Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eien_tsubasa XD

Ky vs. Order Sol

It's in Ky's favor. Ky has an easier time zoning Order-Sol than Sol. +More range.. +Order-Sol needs to charge to land huge combos... +harder time dealing with pressure... -FB fafnir beats Stun Dipper... There's more stuff but I hate Ky(not Ky players) but eh...

I know quite a bit about it thanks to playing the HOS mod so much. Random things to know: 6P will rarely work, granted they know what they're doing. If you tech in range, a 5H is probably waiting. Speaking of techs, HOS will airthrow you plenty more than you'll airthrow him. His design and low jump affords him this. Greed Sever will go over his FB, but this is not something you can do on reaction. Fafnir is low invincible, BUT I have beaten its startup with 5K. Go figure. 5K is awesome. Do NOT fuck with his rushdown if he has you in the corner, block and be patient. most often, fuzzy guard setups and throws are the worst things you have to worry about there. This may sound odd in Guilty Gear, but generally at close you want to block high more than low. HOS doesn't get as much off of his lows excepting FB, which is not something often done closer than mid range. 2HS RC, ID combos and fuzzy setups can really hurt. You can't really Stun Dipper under anything, so don't try. Keep him out with: 2S (great here), f.S, 6H (sparingly, but still useful), 5H, 2D. Your entire game versus him should involve you keeping HOS midscreen and out, knock him down. Watch for his dead angle when he's on defense as he gets a combo off of this into an advantagous position for him. His 5H has many strong properties and an amazing hitbox, be careful floating in the space above him and don't be surprised if this beats something ridiculous. If you have more life than him, there is no reason to approach him okay! You guys are Ky players, play defensively. This should be a given in any case, but it's especially important against this character. Be especially careful if you're half screen away because: If he has level 2 charge and half meter, you're midscreen away and not blocking, he can super you for free. If he has a quarter meter and you do anything midscreen/not block low, you'll get hit with a FB, which means you're now on fire and in the air. Not exactly where you want to be. If you're full screen away for whatever reason, do not allow him a spare moment to charge. HS stun edge can do well here, and an FRC fireball from even this far will help lots to get in safer. Your force breaks are great here, as always, especially Mystic Cross seeing as it not only keeps him away, but allows you to approach him. He may hit you, but that likely means he'll eat two hits from the cross as well and not be able to gain the advantage. Overall, it's not a bad fight, it's actually in your favor imo. Like I said earlier, keep him away and hopefully he'll get frustrated and take a risk you can punish for decent damage.

Hos can keep ky pressured for a bit and there isn't much you can do watch for his okizeme (6K, 2H, GB cross-up) i wouldn't do vapor thrust alot on wake-up since his 2D evades it for free and you have to worry about CH GB your better off FDing some of his pressure to create space so you can get the advantage again also when your doing okizeme watch out for reversal GBs cuz if he has lv 2 or lv 3 he can get past your charged stun edge and behind you his 6P nullifies stunedges as stated above fuzzy-guard is pretty serious business so watch out for it

6-4 in HOS favor? Since when does HOS have such an advantage over anyone that can zone him? Sure Order-Sol was buffed from his slash version and Ky got nerfed a bit but I doubt it was enough to turn the tides THAT much...

i think this match-up is pretty even id say it could go either way since ky is good at zoning but if hos gets in ky can't really get him out

I don't see how it's any easier for HOS to get out of Ky's shit than it is the other way around, that's not how it is. Ky's options are more varied and generally better really, but HOS' options do more damage yet are more situational. Still say Ky's favor.

Sorry to say but it don't matter who's better it all depends on the player. It's not good to make a threads on how to beat a character alot easier about which move beats what move just have fun with the game not just this thread specifically. It's better to be unique ^_^

Well the thing about HOS is that at a close range he could put Ky into immense pressure and makes it easy for finding openings,while Ky is perfect because of his long range,although HOS can easily manuever out of his long ranged attacks. Ky can put up a good pressure game,but again like Ansem had noted,it depends on the player,an expiereinced one can get through any lower leveled one.

I don't see how it's any easier for HOS to get out of Ky's shit than it is the other way around, that's not how it is. Ky's options are more varied and generally better really, but HOS' options do more damage yet are more situational. Still say Ky's favor.

i meant when hos is in

ky can keep him down pretty easy

EDIT: your right about the player thing sorry

yeah i don't think its very bad

i'd say at its worst its probably a 5.5 - 4.5 ky's favor

6-4 sounds really rough :v:

Player skill has no place in discussing character matchups. We're trying to help people here that need to know what to do in x situation against x character. Why do you think we have matchup subforums? Should they all just say "be better than the other guy and you'll be ok".

Anyway, HOS/Ky is debatable, I admit. It's not a blowout either way. Back to something more useful:

Crosses. If HOS is out and not doing anything, put out a cross. If he's in the corner, cross. Extra meter? Some crosses. Sit behind it and do whatever. The more time HOS spends not on the offense, the more likely you're going to win the match, and this move gives you a lot of said time. Like I said before, you don't have to approach him, and you don't want to from the air, and not when he has charge and meter. He can't do anything over there except block stun edges and be miserable while you sip tea behind your display of Christian love.

edit: Tsak, well...maybe. I think easier to block may be a subjective thing here, point taken though. Oh yeah and there's this: http://dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4486

edit2: okay. yeah, 5.5/4.5 is what I was thinking. I would upload some matches, but the last match we recorded was when I dizzied TB and went into IK and fucked it up with a VT :v: ...I think he was going to shake out anyway, but I didn't get out of IK and my life drained for the epic loss.

I wouldn't say it's in Ky's favor at all, honestly. Ky's ability to zone HOS is extremely limited, as he has to dedicate himself to his anti-airs or they lose hard. Ky's ground pokes, while outranging HOS, all lose to HOS' 2S/2D/Fafnir at some point, which are his main combo starters/spacing tools. HOS' damage and mix-up > Ky's mediocre zoning and strong-but-strangely-useless anti-airs (in this particular fight). Some tips: 1.) HOS meaty 6P > any reversal that isn't Ride the Lightning. 2.) Ky j.K beats HOS j.P and j.HS. If HOS is jump happy, j.K will make him shut up. 3.) IB'd Greed Sever, Stun Dipper, or 5D = free Fafnir. 4.) While Greed Sever is great at stopping HOS' ground assault, the risks (aforementioned Fafnir, 5HS that CHs if he commits himself to it, GB) make it incredibly dangerous. Still, if HOS is being predictable, punish him for it.

You're right on all that. I've definitely noticed that about the anti airs, HOS' jumping normals' hitboxes (j.H) hits 6Ps deep, at best clashing and allowing him in, and Ky's 2H is usually just too slow. I should experiment with j.K more I guess, it's not something that comes naturally for me. It's not often my ground game loses to 2S/2D, so I can't identify there. I don't really know which normals those would give trouble to. Fafnir certainly has a presence like I said above, but otherwise there doesn't seem to be much he can effectively do to fight/stop Ky's mid screen game unless he has meter and guesses right.

If he has level 2 charge and half meter, you're midscreen away and blocking, he can super you for free..

Er, I meant NOT blocking there. You guys probably figured that out.

Uh...what else. Oh, I generally don't like f.S, but it's pretty good in this fight. Yeah, he might Storm Viper it, but who cares.

Ky/Slayer is a totally different match up than Ky/HOS. Just because Ky is a natural AntiSlayer character doesn't mean characters below Slayer would be a cake walk. As for HOS's j.H... j.K, 6P, Close S, HSVT seem to all beat it out at pretty much every possible usage. Just look for the right AA option depending on his spacing. My experience with this match is more limited than others. The HOS up here doesn't play much anymore.

If Slayer vs. HoS is about even, then there is no way Ky vs HoS is even.

Ky probably has the advantage over HoS about 5.5:4.5

omg, logic makes so much sence

I've had 6P beat HOS' j.H like, twice...ever. If he's smart with it, you can't use that move to anti air. Close S...I've never even thought about using that, sounds like a bad idea. No grounded move will really work, except for early 6P and 2H, and early will likely not be so feasible because of how low/fast his jumps are.

Don't fuck with j.HS. If you're going to do anything against it, air throw him. If he times it right, it will trade, clash or beat out prettty much any option Ky has to AA it. The only thing that would beat it clean would be an early 2HS (not likely to happen as purify said) and RTL (lol).