Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CSE-CP] Jin Questions and Answers Thread - How Do I Shot Ice?

it is 623B. are you sure you are doing it right? 623 translates to  :f:  :d:  :df: if you are facing right. make sure you are stopping at  :df:

What are my options to open people up if they just block all day and are half decent at teching throws? Especially without meter.

Only ways I know of to open people up without meter when they tech throws well are ambiguous cross-ups with j.2C, j.B, etc. or cross-unders, usually with AA 5B, high/low games with stuff like j.2C/{empty jump, 2B} or bait them with higher or lower risk frame traps.  Sometimes you have to use really stupid strings to open block-happy people up, i.e. 5B > 6D, but they are very risky and you might be forced to eat a fat combo if they wise up fast...use sparingly, preferably with a healthy amount of HP.  Could also try to 6A and fish for a CH, upon which you can use 5B to combo w/o meter.

What are my options to open people up if they just block all day and are half decent at teching throws? Especially without meter.

TRM setups

Another option would be to go for JC > j.2C > j.C/2B. Basically what happens here is that if they block low immediately after the j.2C then they'll get hit by the j.C which counts as an overhead and if they don't block low after the j.2C then they'll get tagged by the 2B. The problem here is that jump canceling is about the riskiest thing you can do during pressure as it leaves an obvious hole for the opponent to exploit by either intercepting you mid-air or using that time to escape.

I dont quite understand his challenge 27. I have to admit Jins combos must be timed quite strict(imo). Anyway the combos is follows:

5C, 5D, 214D ~ C (wall stuck), 66 longDash, 6C, 214B, 5c, 22C, 5B, 5C, 2C, j.C, j.2C, JC, j.C, j.2C, j.214D, fall down OD j.214C, 3C, 623B, Ice supermove.

I screw up after OD, j.214C because I'm too far away for the 3C, 623B. I tried to dash 3C, 623B but then the 623B whiffs as Azreal recovers.

Edit: I got it. always jump forward and do the j.214C little bit higher. Anyway I cant perform the combo with a dash into 3c 623B. Someone said I'd do the 623B to slow.

Good question, I would assume that it would, seeing how you pretty much have to use your Barrier in order to block it but I'm not entirely sure.

does air ice sword have a higher projectile level than ground sword?

i shot an air sword at a tager as he used spark bolt, and the projectiles canceled.

Later on, I did the same with a ground sword, and spark bolt went through it and I got hit.

Hey I am trying to figure out what Jin's recent changes actually mean. specifically these 2

• Musou Tosshugeki (214D): Starter Rating of first hit worsened Normal -> Short.
  • Hirensou (623D): Starter Rating of first hit worsened Normal -> Short. Starter rating of the second hit is unchanged (Normal).

I am scratching my heads wondering what Starter Rating entails

There is one particular combo (I've seen Fenrich do it as well, minus the ice wave at the end). It's Jin's #28 challenge, and I seem to have difficulty with the 66 5B after the DP C. I either do it too late or I'm still in animation so I can't do it, and since I can't visually see my character there isn't really any cue for me to start inputting 66 5B. Any suggestions on how I can practice this?

I've only seen Fenrichi even attempt it, succeeding only... once?

People keep talking about how easy Jin's combos are, but some of the truly optimal ones are so hard they're not even worth bothering with (SekkaD Rehhyou route, midscreen 6C 22C 66 5C route)

"Just" pick them up as soon as possible after SekkaD so that the tip of Rehhyou hits them, then do the rest as fast as possible. I wouldn't even bother with it tho

I've only seen Fenrichi even attempt it, succeeding only... once?

People keep talking about how easy Jin's combos are, but some of the truly optimal ones are so hard they're not even worth bothering with (SekkaD Rehhyou route, midscreen 6C 22C 66 5C route)

"Just" pick them up as soon as possible after SekkaD so that the tip of Rehhyou hits them, then do the rest as fast as possible. I wouldn't even bother with it tho

It's the part after the Rehhyou I have the most trouble with because of the recovery. I wouldn't use this in a practical setting but it's more mechanical practice for myself. 

Some combos (such as the ones listed on the fundamental combos/chain routes for Jin) end with double Sekka. After the SMP kicks in, what are some of my options? I feel like the safest thing would be to put myself in a defensive position in neutral.

EDIT: Unless I should do it once, and if that's the case how should I follow up on the stagger?

SMP doesn't affect Sekka's stagger/knockdown properties, so there's no reason not to do it when it's possible.

After a stagger midscreen you can immediately start pressuring like usual, but without worrying about rolls, late techs etc.

After a proper 22C on an airborne opponent in the corner, your best bet is to go for a j.2C safejump. Just hold up during Sekka, and press j.2C when you're falling. It'll catch rolls which you can easily convert into a combo with 5B, and if they neutral tech j.2C will whiff which gives you enough time to see whether they DPed or something

I also forgot about midscreen 3C > 22C ender, which you should follow up with IAD j.2C. It should catch SOME rolls, I haven't been doing it at all lately so I don't really remember. This option does give you the best corner carry though

Another option after 3C-Sekkajin midscreen ender is to do dash 2B. They can't tech until just when you reach them, so If they emergency tech, your 2B will recover quckly enough to start pressure. if they delay tech,you can do 2B-5B-Sekka for more screen carry and the same oki. It also catches forward rolls, and lets you get pressure but not DP bait backward rolls.

It's more reliable than IAD j.2C in my opinion, as that often lets them roll if you you don't time it perfectly.

SMP doesn't affect Sekka's stagger/knockdown properties, so there's no reason not to do it when it's possible.

After a stagger midscreen you can immediately start pressuring like usual, but without worrying about rolls, late techs etc.

After a proper 22C on an airborne opponent in the corner, your best bet is to go for a j.2C safejump. Just hold up during Sekka, and press j.2C when you're falling. It'll catch rolls which you can easily convert into a combo with 5B, and if they neutral tech j.2C will whiff which gives you enough time to see whether they DPed or something

I also forgot about midscreen 3C > 22C ender, which you should follow up with IAD j.2C. It should catch SOME rolls, I haven't been doing it at all lately so I don't really remember. This option does give you the best corner carry though

Thank you guys for answering my questions-What do you mean by proper 22C? Is it when you hit them at a certain height so they have to aerial roll instead of emergency roll?

Yes they have to be at a certain height, for instance when you do 3C > 22C the opponent is technically airborne, but that won't let you catch rolls with the safejump in the corner.

The most common paths into 22C ender are

6C > 22C

6C > 22C > 5B(1) > 5C > 22C

6C > Musou > 5C > 22C > 5B(1) > 5C > 22C

3C > Musou > 5B(1) > 5C > 22C > 5B(1) > 5C > 22C

Rehhyou > 5B(1) > 5C > 22C > 5B(1) > 5C > 22C

Rehhyou > 5A > 5B(1) > 22C

And yeah midscreen 3C > 22C IAD j.2C is kinda strict and doesn't cover all options, so it might not be worth it in most cases. I guess you should only use it when it'll get them right in the corner so they won't be able to get away by backrolling

Yes they have to be at a certain height, for instance when you do 3C > 22C the opponent is technically airborne, but that won't let you catch rolls with the safejump in the corner.

The most common paths into 22C ender are

6C > 22C

6C > 22C > 5B(1) > 5C > 22C

6C > Musou > 5C > 22C > 5B(1) > 5C > 22C

3C > Musou > 5B(1) > 5C > 22C > 5B(1) > 5C > 22C

Rehhyou > 5B(1) > 5C > 22C > 5B(1) > 5C > 22C

Rehhyou > 5A > 5B(1) > 22C

And yeah midscreen 3C > 22C IAD j.2C is kinda strict and doesn't cover all options, so it might not be worth it in most cases. I guess you should only use it when it'll get them right in the corner so they won't be able to get away by backrolling

Been training on this all day. One thing I noticed is you want to do the 6C>22C at the height of the 6C's animation. That way, if they roll, you'll catch them with the j.2C and keep them in the corner. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Never mind you don't have to do that, but it helps if you do.

hit them with 6A later. you need to make sure they're as high as possible when you hit them with 6A

hit them with 6A later. you need to make sure they're as high as possible when you hit them with 6A

Oooohhhh. I've been doing it as soon as possible. Thanks friend!