Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toasty

[CP] Amane Nishiki Q&A Thread

Ask any Amane-related questions here. Story, gameplay, or otherwise.

If you are asking a question, BOLD the question. To make things a little easier to follow, QUOTE the question that you are answering.

I may make an FAQ section if I see multiple questions being asked repeatedly.

I actually have a general question about his fabhops that I shouldn't need to bug Bedsheets about.

Fabhop is only cancelable into normals and other fabhops, right? And any airdashing or doublejumping will have to be done once the hop is finished?

I actually have a general question about his fabhops that I shouldn't need to bug Bedsheets about.

Fabhop is only cancelable into normals and other fabhops, right? And any airdashing or doublejumping will have to be done once the hop is finished?

Not sure it answers it properly, but I was strongly under the impression you could from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F69xtXVDAwc Then again it does depends at what time you would consider the hop to be finished.

Does each level Charge Increase his Drill Move chip damage? It looks like Level 3 Takes off almost 1000 HP of chip

Does each level Charge Increase his Drill Move chip damage? It looks like Level 3 Takes off almost 1000 HP of chip

Yeah, that's true. It increases overall damage as well as chip damage.

Is Amane's playstyle very stagnant? I noticed floor drill are only used for okis, followed up by 6D. And everything revolves around the anti airs; most ground close range combos only dish 1.8K.

Which is Amane's best reversal super?

Can Amane's astral be comboable? Or is it a punishing astral?

Is 6B a good option to have a short backjump rather than 214A? And you still get 2 jump cancels if you do hit with 6B>j.6C?

Is Amane Litchi's favorite cousin, because he played dress up with her when she was young?

Is Amane's playstyle very stagnant? I would say no. Although he looked that way during day 1 footage (when people were trying to use him as a zoner) he has definitely evolved since then. Most of the good Amane players are always moving around with Fabhop pressure. I see him as a midranged rushdown/pressure character.

Which is Amane's best reversal super? Seijuu, 63146C (charge/dash through super), has invul frames. His other super 63146D has no invul but it can be used as "get off me" move if you get your opponent to block it since it pushes them fullscreen.

Can Amane's astral be comboable? Or is it a punishing astral? So far we haven't seen anyone combo into it.

I guess I worded it wrong. Can you play Amane different ways? I know you can play pressure rushdown, but can you play mini-zoner or in your face? I like a character that can adapt well, depending on situations. Like Nu can play close up, or she can become a zoner; depending on what she needs. Can Amane do that?

I guess I worded it wrong. Can you play Amane different ways? I know you can play pressure rushdown, but can you play mini-zoner or in your face? I like a character that can adapt well, depending on situations. Like Nu can play close up, or she can become a zoner; depending on what she needs. Can Amane do that?
mini-zoner should depend on the matchup. he has the tools to keep some characters out, or out of their favorite position. he has to be at certain ranges himself to zone. he can also run away well, a good quality if you're trying to zone. his pressure looks good but mixup wise i'm not seeing anything that's too hard to block. overall he looks like a versatile character who can really bait a foe into making a mistake, and thrives heavily on momentum.

Can you explain to me how his meter system works exactly? How is it generated and how is it spent? etc. etc.

Can you explain to me how his meter system works exactly? How is it generated and how is it spent? etc. etc.

I assume you mean his drill meter/gauge. If so, it is affected in many ways by his different tools. Without going into the specifics:

• Drill normals will raise the drill level while active at different rates on block, on hit or on whiff. No differences in that gain rate.
  • The level will increase for as long as the normal is active. For instance, 5D has a fixed amount of maximum active frames, so it can only build a maximum fixed amount of drill meter. 6D has infinite active frames, so you can build as much drill meter as you want.
  • On level 3, your increase rate is much greater on just as about any normal
  • The gauge will decrease naturally at a fixed rate. Hitstun/hitstop will freeze it for it's duration.
  • There are 3 levels, every time you increase levels, your normals change and become better in nearly every aspect, damage, chip damage, proration, frame advantage. If you go past level 3, you over heat. Your drill attacks will be unavailable for about 2-3 seconds and you will go back to level 1 after that.
  • Amane also has his hariken stance. Holding the stance active will increase your drill level. Going into a drill followup will maintain your drill gauge at the exact level it is for the drill duration.
  • Supers will cause overheat and their properties and damage will vary depending on level. For instance, Seijyuu will have a combo followup on level 3 drill.
  • Overdrive will alter the way your gauge will raise or lower. It will try as much as possible to place your gauge on level 3. This means that without normals your gauge raise, with normals it will increase much faster, with normals at level 3 it will increase much more slowly. Supers will still cause overheat.

You can find more technical info on the wiki if you want to see the difference in numbers.

You covered it all great, thanks! I wasn't able to understand what was stopping Amane players from spamming the heck out of all the drill attacks just from watching videos. Probably should have thought to check the wiki too. Thanks again!

Okay so I was in training mode and I was trying to figure out some tech punishes but it seemed as if the dummy would never tech roll to the right or left whenever I went for knockdown. (Yes I had my settings correct..at least I believe so) But my question is:

Does Amane have a special property on any of his moves that forces only neutral tech or did I just do something wrong in my training mode settings ?

On what move exactly did you get these knockdowns? I think what might have been triggered was emergency teching. Basically some moves have a float property (3C, crush trigger, Gosei, Raibu) and some have hard knockdown (6C, 3C counterhit, 6B). A hard knockdown guarantees that whenever you can tech, roll options are available. A float property knockdown implies that if you are holding to tech, as soon as you touch the ground, you'll do emergency teching which looks like a regular tech. You would have to delay the tech to gain access to rolls.

If it's the case, I suggest you check out the wiki for the specifics as this stuff is pretty important for Amane and 6D/hariken resets http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Movement_(BBCP)#Ground_Rolling

Will the drill damage increase if the gauge levels up?

Like, 6D from lvl1 -> 3, will 6D continuously do damage as a lvl 1 drill or will the damage increase when the level increases?

Alright that makes sense, and I believe it was 3C I was testing. I got really confused and thought it was a bug in training mode or something :s

Will the drill damage increase if the gauge levels up?

Like, 6D from lvl1 -> 3, will 6D continuously do damage as a lvl 1 drill or will the damage increase when the level increases?

Yes it should. I havn't tested myself, but you can observe that behaviour fairly easily. For instance there are extended combos that go into 6D. The level 3 has a minimum damage unlike the other 2 levels and you can notice the damage increasing only when the drill level becomes 3

Alright that makes sense, and I believe it was 3C I was testing. I got really confused and thought it was a bug in training mode or something :s

If you want to know for sure, check Amane's frame data page. Info should be all there.

EDIT: oops forgot to link it here http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Amane_Frame_Data_(BBCP)

Which player should i watch if Im mainly concerned with chipping with drills? (as in more chip kills and less mixup orientated)

Edit: oh, before i go checking them all out later, if anyone knows which one of those notable players "abuses" the drill the best and get chip damage/kill the best, that would save me some time. Thank you!!!!

Which player should i watch if Im mainly concerned with chipping with drills? (as in more chip kills and less mixup orientated)

I honestly feel like you should just try and find any Amane gameplay from Gamechariot matches or off of Jourdals Youtube channel. Amane doesn't even have mixup so I doubt you'll find any trying to play a mixup oriented game.

But here are some notable players straight off the Amane Video Thread:

Shadow

Hinane-chan

SpinKing

Jiro

Ora

Sonya-Chan

Answered that one recently, but I'll repost here with notable aspects of each player:

Shadow : One of the first Amanes to really shine. Good player. He eventually dropped the character so his matches don't shine on the tech he uses, but just good fundamentals and decisions.

Hinane-chan : High ranked amane, not too many matches available.

Jiro : Solid all around, good display of tricks.

Ora : Has clutched a few times like in that Amane OCV against 3 excellent players.

Other notable names (lower rank, more flaws overall)

Arukemi : Came out a lot recently in videos, good display of recent tech, combo routes.

Tomi : Absolutely amazing once he gains momentums. His combo conversions are clean and smart, so is his pressure.

NT : Mid level amane who posts long set on his youtube channel and his frequently seen in tournaments videos.

SpinKing : Excellent player that showed up a lot in the beginning. It was his first blazblue game too

Sonya-Chan : Used to show up quite often

I know he's supposed to be bad, but I just got CP and I'm liking him. Is it worth learning stuff now, or is the update going to totally change how he plays? I looked at the change log and nothing really jumped out at me, but I've only been using him for like an hour so maybe I'm missing something significant. 

From what I've read of the update not much of his play style is actually going to change. Hes simply getting a few much needed buffs. So I would pick him up and learn what needs to be known then change up your style some accordingly when the patch comes out. Thats what Im doing at least. 

I know he's supposed to be bad, but I just got CP and I'm liking him. Is it worth learning stuff now, or is the update going to totally change how he plays? I looked at the change log and nothing really jumped out at me, but I've only been using him for like an hour so maybe I'm missing something significant. 

Most of the changes in 1.1 for all characters are not going to be very game changing so if you are interested in picking up and learning Amane, it's worth learning now. As for the changes for Amane; the 3 main ones for him is the change to 2A being 1 hit instead of two hits now, 5C having much less recovery than current version, and Hariken building drill meter faster.