Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silmerion

Where's the Beef? A GGXXAC Health Tier List

snip
Cool, I'll run the numbers on these tonight - hopefully this whole effort won't have been disproven by then! :I:

Also, I edited the first post with a warning to take this with a grain of salt pending further review. Wouldn't want to mislead people, and all that.

EDIT: Osuna, you were right. In the hypothetical scenario in which Dizzy and Baiken start at 240 actual health and get smacked with a combo that would do precisely 200 damage before modifiers, Dizzy's effective health ends up being higher even before guts is applied to her remaining health.

I'll still run the numbers on the +R stuff if anyone's curious, but be aware that any ranking I can give you will in some cases reflect reality poorly or not at all.

Ok, so, that wasn't it. The one I'm thinking of has more spanking in it. :v: It's also exclusively a Chipp combo video if I remember right. There's also a combo in it that does like 20% damage to Millia and almost fills her tension from empty, and I think there was a combo looping Alpha Blade frcs so that it looks like the Zensai Rouga super in reverse (going down instead of up).

But this is a damn good find since the Slayer on Zappa combo at 1:13 actually punishes a gold burst by giving him back his burst! :yaaay:

Wow, another guts 5 character. Also, I didn't know that they were nerfing I-No's guts too. It's crazy to think how good her FBs, that extra airdash, and jump canceling Stroke(H) are, if they put prorates on ****ing everything, nerfed her airthrow range, and even dropped her guts. Then again, being able to chancel her FBdive at any time seems like total BS, and that's before even considering that it gives her back jump options.

So, back on topic, I-No's guts rating in the table does not accurately reflect the changes mentioned on the rightmost column. All of the other characters' stats are correct.

the chipp cv is called "spanking" and is by dora. you might have to translate spanking into katakana and look on nico.

huh, i expected kliff to have a much worse defense modifier than that... at least he's easy to stun

Kliff got a pretty huge health buff, since his defense modifier used to be 1.31 back in the older games.

Justice also increased in health (but only slightly) as she had a 1.06 modifier before.

the chipp cv is called "spanking" and is by dora. you might have to translate spanking into katakana and look on nico.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4354969

Thanks a lot for the tip! Finally found it ( and found some weird stuff too ... I'm scarred for life ; _ ; even though I've seen most of Yarainaka/Cho Aniki's stuff )

May Gold Burst part is around 2:22

I've updated the OP with the health tier list for AC+R. Some interesting changes from AC - in general, there's some more stratification, and many characters shifted around. The list looks even less like the defense modifier tier list than it did before.

(as far as I know) the guts modifier is applied at the start of a combo and does not change mid-combo.

This is false. Guts level don't change during a single hit, but they do mid-combos! (In P4A they don't change mid-combo.)