OD-5C-6B-j214D-2D-j2C-jC-j214C-66C-22C-3C-632146C

Which does 6222 damage.

Optimize.

Recently, looked around the forums for a good 5B corner combo but the current one posted is pretty hard to do. so i messed around in training mode for awhile and came up with this one, it does slightly more and has about the same heat gain.

5B(2)>5C>3C>214B>5B(1)>5C>6C>6D>6C>22C>5B(2)>5C>JC>J2C>JC>J214C, 3664 damage, 26 heat gain.

works for the entire cast. 5b(2)>5c before JC can't be delayed in the slightest for platinum or the combo gets dropped.