Kiba

[CP] Valkenhayn Video Thread (Updated 3/21/14)

Yeah it's good stuff. He could brjA more often though, would really help.

Our first match of the new year, and Ryu's up.

1/1/14 Playspot Big One - Showdown

Denpo (RG) vs Ryu (VK) | Part 2 | Part 3

Ryu making use of the w5C loop in combos. He's really consistent in it and it's one of the things I really like about him. It also looks like he's using a safe jump setup with the beast cannon > 7D > j.D > j.C > jump > j.A(whiff) > j.B. Denpo dp'd twice against that and the j.B would whiff, allowing Ryu to block in time. Despite all this, I was quite worried when Ryu was on the defense.

Edited by Kiba

Ryu with that swag haha.

12/31 a-cho

Valkenhayn vs Bang

Valkenhayn vs Rachel

Ragna vs Suya (VK)

N-O (JI) vs Suya (VK) - Close

Suya (VK) vs Taokaka - 1:30:21 - Not sure why he went for 6B > OD on Tao's wakeup. Perhaps he thought the player would press buttons, still very questionable though. | Part 2

Suya (VK) vs Hazama - 1:33:50 - That's very unfortunate.

Suya (VK) vs Ragna | Part 2

Galileo (LI) vs Suya (VK) - 1:50:41 I disagree with the OD use here. Litchi was staffless so he should've gone for wolf mixup and save the burst for later. | Part 2 | Part 3

Edit: Updated the dan rankings. I know I haven't been doing it. Laziness.

Edited by Kiba

Ohh nice ! More option selects !

For people who are curious about its content:

Against Kokonoe at (9s-23s): brjA>w5C (beats backdash, 22C and reversal)

Against Kagura at (24s-35s): w5C>6D>wjA>wjC>4D (beats reversal during w5C and wjA. Inputs wjC>4D very fast. There is a gap however between wjA and wjC so you can be DP'ed if the opponent know this.)

Against Kagura at (36s-51s): Joker ender.

Against Kagura at (52s-54s): w5C>6D>jD>1B (Beats reversal after the w5C and use a minimal amount of meter.)

Against Hazama at (55s-1m): Raw rising jC>RC>falling jC. (beats reversals that make you go forward and don't have any hitbox behind.)

Against Jin at (1m15-1m27): Usual Jin OS with w5A>w5B>44.

Pretty cool stuff. I would suggest Kiba to add that on the strategy guide.

I'll test each option selects when I'll have more time on every reversals in order to make a complete list.

Thanks for sharing Tonberry, and you Magaki for the short explanation on the OSs used. I'll probably add more information later but for now I got it in the strategy guide. Speaking of which, I also added a little more information regarding wolf meter usage in the combo theory section of the strategy guide.

Against Kagura at (24s-35s): w5C>6D>wjA>wjC>4D (beats reversal during w5C and wjA. Inputs wjC>4D very fast. There is a gap however between wjA and wjC so you can be DP'ed if the opponent know this.)

Actually, Kagura CANNOT DP between wjA and wjC. The input for his dp is [2]8c and there is not enough time between wjA and wjC for him to charge his dp.

I was actually refering to the option select itself. Not Kagura's DP specifically.

But yeah, the fact that he can't DP directly after an overhead is something we should keep in mind while filling his matchup section.

I've been doing this for a while but I haven't seem to have posted it here. Guess I was reluctant for some reason.

I have a playlist of CP Valk videos. It's useful if you wanna look out for specific good matches, or if players have done something useful. It will also have useful combo movies and stuff like that. Here.

I have been slacking a little and I haven't updated it with all I want but that'll change. I'll put in the first post, hope it comes in use.

1/17 Tachikawa

Hikawa Kiyoshi (NU) vs Masashi (VK)

Asuka (MU) vs Masashi (VK)

Mori (RE) vs Masashi (VK)