Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KayEff

[CP] Ragna Combo Thread/Discussion

This combo here: 5B > 5C > 2D RC > 5C > 6A > hjc j.C > j.D > jc j.D > j.214D

excuse me for the beginner questions guys but how do you rapid cancel?

Because his challenge 30 was utterly infuritating for me. For those who have troubles with it as well, I'll go ahead and post both the sample combo and how I ended up doing it.

Sample Play Combo:

OD > 214D > 236D > dc > 5D > 632146D > 623D (1) > 236C > 214D > jD > jc > jD > j214D > 5D > 214B > 214D > 214214D

My Combo

OD > 214D > 236D > dc > 623D > 236C > 236C> 5D > dc > 6D > j623D > 236C > 214D > jD > j214B > j214D > jc > jD > j214D > 214214D > rc > 214D

Thing about the sample combo that's possibly tricky is the ID after Scissors, thing that's tricky about my combo is that for DbD to connect after the j214D is that they need to be hit at the upper tip of it so you land in time to catch them after the bounce. Also the final 214D needs to be inputed immediately after the RC. If you can get the ID after Scissors with little trouble the sample play combo might prove easier to do than the one I came up with.

Because his challenge 30 was utterly infuritating for me. For those who have troubles with it as well, I'll go ahead and post both the sample combo and how I ended up doing it.

Sample Play Combo:

OD > 214D > 236D > dc > 5D > 632146D > 623D (1) > 236C > 214D > jD > jc > jD > j214D > 5D > 214B > 214D > 214214D

My Combo

OD > 214D > 236D > dc > 623D > 236C > 236C> 5D > dc > 6D > j623D > 236C > 214D > jD > j214B > j214D > jc > jD > j214D > 214214D > rc > 214D

Thing about the sample combo that's possibly tricky is the ID after Scissors, thing that's tricky about my combo is that for DbD to connect after the j214D is that they need to be hit at the upper tip of it so you land in time to catch them after the bounce. Also the final 214D needs to be inputed immediately after the RC. If you can get the ID after Scissors with little trouble the sample play combo might prove easier to do than the one I came up with.

Thanks, your version is definitely easier. The dash into 623D forces a ID to come out instead of a deadspike, still having issues with the deadspike having input priority. Though doing 2623 seem to work consistently as soon as I get into a match my muscle memory fucks it up.

Btw I get this feeling the GH>follow-up timing seems to vary from combo to combo, I want to do dash>5D after GH do I have to wait at the latest or what? I hate this part the most about using GH in combos. Now just need to stop trying to Dash cancel a 5D and learn the 5B>3C>22C>Dash>Dash during midscreen.

Are there any specific benefits to ending air combos in Blood Scythe as opposed to the ID string?

Also I'm having a hell of a time trying to combo after BS, is there any thing specific I can do to help with the timing? It feels like they're already teching by the time I even recover enough to 5B.

Edit: Also is 2D only dash cancelable in Overdrive?

Are there any specific benefits to ending air combos in Blood Scythe as opposed to the ID string?

Also I'm having a hell of a time trying to combo after BS, is there any thing specific I can do to help with the timing? It feels like they're already teching by the time I even recover enough to 5B.

Edit: Also is 2D only dash cancelable in Overdrive?

I don't know about BS, but 2D is only dash cancelable in OD.

Totally neglected to check this thread when trying to figure out Ragna's Challenge 30. But here's what I came up with, in case it helps anybody.

Here's a pretty good throw combo

5B+C > A+B > OD > 623D > 236C > 214D > j.D > j.214B > 214D > JC > j.214D > 214214D

Damage: 5238

Heat required: 75

Can be done at 90% life or below.

Midscreen

5B > 5C > 2D(RC) > Dash > 5C > 5D(1) > 214A > 5B > 5D(1) > 214Bxx214D > microdash > 5D(2) > 22C > 623Dxx236Cxx214D

Damage: 4,126

Heat Required: 50%

Heat Gained: 18%(not sure why it did 9% in the video, maybe because I RC'd twice in a short time, but it's 18% when I do it on dummy)

Not really optimized but I have an easier time executing it than 2D(RC) dash 22C dc DS dc etc.

Omit the dash after the RC for smaller characters.

edit: also it looks like DID whiffs on small characters if you haven't carried them to the corner, so it's only for actual 'midscreen', not full on them

(not sure why it did 9% in the video, maybe because I RC'd twice in a short time, but it's 18% when I do it on dummy)

you were still in cooldown from the previous RC when you started the 2nd combo.

I figured it was something around those lines, thanks.

Corner Throw:

5/6B+C > 236D > 3C > 22C > 214Bxx214D > 5D(1) > 623Dxx236Cxx214D

Damage: 3,295

Heat Gained: 21%

Works on backthrow too if your throwing them into the corner from close to it.

you guys should start messing around with corner combos that have either hell's fang or gauntlet hades, or maybe both.

i'd do it myself but my copy's in retention ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

I've been trying to squeeze GH into spots like above where I can 5D after it, what else works as a follow up to it later in combos?

I find it that HF is really weird in the corner. It seems really tight to follow-up; I've been primarily running xx > 214A air hit > 2A > 5B > 5D > 623D > ender. I never really seem to got anything else but 2A/5B to work after HF, and 5B only works if the opponent is at a certain distance from the ground.

It really comes down to a matter of time, as well as an issue of proration. DID should always work after GH > KA but it's a matter of is it really worth it, it will probably give you the same damage as just doing 5D(2) > Ender.

Strongest midscreen meterless FC DID combo with j.BS knockdown?

FC DID > (dash) delay 5B > delay 5C > 5D(1) > GH(1) > 5B > delay 5C > 5D(1) > delay HF > 5B > delay 5C > j.C dj.C dj.D j.BS - 4.2k

Ah gotcha...I'll play with that tonight, you get counter status if you use it to punish something, correct? I'm assuming in the corner you can DID > dash > 3C > 22C > DS and go from there, might be able to actually fit every special he has into the same combo if HF > delay 5B doesn't act all finicky in the corner.

Yeah to get a FC you either hit the opponent out of some attack (risky to go for without meter unless its some guaranteed on reaction thing), or punish an attack on block/whiff that puts the opponent in CH state during their recovery.

In corner I found this to be stable:

FC DID > 2B > 5D(1) > DS DC > 3C > 22C DC > 5B > 5C > j.C dj.C BE > 5D(2) HF ender - 4.3k(?)

In general I hadn't thought about using 2B in places, in the corner can you get launch > 5D(1) > HF > 2B instead of 5B since 5B is so unreliable in the corner?

Might be a bit late/already posted but perhaps this may be another decent combo to add?

In my first 2 hours of play I've tried finding some uses for BS - 22C

Needs crouching and a corner

5C - 6C(2) - 6D - BS - 22C - DS - 5C - j.c j.C - BE - 5D(2) - DID into axe kick = 4458 damage and 29 heat gain

potential?