Sign in to follow this  
Airk

EVO Games this year

http://shoryuken.com/2013/01/13/evo-2013-donation-drive-standings-and-rule-update/

Ponies is out for a tournament but it will be getting stage and stream time in an exhibition.

This means second place will be getting the 8th spot instead.

Skullgirls and Guilty Gear are the closest to closing the gap on Smash.

LETS GO ANIME!

The small size of those numbers in general is super depressing.

Poverty scene indeed.

i cant believe fucking divekick is even an option

and that it has more donations than bb

i cant believe fucking divekick is even an option

and that it has more donations than bb

I still find that better than an unfinished game about My Little Pony having over 15x as much as BB has.

maybe we should advertise more

$5 from each person in a subforum

I was kinda hoping it'd get mentioned on the frontpage, myself, but...

MLP is, frankly, an outlier, since it's getting money from a lot of people who don't play fighting games.

Which makes it even worse.

Non-FG players should not be in charge of putting children's cartoons in EVO on such a grand scale. Melee's inclusion is stupid imo, too, but I'll at least acknowledge it's a very competitive game for those who take it seriously.

I was going to donate to BB, but MLP has so much on everybody else that I don't see how it's not going to win.

Unless like 800 people on DL all donated like $5.

I was going to donate to BB, but MLP has so much on everybody else that I don't see how it's not going to win.

I think this is why they weren't publishing figures. But MLP kinda "doesn't count" now, because if it wins, they take the #2 game. So really we/everyone is competing with Smash.

Well MLP already "won," basically it's out of the way for 8th game, but if it still ends up with the most money (which it will), the grand exhibition it's already confirmed to get will have a $1k bonus added to its mock tourney. So really the main competition right now is Melee.

Wait I don't get it. I thought all of these donations were for the 8th game. What do you mean #2 game.

Without even taking a second to understand all this -- i threw $20 @ bb

Wait I don't get it. I thought all of these donations were for the 8th game. What do you mean #2 game.

I bet this will be answered by the time my phone posts this but in case it's not;

basically, MLP is unfinished aand nothing says it will be by EVO, so instead of being eligible for the 8th game, it's getting a big exhibition.

Whatever comes 2nd to MLP gets to be 8th game.

MLP doesn't count even if it wins, since now it would have an spot on the indie games showcase

So the 8th spot would be for the game that wins, and if the game that wins is MLP, then it would be the 2nd place

Current Leader:

SSBM ($1724.32)

Nearest Rivals:

DOA 5 ($1202.69)

Skullgirls ($966.22)

Guilty Gear ($837.90)

My Little Pony Fund:

$3559.50

EDIT: I'll provide updates every 24 hours or so, because I have no life.

This are the most recent numbers

Common people, we can't allow that the god awful smash beat us, this is the chance for GG/BB to shine again

Come to think of it -- why is bb so unpopular -- or rather why so many ppl play but unwilling to drop even a few bucks rofl?

That is something that i also have wondered about, is like the BB community is not willing to support it despite how much they say that they love the game :/

Maybe they are skeptical that the game would do it, or maybe they don't think that BBCP will come in time?

Any way, in my case is because i want GG to success, so i am putting my money on GG :kitty:

That is something that i also have wondered about, is like the BB community is not willing to support it despite how much they say that they love the game :/

Maybe they are skeptical that the game would do it, or maybe they don't think that BBCP will come in time?

Any way, in my case is because i want GG to success, so i am putting my money on GG :kitty:

I put $100 of my money where my mouth is. (Which would be approximately at "I enjoy BB" x "I wish it had more exposure"). It's the only game I'm giving money to.

I KNOW it's not going to win, but you know, fuck that, I am going to support my damn game.

If Guilty Gear can surpass DoA5 and Skullgirls by the end of the week I'm willing to throw another $300 at it.

This is seriously depressing.. Next thing you know they will just remove inputs and we just mash A for combos.

Just because it's based on a cartoon doesn't make the game any less complex than other fighters.

There is a leaked beta of the game floating around that's pretty solid, give it a try before you bash it.

Edited by Fox Pocket

If Guilty Gear can surpass DoA5 and Skullgirls by the end of the week I'm willing to throw another $300 at it.

Why the wait when you can throw the money now, just saying :P