Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion (Read first post!)

BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

New series = new thread. Have fun.

You guys know I'm not much into speculating, but I'm sure this'll interest you - Cha0t0's current BBCP Litchi combo recommendations (source =Cha0t0's twitter). I've only lightly browsed through it.

URICHINAN EDIT: I would like for this thread to be about gameplay discussion, occasionally going off-topic is okay, as it's nearly impossible to not do so all the time. However, this is not a general discussion, so please keep it toned down.

If you would like to talk about general things, then you can join our Litchi Faye Ling Group located here.

Remember to always follow Dustloop's forum rules when posting as well. Thanks guys!

Edited by Urichinan

Much appreciated LK.

This is looking Nice -

EDIT:- You sure you don't want to start a Litchii [CP] Combo thread with this?

If you guys want to start one to speculate about potential stuff, then I wouldn't mind starting one with a link to that, but I wouldn't personally set up anything until after console release and I get to play some. The combo routes look more defined, even ad-lib stuff, so it should be much easier for me to do than EX.

Makes sense.

I guess dustloop is on hold for a while till Console releases.

How are you finding the new updates - (From what you've seen ofc)

Do you think she has more potential now?

Looks good, some stuff looks easier or got simplified. Her CT looks really good. Worried about setplay but no one has training mode so that has room to develop.

In other news, I want some input on how a couple of the threads are run... for starters, we've moved on from the "initial release phase" (or whatever you want to call the period where a new version of X game has been released) where people are just scrambling for any and all footage of their character. I personally like watching strong players - not only is there a larger chance of me taking something away from the matches (strategy, combo/confirm, mixup, anything). Do you want to just have a huge list of all the Litchi footage, or do you want both? I only know my own preferences and I don't know what someone else could take from footage.

Combo thread - want one now to talk about stuff, or wait until the game is out and make it combos only/no discussion? Once the game is out, it's going to be the same combo recommendation style - easier because it looks like ad-lib stuff is substantially easier than EX.

EDIT: By combo recommendation I mean something like this - how to combo off every move, taking into account location, character restrictions, and other miscellaneous things. also no picture

Edited by Lord Knight

I would personally say a video thread with all video footage but with lets say a small note like "(Recommended)" beside it , if you believe there is a larger chance of the forum players taking more away from those matches. As for the combo thread, that willll be good as well if we could have a combo thread, similar to what Chaoto gave you of

Starter "___" Followed by combo's.

Also with a list like this, you could also put a note on the side stating "(Optimal or practical)" Just so people know whats essential and whats just their as a possibility

With those two threads like that, the "general litchi CP thread" could just be used for questions or experiments.

I would personally say a video thread with all video footage but with lets say a small note like "(Recommended)" beside it , if you believe there is a larger chance of the forum players taking more away from those matches. As for the combo thread, that willll be good as well if we could have a combo thread, similar to what Chaoto gave you of

Starter "___" Followed by combo's.

Also with a list like this, you could also put a note on the side stating "(Optimal or practical)" Just so people know whats essential and whats just their as a possibility

With those two threads like that, the "general litchi CP thread" could just be used for questions or experiments.

i like the way this guy thinks

I think it's time to at least set up the threads, but the video thread should definitely be highly organized.

The highest priority videos should demonstrate something and serve as great examples.

Another section should be Major event matches or Japanese Matches.

The rest should be events and offline stuff, we'll make a thread for other stuff.

You should write a basics thread - link the wiki if you prefer using the wiki, but do use links.

Video thread obviously needs to follow the same format as all of the other video threads. As far as content goes, I believe we should add all the footage from decent to high level play. Keep out the truly bad stuff, but still keep in the not-so-amazing footage just so people can see what doesn't work. All of the current video threads have a section specified for notable players, so that will also help users know who to look out for. And if we wanted to, we can add notes on what some good matches are to watch.

For the combo thread, I feel that we need to list combos from each starter (As always) and taking screen position into account is very important. Though I would like to take that a step further and have the staff's placement taken into account. As there are very specific combos that are need to get the staff back in some cases. (An example would be having the staff too far in front of you to do 5B > 2C > 5D > Dash 5B so you would instead have to do 5B > 6B > 5C > 2C > 5D and other things of that nature) I know it would be a whole lot of work, and I personally would take the time to find all of these combos for the listing.

We need an FAQ/Q&A for basic questions and then the general thread which is just for normal gameplay related chitchat.

This is just my opinion.

I was thinking matches with strong players, maybe matches from US majors if there's a Litchi in finals, then a section for CMV and reference videos (like Cha0t0's Kokushi recommendations video).

EDIT: Urichinan, I don't think we should follow the same format as everyone else, because I feel like even watching average players (for learning purposes) is a waste of time, and you would probably make any of the mistakes they are making just by playing. Is it really worth it to see a video of some guy get bodied and be like "yeah, you shouldn't do this"? Being a competitive forum, wouldn't it make sense to only put up matches of the best players to study from? As far as our (Dustloop) players posting videos, I'd say that could be done in a critiquing thread.

And on the subject of taking staff placement into account, some of that stuff goes into ad-lib combo territory, and again, it's pretty hard to explain that in a concise manner... if you have a way then share lol.

Agreed on other points.

Edited by Lord Knight

The way DL's new format is laid out has a section for Challenge Mode tutorials, CMV's and stream archives. This is how all of the video threads look now, following DL's new standard.

It covers everything we need as far as sections, the only thing that has to be decided are which videos to put in. :)

I was thinking matches with strong players, maybe matches from US majors if there's a Litchi in finals, then a section for CMV and reference videos (like Cha0t0's Kokushi recommendations video).

uhh...You mean you? :P There's only like 4 Litchi mains on this continent that would bother showing up to anything. I'd be one of them but the gap falls pretty hard from you and say...someone like VT (heard he's a netplay warrior only), Mynus or Donovan and then to someone like me. If you're saying the others have a chance of getting top 8 at a major once we play CP Litchi then LOL SIGN ME UP FOR EVO. TBH you're the only "competitive" one.

EDIT: Urichinan, I don't think we should follow the same format as everyone else, because I feel like even watching average players (for learning purposes) is a waste of time, and you would probably make any of the mistakes they are making just by playing. Is it really worth it to see a video of some guy get bodied and be like "yeah, you shouldn't do this"? Being a competitive forum, wouldn't it make sense to only put up matches of the best players to study from?

And on the subject of taking staff placement into account, some of that stuff goes into ad-lib combo territory, and again, it's pretty hard to explain that in a concise manner... if you have a way then share lol.

Agreed on other points.

I agree with what you said, but let's be honest - it's just gonna be the Japanese and Lordknight video Thread.

As for ad-lib stuff. I'm pretty sure CP Litchi will not be as "You just have to be good" as EX litchi, but it will help.

Hey hey, don't count out SG, ATGWarlord (when he decides to be in America) or Romey! They all put in work! And you never know who's going to put in some effort, show up and try to do well.

At the moment CP Litchi adlib parts are way simpler and more consistent (mostly just 5B > 4B > ItsuuA or staff launch > Puffball) so it won't be as bad (that might be it really).

Unfortunately the game is only out in Japan so it would've been a Japanese player match video thread anyways :st1ckbug:

What I mean for the ad-lib parts are to run through some very common instances that a Litchi player can confirm into a combo.

In some cases the staff will be far enough in front of you that Haku > Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuA will work, but other times it wouldn't and you'd have to go straight into a regular gatling string into a knockdown. Rather than do that, she has the option of doing a sliding j.B and continue with a staff recall combo. Something that you wouldn't opt for in any other circumstance except for that particular instance.

Those are the things that I find to be truly useful for Litchi players to know after they've learned all the BnB's and screen positions.

Like I said, it would be a lot of work, but I can go through all of those instances myself.

Now that DL has a BB code for collapsing tables, it will be very easy to organize and the thread won't be so hard to look for stuff.

If you would, I'd greatly like to run the combo thread, with you adding in anything that you'd like.

There's only like 4 Litchi mains on this continent that would bother showing up to anything. I'd be one of them but the gap falls pretty hard from you and say...someone like VT (heard he's a netplay warrior only), Mynus or Donovan and then to someone like me

hi, i regularly play with 2 evo winners

edit: I'll pitch in tomorrow about this stuff

Edited by sG

Hey hey, don't count out SG, ATGWarlord (when he decides to be in America) or Romey! They all put in work! And you never know who's going to put in some effort, show up and try to do well.

At the moment CP Litchi adlib parts are way simpler and more consistent (mostly just 5B > 4B > ItsuuA or staff launch > Puffball) so it won't be as bad (that might be it really).

Unfortunately the game is only out in Japan so it would've been a Japanese player match video thread anyways :st1ckbug:

So i'm guessing everyone is on the same page with the layout of the combo thread.

but just to check if im on the same page. The video"critique" thread will be the place where "all" litchii play is taking in to consideration right?

As LK stated, you can learn from anyone these days (whether its learning from mistakes or learning from GG's)

Then we'll have a thread like the other character forums where its just JPN/USA/Tourney/League play right?

The video critique thread should be fine as is. It's gone pretty well, although it's more posting than responding.

Doesn't seem to be working so well but hopefully people post and "respond" more on it when CP comes out.

Question: - Is the main video thread going to be "JPN/USA" players only?

We do a few tourneys in EU (Offline) and wonder if those apply. I.E we have a Tourney in UK (London) (Currently on Hold till CP releases) Called Astral Heat (AH) (https://www.facebook.com/AstralHeat)

Is this applicable?

Doesn't seem to be working so well but hopefully people post and "respond" more on it when CP comes out.

Question: - Is the main video thread going to be "JPN/USA" players only?

We do a few tourneys in EU (Offline) and wonder if those apply. I.E we have a Tourney in UK (London) (Currently on Hold till CP releases) Called Astral Heat (AH) (https://www.facebook.com/AstralHeat)

Is this applicable?

That's because I'm the only one that posts in it and LK is the only one qualified to answer anything - and I'm still worst Litchi Tier - ofc the thread doesn't work! :P

Tbh, you can't just say LK is the only one qualified, other litchii players may know the answer to certain questions. Or maybe its just a case of more litchii videos need to be watched. Pick up more Strategy than Combo's. Idk, no idea what your weak points are.

I'm still worst Litchi Tier - ofc the thread doesn't work! :P

I wouldn't say the thread isn't working lol. Other learn from others mistakes aswell. Maybe you need more time to adjust, keep at it.

The thing is - he's the mod of the board and posts actively enough to answer questions. Not many others really contribute because of that, and it shows in this subforum.

(Especially compared to GG forums, where Baiken subforums are rare visits by Hellmonkey but o/w mostly an effort between Kaeru, Fujiwara, and Myself, and from what I've seen of Kaeru and Fuji, we are not in the same league as HM or Nerina.)

He's also the only one I know of that's won anything around here - and let's be honest - I'm not the only one around that thinks been having tournament wins is the only thing that qualifies you to be saying things at all about the character. Everyone else is encouraged to stay quiet.

The moment people think the advice of people who aren't winning anything (Even in the US/Canada) is worth listening to as an authority is the moment *I* get to make a beginner series and not get it laughed right off of youtube.

This is a big problem for this subforum. I don't have any answers, but I do see a problem.

Am I wrong? Dude? Am I wrong!

Edited by Star-Demon

He's also the only one I know of that's won anything around here - and let's be honest - I'm not the only one around that thinks been having tournament wins is the only thing that qualifies you to be saying things at all about the character. Everyone else is encouraged to stay quiet.

The moment people think the advice of people who aren't winning anything (Even in the US/Canada) is worth listening to as an authority is the moment *I* get to make a beginner series and not get it laughed right off of youtube.

This is a big problem for this subforum. I don't have any answers, but I do see a problem.

Am I wrong? Dude? Am I wrong!

The part about "authority" and "winning anything" is wrong. Just cause you ain't no champion or great player doesn't mean you can't give advice. LK is respected because he knows alot about litchii and contributes like hell for this forum in addition to that he is greatly respected or winning tourneys .

But do you really think every litchii who comes on this thread should run to champions and great players? if thats the case , why don't i go main another character and and run off tosee all the people who have "trophies" under their names.

We're all here to help , whether you are a loser or a winner / inactive or active. You may know something that someone wants to know. People learn from others mistakes or experiments.

If you wish to exaggerate and make a "beginners series" be my guess. Don't expect me to laugh when to be honest , at least you're contributing something.

Remember its not only those who always win who are remembered but also those who were struggling and never stopped trying to improve and reach their goals.

I would gladly ask for help from other litchii players like sG EeveE Urichihan ATGWarlord. or any other player No1 ain't perfect.