Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlankFu

Help with j.S, j.HS, j.D, Orbs

I love using j.S, j.HS, j.D, Orbs in the air with aba, I've practiced it a lot and can fluently use it in matchs. The problem I have is after I do one j.S, j.HS, j.D, Orbs string, my opponent techs before I can jump and do another j.S, j.HS, j.D, Orbs or do something else... In videos I watch like dio's I see him do this no problem, even after a j.S, j.HS, j.D, Orbs he can wait til their face level and then do ground attacks into more strings and such... And I know his opponents know how to tech... So I need some help here, I'm guessing but not sure, is it that I'm not doing my j.S, j.HS, j.D, Orbs close enough to the ground?

wow, really. Okay. I don't know what you're trying to launch with, but to practice why don't you go in against saaaay Testament and do this in the corner: 5S, 2H, IAD, jS, jH, pink shit, land, jS, jH, jD, pink shit, land, 66 jS, jH, jD, pink shit or if the IAD is rough then throw, jS, jH, jD, pink shit, jS, jH, pink shit If you wanna practice the timing for the run you can throw testy in the corner thusly: jS, jH, jD, pink shit, (66 jS jH jD pink shit)xup to 3, but I'll only do 2 in a match as the damage for the last four hits is about 4 You can set it up off of pretty much anything; just check the combos thread. On other characters the timing for the IAD is going to change significantly and it's totally possible to hit the IAD jS jH orbs then completely whiff the next jS. You'll just have to learn what characters need how much delay and yaddayadda.

I remember when I was using A.B.A I had the same problem. In the combo thread I asked someone about it, and they said the trick was to use 669 after the first part of the loop for momentum. It helped a lot btw, and I was starting to be pretty consistent with it until I quit playing her. :v:

It's all about the 669 between reps, spending as little time as possible in the 66 animation, nearly seamlessly connecting the orb hit/landing into a dash jump.

I remember when I was using A.B.A I had the same problem. In the combo thread I asked someone about it, and they said the trick was to use 669 after the first part of the loop for momentum. It helped a lot btw, and I was starting to be pretty consistent with it until I quit playing her. :v:

It's all about the 669 between reps, spending as little time as possible in the 66 animation, nearly seamlessly connecting the orb hit/landing into a dash jump.

Yep that was the problem, Thanks a ton!