Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CP] Jin Gameplay Discussion

BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Gameplay/Jin Discussion Only

• Remember to keep the discussion Jin and gameplay related.
  • Discussion about specific matches and players is fine too.

I had to try so hard to keep myself from asking "how do i shot ice?" in the Q&A thread. XD

I'm not sure if you noticed it (based on the OP post, it seems you might have), Moy, but has anyone else noticed that Hizangeki after 6B (since you're still technically airborn) makes for a nice mixup option? I imagine you could probably rapid and 2B for some mindgames instead.

Yeah, 6B > Hizangeki is going to be sweet. It saves you 25 Heat since you don't have to RC the 6B to go into overhead shenanigans. I'll probably just land and use 2B since 6B is probably still + on block.

Is it + enough to really get a 2B out? You might trade and even if they get hit by it after you land, assuming you didn't dash for fear of them disrespecting you, your only option would probably be 2B > 3C > 214D > stuff. Without the 25 heat, you probably won't get much with a 2B there unless you dash after 6B.

I'm a real conservative ass when it comes to meter. I'll take a chance and condition them into not being mashy fucks with 5B(1) CH > massive damage. Yeah, you probably won't get much out of 2B if you don't micro dash it.

Do people really disrespect your 6B that much? 6B is the normal which people seem to respect for me a lot. They'll mash the shit out of 5B x N though lol.

Yeah, people mash after 6B all the time for me. I know it has frame advantage and I imagine they do as well, but if I try to microdash 2A or 2B, they mash me out of it and I get counterhit. :( As a result, I usually do 6B > 2A > microdash 2A or 6B > 2Ax2 > microdash 2A to condition them to stop being mashy fuckers.

I also get DP'd after 6B all the fucking time. I literally bait an Inferno Divider the first time I use 6B in a match against any Ragna I face, because they all try to DP there.

Then again, I always go for 66 5B after 6B. Automatic frame trap and pressure reset. It's all about conditioning people though, specially with low frame advantage like that.

I go for 66 5B if they respect me. One mash out of that though, and I'm far more careful.

The second hit of Hizangeki counts as an overhead, Hizansen doesn't count as an overhead at all.

That jin got beat up...at least i saw all his default colors.

CT ish Red

CT Black

New white palette

Miya palette

CT Yellow

The second hit of Hizangeki counts as an overhead, Hizansen doesn't count as an overhead at all.

That reminds me: Has anyone seen that "first hitbox" of hizangeki actually hit something? I assumed it was just part of the animation, but wasn't an actual hitbox.

I saw it work on a video, the guy did Air Combo > j.D > Hizangeki and the first hit of Hizangeki freezes the opponent. I can't remember the exact video though.

That's interesting. So as a starter, it won't waste your freeze as long as the second hit is actually the starter? Does proration keep it from being used mid-combo?

That's interesting. So as a starter, it won't waste your freeze as long as the second hit is actually the starter? Does proration keep it from being used mid-combo?

1. Bingo, I saw a combo starting with the second hit followed up by 2B pick up into 2C > j.D > land > stuff. Think it was like 3.6k damage.

There was a pretty nice combo, that did 3.8k not sure if I remember correctly:

- AA 5C CH > 2C > air combo > j.D > Hizangeki (1st hit) > land > stuff into 22CD

The freeze count is pretty high on Hizangeki, in some other video I saw it followed up by 6C so I imagine its combo potential is huge.

It seems that the first hit has a very small hit-box and hits slightly above Jin. As we've seen, you don't have to worry about using up your freeze when using TK Hizangeki as an overhead; the first hit will whiff. I don't know about its usage mid-combo though.

I'm guessing that if you're relatively far away from the opponent then the first hit will still whiff and you'll get the 2nd hit only. It might lead to decent damage in the corner if it were to work that way. Now what I'm worried about here is whether 5C > TK Hizangeki will work due to its long start-up.

I don't know how good/bad that move prorates, we'll just have to wait and see.

1. Bingo, I saw a combo starting with the second hit followed up by 2B pick up into 2C > j.D > land > stuff. Think it was like 3.6k damage.

The freeze count is pretty high on Hizangeki, in some other video I saw it followed up by 6C so I imagine its combo potential is huge.

This makes it sound like you can use Hizangeki's first hitbox to refreeze the opponent if they are in front of and slightly above you, allowing you to extend the combo further via the long freeze time because at that spacing, it looks like the second hit will whiff.

^thats not rly too useful tho, maybe at best itll be usable as a post freeze crossup j.d reset if the first hit doesnt hit them back too far or maybe extend midscreen slightly

Yeah, this is all conjecture for now. I can't wait for the PS3 release.

Isn't the C DP frame 1 invincible. Can't tell you how many times my oki attacks whiffed through it and I got punished. Don't think that should be happening normally.

Looks like they nerfed the I-frames. That jab should have gone straight through DP C and neither Jin nor Haku would have been hurt (Jin would eventually get hurt though). You usually can't punish Jin until after the "slash effect" disappears yet here he got tagged in the middle of the "slash effect".

he just got hit after the invincibility frames... nothing special. gonna have to wait for frame data to see for sure though...