Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CSE-CP] Jin Questions and Answers Thread - How Do I Shot Ice?

Well you can do that but you need to delay the jump a bit if you want it to catch rolls as well.

I'm going to experiment with max range 5C meaty and see if there are some reversals that whiff at that range. Then I'll add this wall of oki to the wiki.

Jin has a hitbox on his sword so Ragna's, Jin's, Haku's, Litchi's would wreck his shit. dunno about Hazama's Quick get up flash kick.

Hirensou seems to whiff if I time the 5C right. Ragna tags Jin out of his 5C of course and Haku's counter catches it as well. I haven't tried it with the other characters yet.

I spent some time in the lab and here are the results:

Use 5C against...

- Bang, his reversal super whiffs on 5C

- Tager, his 720 whiffs without magnetism.

- Litchi, her DP D barely grazes you, it doesn't knock you down.

- Noel, her 4D whiffs

- Maybe against Jin, you have to time your 5C just right so that Hirensou doesn't hit you.

Use 66 (micro-dash) 2B against...

- Mu, your 2B clashes with her DP

- Makoto, her DP whiffs against 2B

Use 66 2A against everyone else...

- Lambda's Calamity Sword is too slow, you'll recover from 2A and block it.

- You'll have to bait reversals as you normally would against everyone else.

When you say microdash, you mean on their wakeup? Is this only for DP C and 214A oki?

- Mu, your 2B clashes with her DP

Whoa dude slow down.

Might not want to get into a fight with the Grand Clashmaster Mash herself.

More importantly, keep in mind that her metered reversal will beat that out for free. Jumping over µ during her wakeup is the only reliable option to beat them both.

Moy just likes to press buttons no matter what. But yeah, might just wanna safe jump it unless you're like 100% sure that is gonna land. Even so can't beat the power of MASHING.

Moy just likes to press buttons no matter what. But yeah, might just wanna safe jump it unless you're like 100% sure that is gonna land. Even so can't beat the power of MASHING.

We just said that her DP can't be safe jumped...

I'd like to try that clash scenario out once, just for fun lol. If anything then we can just bait it by doing nothing after the back-dash since her DP will be outta of range. That or 3C > 236C beats it for free as long as she doesn't have the meter for wake-up super.

Hey there. I've been fighting a certain Ragna for a long time now, and I've tried some of the hints explained in the Jin VS Ragna matchup thread, but the problem is that once I fall into a combo, I'm usually already done for. How exactly can Jin deal with pressure and punish effectively in Extend?

you have 623C and D, thought i wouldn't try 623C without 50 meter to RC if they block. you also have counter assault as well.

the rest is learning to block. look at your opponent's tendencies: do they always go for an overhead after a specific attack? do they always jump after a specific attack? do they always run back in at a specific spacing? pay attention and learn to predict the opponent's action and beat them up for being predicitable.

really, i hate posts like this because it always boils down to the same thing: PAY ATTENTION and learn from your mistakes, record your matches on a cell phone camera if you need to. look at yourself play and look at WHEN you're getting hit and WHY. then try not to do those things and devise strategies or watch videos of other players and see what they do to overcome/avoid the situations you have problems with.

this is what we call learning the matchup.

this isn't as easy as it sounds: it's difficult to see your own mistakes mid-match, thus why people watch videos of themselves and other players.

You can do what shtkn told you or you could just play with me so we can help out each other. Since you're from Belgium we should have a decent connection if you're up for some.

You can do what shtkn told you or you could just play with me so we can help out each other. Since you're from Belgium we should have a decent connection if you're up for some.

I guess, though I'm still a beginner with Jin in the end, if you're okay with that.

Hey. Just as a little disclaimer; I get the feeling making a new thread for this reason could be a faux pas, but I'm not sure. So I'll understand if it disappears rather quickly or fists get shaken.

As you might guess from the title I'm having trouble with Mid-screen combos that rely on post-Sekkajin timing, especially this one:

5B > 5C > Sekkajin > 66 6C > 2D > 66 6B > Sekkajin > 6C > 214C (3033/43)

It's that dash after the first Sekka, I've only landed it once, and after losing several hours to this I'm about ready to give up. I know I should be more determined and this grinding is necessary if I ever want to stop being a fighting game noob but, just.. urgh!

Is there something I'm missing here? or would it be better to focus on another of Jin's B'n'Bs first? Would this be a lot easier with an arcade stick?

this should have gone into a Q&A thread but to quote myself from an old thread:

To combo after sekkajin, realize that the 8th hit of sekkajin launches the opponent into the air so you should stop mashing C after the 6th hit of sekkajin, then do whatever's next in the combo.

as you do sekkajin, figure out what hit of hte combo will be the 8th hit of sekkajin, then prepare to do the 66C after that hit.

If the problem is with the dash and not letting go of off C after Sekkajin launches, then it means that your dash input is off. After you get the whole "release the C button a little before the 8th hit" thing down, you have to get used to knowing just how long it takes Jin to recover from Sekkajin after the 8th hit. It'll take a bit of practice but you'll eventually get it down, don't give up.

Derp. Sorry about the thread mixup, I only read [CP] in the title.

8th hit huh? Awesome, thanks. So far every time I manage to dash after Sekka the dummy air-recovers. I assume this means I'm a bit too slow?

I won't give up, thanks again. ^_^

Also, are there any obvious choices for a secondary character if Jin is my main?

Yeah, you're being too slow on the dash after Sekkajin.

That depends, why exactly do you like playing as Jin? Because he's balanced and has access to projectiles, DPs, good pokes, and decent close-range moves? Most people who main Jin also play Ragna on the side and vice versa, mostly because these two are simple, straightforward characters. You could also try Litchi or Platinum but Litchi is a bit more complex of a character and Platinum doesn't have a reversal (yet...) unless you have the bat equipped.

Uh.. cause.. he's the first I played as :3

I'm okay with Litchi actually, but I was thinking of becoming competent with a character whose style is least like Jin's.

You've been a big help guys, I've gone from nailing that combo 1/100 times to 1/5 times..

A ice car in the corner is probably Jin's best form of oki. From there you can do a properly spaced neutral jump J.2C to cover just about anything the enemy can do. Mid-screen you're stuck with B\C Ice Car knockdowns while allow you to do basic oki but not safe jump anything. 2B catches tech rolls in such situations and can gatling into 5B for reseting pressure and\or frame trapping. I'm not a very good Jin player so take all of this with a gran of salt.

DP C in the corner is my best bet for oki if I could. (for EX)

Gives me enough time to do a safe jump oki most of the time.

A ice car in the corner is probably Jin's best form of oki. From there you can do a properly spaced neutral jump J.2C to cover just about anything the enemy can do. Mid-screen you're stuck with B\C Ice Car knockdowns while allow you to do basic oki but not safe jump anything. 2B catches tech rolls in such situations and can gatling into 5B for reseting pressure and\or frame trapping. I'm not a very good Jin player so take all of this with a gran of salt.

DP C in the corner is my best bet for oki if I could. (for EX)

Gives me enough time to do a safe jump oki most of the time.

I'll try these out. Thanks.