Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zipzo

Looking for ease of mind...(ordered a Hori Fight stick)

I ended up ordering the PS3 Fighting Edge Stick from the Hori website. I gave it a long period of time to make an informed decision and I had the money to throw at it, and visually it's pretty much the imagining of what I'd think is the greatest looking stick available. In any case...

I get really paranoid when it comes to expensive packages from very hard to contact senders. I was excited to get it ordered and get it going in the mail ASAP so I may not have stopped to ask this question *before* I gave them $200. They have no contact phone number. Just an e-mail. I sent one since the ordering of the package (yesterday night) but didn't get a response at all today so I'm to assume they don't value punctuality...I have a receipt and an e-mail I received promptly after ordering it that they "received my order" but there is no tracking # to speak of, or way I can somehow track the status of the package. Is this information supposed to come later?

Has anyone else had any experience ordering anything from Hori USA? Am I worrying too much? Would really appreciate the peace of mind :(

While I've never ordered directly from them, Hori is the actual manufacturer of these things, not some fly-by-night redistributor. They might not have the best speed/turnaround because direct sales probably isn't their primary line of business, but you'll get your hardware.

You are worrying for no reason. You will have to wait till Monday before they mail your stick. You ordered on Friday, which is the last day of the business week. Companies do not work on weekends. If you don't get any information about your stick being mailed by Monday or Tuesday, I would start worrying then.

You are worrying for no reason. You will have to wait till Monday before they mail your stick. You ordered on Friday, which is the last day of the business week. Companies do not work on weekends. If you don't get any information about your stick being mailed by Monday or Tuesday, I would start worrying then.

Heh. I'm still a fighting game newbie so it will also be my first stick ever, actually. I guess I'm just all anxious.

Working at a company that does have a weekend schedule I guess can skew my perception a little bit lol.