Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Henaki

ACCENT CORE General Discussion

Potemkin's heat knuckle can be parried according to the Arcadia magazine. Which would support your theory G. Blood? Note though, HPB cannot be parried. And I'm unsure if I read it right, but apparently if you parry the Heat knuckle, you can FD the Extend followup. Or something.

That supports my theory that this game is insanely inconsistent and random. :psyduck:

hrmm didnt i already say that air potemkin buster counted as a unblockable attack? thats why you can FD it and stuff. So stuff like f+p, then if they air block it, its hard to be cheap and then jump up air potemkin buster... Hrmm maybe i forgot to write that shrug...

Heat: If you parry Heat, you can block the rest, but you have to FD Extend or you get hit. Also, doing any move during the windup for Extend results in you getting stuck in the first frame of the move until Pot finishes, where you either get hit or finish your move (if the move was invincible like a VV). If you do moves during the Heat part, you execute the whole thing, but I wasn't able to hit Pot with anything... Air PB: I was able to do the ground 2H HF/Break IAPB, but I wasn't able to get it to combo after a corner PB FRC, even on Pot. The pushback is too far, it seems - even if you do the IAPB jumping towards it misses or is techable before it hits. Corner damage: PB FRC 2H Giganter doesn't combo. Aww - you could have done air PB after that. Seems like the most dmg you can get is his old 75% tension combo: PB FRC 5H Giganter 6H HF FRC Heat/Extend. Although his 6H being a Lv6 move means it's much easier to get the HF to combo, yay. I didn't try PB FRC 6P Giganter, which (I think) in Slash left them higher up than 5H giganter... Mike Z

(O.o) 2H FRC point is now right on the first frames of hit! 5K 5S 2S 2H FRC airPB possible. Midstage PB FRC 2S 2H FRC superjump airPB is possible, but I suck too much to get the FRC yet. Same meter (75%) as PB FRC 2S 2H HPB, but places you in a much better position. Corner PB FRC 5H Giganter walk fwd 6P misses. I think either the old 75% tension combo is still most dmg, or PB FRC 2S 2H FRC fwdAirPB 5S something... Mike Z

After midstage APB, you can hit at least SO MA SL TE PO (probably everyone) with 5p. However, you can't combo anything after the 5p, at least not if it was in the middle of a combo (can you?). I couldn't get his next-fastest long range moves to hit (5s, 2h) but I'll try more. After midstage PB FRC, it's hard to hit KY and JO with 2s, but on JO (and MA and others) you can do 5s 2s Heat. PB FRC 2s 2h FRC APB works. Timing is very tight on lightweights (have to sj so you end up with a backwards APB), but on normal and heavy chars you can jump towards, then tigerknee the APB backwards to get closer to the corner. If the combo started anywhere within 3/4 screen of the corner you can combo after the APB. Woo double post a few days apart. :^) Mike Z

Oh yea is it possible to get something like air potemkin buster mid screen, then just plain ol' heat grab? Maybe on random characters like faust or something who fall wierd shrug.... Or if its been posted then neeeeeeeeeeeeeever miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind.

It's not the spacing or body shape, it's the execution time of the move. At least in Slash, 5P was 5f, close 5S was 9f, far S 13, and Heat 14. 5p and close 5s work, but if it's not possible to get a far 5S out before they hit the floor, then it's not possible with Heat also. However, I am not sure if it is in fact possible. ;^) Mike Z [edit far S is 13, not 14]

well ive seen a video of potemkin doing a dust combo then air potemkin buster and hitting a stand slash mid screen. So if its only one frame diff perhaps?.... Also if you have time to the machine for yourself you should try that sticking to the ground bug then trying to combo into the air potemkin buster? Like say jump s, counter hit, stand hs(to stick them back to the ground... or maybe punch, whatever would hit them in time as there sticking to it), then combo to I dunno stand p, stand s, tiger knee air potemkin buster... Maybe it would combo them since there still kinda counted as in the air, even though there being ground comboed.... or... something.. if that makes sence.

[edit] APB wouldn't combo if they're on-ground-but-in-air because it doesn't hit that low - they have to be pretty high up in the air for an instant APB to hit them at all. If they are low to the ground it will miss over them. All night, wasn't able to hit far 5s after APB midstage. Corner close 5s, no problem - midstage 5p again no problem. Anywhere PB FRC 2s 2h FRC sj APB is indeed possible, and very stylish. Hardest on May/Baiken. Corner PB FRC 2h FRC jump toward doublejump back APB close 5s 2h is possible. Heat won't combo after the last 5s, neither will 2s. All does less damage then his old 75% combo. Corner PB FRC immediate 5s tigerknee forward APB combos, but you end up back in the middle of the stage. Dizzy combos: Midstage CH 2h, whiff Megafist, 5h Giganter 6h no longer dizzies Sol/etc ever. It rarely even dizzies Chipp. I think Giganter does less dizzy damage. CH 2h, whiff Megafist, 5h Giganter 2s 2h HPB still dizzies and is easier due to 2s pulling in. *** [5k 2s 2h] or [6k 2h], Giganter, walk fwd, 6p Giganter 6h dizzies Chipp (and Millia/etc quite often) without a counterhit! And you get to choose high/low... I ought to record some of this, eh... Mike Z

[edit]

Corner PB FRC 2h FRC jump toward doublejump back APB close 5s 2h is possible. Heat won't combo after the last 5s, neither will 2s. All does less damage then his old 75% combo.

Corner PB FRC immediate 5s tigerknee forward APB combos, but you end up back in the middle of the stage.

Have you tried doing it 8632146 instead?

Thanks for the combos, he actually sounds pretty interesting in the next game.

He's awesome now, yeah. ;^) Especially with 2h Giganter now comboing. Also since you can jc 5k, you can either do 5k PB or 5k APB on reaction, hehe. Though I'm starting to think that while PB FRC combos increase his midstage damage, they lower his damage in the very-high-damage situations he had before. I would be sad if there was no point knowing most of his combos because PB FRC 2s Heat was good enough... I tried it as 896etc yeah. Most of the time I was too slow since TK backwards is faster (the buster comes out after the jump with just 6D, it cancels his takeoff anim like an FD-jump). Sometimes he was too far away - it doesn't actually have much forward range, it's mostly above him, kinda Heat-like...and when I did get straight-up-and-down it was too far out of the corner and the 5s was the far one. I'll try some more today. :^( I'm a Pot player - I'm not used to all this complicated junk...2 FRCs within a second of each other leaves me all tired. Mike Z

Pote being more difficult = good Pote being having more consistent damage = good Pote having somewhat lower max damage potential = good This is if you ask me though. One of my problems with him was the fact that you'd do something like land a mid screen PB with full tension and not be able to do anything with it. Sol lands a command throw on you at mid screen with full tension and you are gonna lose a lot of life.

Hrmm maybe it far slash only worked after air version beacuse of dust... maybe its one of those things like chipps command over head and moves like that, the higher in the air they are when there hit, the higher they bounce or something shrug.

5k 5s 2s Giganter HF/Break PB FRC etc. Or 5k 5s 2s Giganter Slide Head etc. Possible midstage now because of the pull-in. Corner vs. AX/DI/AN: PB FRC Heat (unburstable) and if you have 100% you can RC on the first hit to APB etc. Not possible midstage, as far as I can tell. MUCH harder than before (probably because I can only do it as FRC then quick 623H, not 623 FRC release H). Wasn't able to get PB FRC HPB because the motion took too long. Wasn't able to get PB FRC IAPB because they are too low. 2h Giganter only combos on certain people (misses on at least FA, MA, BA, Bridget). On ABA and Ky it hits on the way up, on everyone else it hits after they reach the peak, it seems. On ABA you can actually do 2h Giganter walk fwd 2h Giganter 2s 2h Heat. After Slide Head (or any move with "sliding" hitstun): The amount of time you have to tech is the same as if you had hit the person out of the air with the move you use. So Slide Head into OTG Giganter is untechable for the entire 'bounce', and you can combo 6h. The bounce is too low for Gigantic Bullet to juggle, though. Pot's only moves that allow you to combo into Giganter off an air hit are 5h, 2h, 6h, 6p, and 6k. Only 6k hits OTG. Slide Head into 6k Giganter does work, and you can do Bullet or whatever combo after. However, it only works from extremely close, and only on certain people (I think they covered who in that Christmas AC Pot vid). Mike Z

AC Pot frame data:

http://maturundesu.web.fc2.com/game/ggxx/ac/data.htm

Notable:

PB is 3 frames now (down from 6)! That's SF3:3s normal throw speed. INVINCIBLE 3f-5f. Invincible to throws the whole time (1f-16f). No wonder I've been landing it more.

APB can be RC'd on block (must be FD'd).

Far S is quicker than Slash, slower than XX (not sure about #R).

Mike Z

Quick note: the frame data changes from Slash are highlighted in red on that page. PB in Slash was 4 frames, not 6. The invincibility has always been there, the 3-5F, the throw invincibility has been there since Slash as well (1-16F). Far S is now 12, in Slash it was 13, in #R it was 11. Misc changes: Potemkin is in CH state all the way through dust (.....this makes it even worse, right? lol) Fun fun fun: DAA attack now stays out for 10 years (20 frames). Air throw range lessened from 130->104 ( Awwww ) 6P is slower (13F now from 11) and actually prorates now (BOOOOOOO slightly): 90% 6K has some form of throw invincibility (Woohoo!), but data isn't known (Doh!). Hammerfall break got slightly faster, from 18F to 15F. Megafist got slowed back down to #R standards, 25F startup, Forward Megafist is slightly worse on block (counts as lvl 2 attack instead of 3 as on hit) Judge gauntlet got sped up. Once Pot is in Angry stance, only hits during frames 1-5 will keep him there. 6-10 will trigger the attack, the attack comes out naturally in 10F, instead of 14F as before. Bounces them on hit, but untechable time is only 38F, so you probably have to RC to followup. Slide head startup is slightly faster (25->22), recovery sped up (28->25)

After PB FRC in corner, you can do 2s 2h heat on a lot of people (corner Eddie Faust Axl etc) whereas midstage only ABA. Ah, yeah, I'm not up on Slash frame data, I guess. JG does come out in a lot of places it wouldn't before (in between hits of chains that would have kept him Angry before). Also, the actual punch has hyper armor instead of super armor now - no more accidentally getting stopped by random hits as he punches. If it's a CH, you can followup with 5k->Heat on everyone who gets hit by 5k in air (May, for example). If it's a high-in-the-air CH, which it can do now (WAY above Pot - is the hitbox bigger?) you can actually followup with 6h sometimes...but on normal hit, you do have to RC to follow up. It was always annoying to me that they don't list how long you have to hit the opponent after a PB or APB, which would eliminate a lot of testing. Mike Z

Hey, I've seen some Potemkin vids in Slash (nothing about FAB yet =/) and I didn't see any setups to Pot Busters yet. Are they maybe... jeopardized? And Hammerfall Break is faster, that's good news to advance to Potemkin Buster, like 5HS>Hammerfall break>Potemkin Buster, or something like that! =D

Hey, I've seen some Potemkin vids in Slash (nothing about FAB yet =/) and I didn't see any setups to Pot Busters yet. Are they maybe... jeopardized?

And Hammerfall Break is faster, that's good news to advance to Potemkin Buster, like 5HS>Hammerfall break>Potemkin Buster, or something like that! =D

In general, Japanese Potemkin's seem to not attempt as many Pot Bust setups.

That, and they all seem to be obsessing over Slide Head OTG's currently. Most of 'em throw out a Slide Head every 5 seconds.

In other news: - In AC, if they are in hitstun and you do a super, they aren't allowed to burst from the moment you start the windup (before the super flash) until a few frames after the windup. This seems to not apply to all supers though (Eddie is an exception). What this means for Pot is that if you do 2H -> HPB, if they don't burst before you press the button for the super, they can't burst. - 5D, j.H tigerknee backwards APB advances you a full screen forward and does around 40%. If you were anywhere remotely close to the corner you can followup with 5S© into whatever. Mike Z

In general, Japanese Potemkin's seem to not attempt as many Pot Bust setups.

That, and they all seem to be obsessing over Slide Head OTG's currently. Most of 'em throw out a Slide Head every 5 seconds.

Yeah the problem with PB is that people REALLY don't want to get hit by it, and there are a lot of safe ways to escape the PB mixups as well. Pote tends to hit with other crap more often than PB ... but now in AC he actually can get good damage off his other random hits (including Slide Head).

Yeah the problem with PB is that people REALLY don't want to get hit by it, and there are a lot of safe ways to escape the PB mixups as well. Pote tends to hit with other crap more often than PB ... but now in AC he actually can get good damage off his other random hits (including Slide Head).

Random hits lack the insult factor that comes with Potemkin Buster. Each "WHAT?! FUCKING THROW!" is a sweet, sweet melody.

PB setups improved a bit though... It seems that you can do a tick setup then 6321476 and pick either P or D to get air or ground Buster, since both can interrupt his jumping startup animation. Mike Z