Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Renvalt

Help with FRC and Fautlessing

Yo, wassup? I just got GG a couple days ago, and while I'm quite satisfied with it (having a blast with Chipp as my main), there are some things I don't quite understand.

I'm guessing that Chipp's 41236K>D is a Roman Cancel, but I'm not quite familiar with (or even really know) False Roman or even Faultlessing. These terms aren't really something I understand (I've heard the announcer say "False Roman" in Training Mode, but I'm not exactly sure what I did to get him to say that).

As for Faultless, I'm not even sure what that is (Osuna mentioned it to me, but he didn't bother to explain it to me), and as such have no idea how to pull it off. He said something akin to 66 4P+K 4H/6H if I recall. I figure it has something to do with dashing since he mentioned a dash command, but beyond that I'm clueless.

And not really part of my main set of questions, but how is one supposed to deal with Boss I-No's Machine Hearts of Death? I only managed to figure out one pattern that I thought unavoidable, but I'm still not really clear on how it works or how to beat it. And is the secret Order Sol fight accessed in much the same way as the Unlimited Mu-12 fight in BlazBlue (AKA a no-loss-no-continue run on any difficulty while doing at least a certain amount of Overdrive KOs/Insta-Kills)?

Chipp's 41236K~D is a Force Break. Do 41236K and then quickly hit Dust, it changes from his command grab to a horizontal slashing attack. You need 25% tension to do it.

Roman Cancel is when you press three attack buttons (except Dust) after a move connects. It costs 50% tension and immediately returns you to neutral. There's a red circular effect and the announcer will say "Romantic."

Force Roman Cancel works the same as a regular RC, but it's done during very specific windows of certain attacks. Enabling Input View in Training will let you see these windows as a white flash in the input bar, which fades to blue. These cost only 25% Tension.

Faultless Defense is a special sort of blocking that negates chip damage and pushes you farther away, but puts you in extra blockstun. You can do it by holding back and pressing any two attack buttons (except Dust, and not S+H). The thing with 66 > 4PK is FD Brake, it instantly stops your dash momentum. If you just stop dashing normally, you have to go through a stopping animation - this lets you skip that. So basically dash forward, then tap back and two buttons to FD. You can use this to run up and throw someone quickly, or block an attack while dashing.

As for boss I-No's attack (Megalomania, btw), all you need to do is avoid the boxes until she stops. If you try to hit her or pass over her, she'll attack automatically. So just stay the hell out of the way. There are three patterns iirc - two you can just duck under (though one will require you to move as it shifts outward) and one you have to stand near her and double-jump over.

Boss Order-Sol... I don't even know. No continues, a certain amount of Overdrives, other stuff? Here's a thread.

If you need a handy reference for any of this stuff in the future, don't forget the wiki.

Chipp's 41236K~D is a Force Break. Do 41236K and then quickly hit Dust, it changes from his command grab to a horizontal slashing attack. You need 25% tension to do it.

Roman Cancel is when you press three attack buttons (except Dust) after a move connects. It costs 50% tension and immediately returns you to neutral. There's a red circular effect and the announcer will say "Romantic."

Force Roman Cancel works the same as a regular RC, but it's done during very specific windows of certain attacks. Enabling Input View in Training will let you see these windows as a white flash in the input bar, which fades to blue. These cost only 25% Tension.

Faultless Defense is a special sort of blocking that negates chip damage and pushes you farther away, but puts you in extra blockstun. You can do it by holding back and pressing any two attack buttons (except Dust, and not S+H). The thing with 66 > 4PK is FD Brake, it instantly stops your dash momentum. If you just stop dashing normally, you have to go through a stopping animation - this lets you skip that. So basically dash forward, then tap back and two buttons to FD. You can use this to run up and throw someone quickly, or block an attack while dashing.

As for boss I-No's attack (Megalomania, btw), all you need to do is avoid the boxes until she stops. If you try to hit her or pass over her, she'll attack automatically. So just stay the hell out of the way. There are three patterns iirc - two you can just duck under (though one will require you to move as it shifts outward) and one you have to stand near her and double-jump over.

Boss Order-Sol... I don't even know. No continues, a certain amount of Overdrives, other stuff? Here's a thread.

If you need a handy reference for any of this stuff in the future, don't forget the wiki.

I see. Thanks for the links, btw.

@Zdrav - I lol'd hard. Very informative and humorous. Thanks!