Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someoneman

E's Laf

I remember seeing this game a while back but never put myself into trying it out lol

Now that I have, I gotta say it's pretty fun! Cecil looks pretty interesting but in the end I'll probably stick with Qdora anyways. "Doragon Instaruu!!"

That said, anyone got any Qdora combos/other stuff to share? I've been pretty much doing the same combo over and over in different ways v_v

Is there a wiki set up for this game where people could maybe start compiling some stuff like a translation of the training menu and whatnot?

SUPER rough and temporary but this is about what I can have done for today, what do you guys think of the format? I think the gist of everything I want on the character pages are there, so if you guys are cool with it I can copy-pasta the format onto the other pages and everyone can start filling it in~ (Also it's been awhile since I've worked on a wiki -and my own personally hosted one is lost in the sea of the interwebs ; -; - so the hard code might be a little sloppy, but it should all be pretty easy to plug in)

Some notes:

I was going to jot down frame advantage, but noticed that there might be some inconsistencies... as some of Tae's values changed between Serena and Main, so might require some further testing before plugging in.

Also in regards to character...height? There were some interesting things during my testing, my list is as such:

Height Class

"big..ger?": Sisca

"big": Main, Reviel, Cielo

"small": Serena, Tae, Caligula, Cletia, Alcott, Reinhard, Cecil

"small...er?": Qdora

Using all of Tae's High hitting attacks (5A, 4A, 2C, 236236+A) I compiled this chart, I put all the tier names in quotations because I wasn't sure how you guys want to label them (but as they comprise the majority I say "small" should be the "base" or "normal" height). "Small" evaded all attacks while crouching, as expected of the hit level and opponent state. "Big" would whiff on 4A and 2C but would connect on 5A and 236236+A. "Big...ger?" is a special case as for some reason Sisca is the only one who 4A will connect on while crouching (along with 5A and 236236+A like "Big"). Now "Small...er?" is a special case, while Qdora evades everything properly like "Small", but if crouching for an extended time she actually lays down, not only did this make her evade all High attacks, but she even evaded some of Tae's Mids in this state.

So yeah, want to know how you guys want to label the boxes so I can plug that into Tae's notes and others will know whats up when filling in other characters.

Let me know how you guys feel about all this @.@

7. The green bar (what does it do??? ;_;)

I believe that's apart of this game's Burst mechanic (it is called the "Counter Burst" gauge after all :3)

The second option in the menu sets your character to the 1P side or 2P side

7. The green bar (what does it do??? ;_;)

Looks like the Burst / Guard Cancel meter (Press the 5th button during block or hitstun). Burst uses full bar, GC uses half but it doesn't seem you can do either unless it is green. I swear I've seen 3/4 get used but I don't know what happened- it was the AI that did it. :v:

That Tae 3 bar corner combo is butt. If you're using 3 meter you should get 4k.

5A > 4A > 6A > 5C > 6B > 6C > 214+C > 236236+A > j.B > j.C > j.2C > 236+D > (air grounded) 5B > 5C > 6C > 214+C > (ground) 66 > 5B > 2C > j.A > j.B > JC > j.A > j.B > j.6C (air throw)

4111 damage on Main, don't know if characters have different defense modifiers.

It's not optimal, I just wanted to have something filled in, I've been more testing properties than trying to optimize combos, sorry v.v

It's not optimal, I just wanted to have something filled in, I've been more testing properties than trying to optimize combos, sorry v.v

I'm a stickler for optimization :psyduck:

hmmm cecil is pretty interesting

6c>6d(4)>214a>c.b>f.b>5c>66c>5a>2c>6a>j.b>j.c>214aaa does about 4.1k and you can super people knocked down lol

hmmm cecil is pretty interesting

6c>6d(4)>214a>c.b>f.b>5c>66c>5a>2c>6a>j.b>j.c>214aaa does about 4.1k and you can super people knocked down lol

Yeah it seems like oki is difficult to set up in this game because everything OTG's, like Serena's ground fireball. Cisca's Stun Edge works since it's so slow.

I figured out what option #10 does. It sets the AI to burst after X hits, how amazing is that? You can use it to practice burst baiting or see what the best time to burst is, though it seems like the bursts in this game have about ten years of recovery anyway. Would've loved an option like this in BlazBlue.

loving this game, im gonna leave some Qdora stuff here (ill add it to the wiki later once i figure how to)

starting with her normal moves:

5A hits mid, auto chains up to 4 times at point blank

2A hits mid, auto chains up to 5 times at point blank

6A hits mid, main anti air, floats on hit

n.5B hits mid

5B hits mid

2B hits low, lot of recovery on block, make sure to chain it to something else

5C hits mid, uses 3% of DG

2C hits mid, floats on hit, uses 5% of DG

4C hits high, uses 4% of DG

6C hits high, bounces on hit, uses 15% of DG

5D hits mid, staggers on hit, uses 10% of DG

2D hits low, hard knowdowns on hit

4/6D hits mid, floats on hit, uses 8% of DG

j.A hits high

j.B hits high, double can be canceled during the first hit

j.C hits high

j.6C hits high, lifts the oponent of the ground on hit, uses 2% of DG

j.D hits high, floats grounded opponents, uses 9& of DG

j.D+direction, uses 31% DG, can replace your double jump per one of these for a max of 2 per jump, cant do one of these after a double jump, but you can do your double jump after one of these

special moves:

236A/B~A/B hits mid, the second hit hit is interchangeable (ie. you can 236AB) first hit uses 5% DG, second uses 6%

236C hits mid, lands directly above the opponent, uses 6 DG

214C reloads DG

214D reloads DG way faster, uses 1 stock

623A hits mid, slides on hit

623B hits mid, OTG's on hit

623C hits mid. hard knowkdows on hit

413A hits mid, uses 5% of DG, OTG's on hit

413B hits mid, uses 5% of DG, OTG's on hit

413C hits mid, uses 6% of DG, hard knockdown on hit

j.623A hits mid, OTG's on hit

j.623B hits mid, hard knockdown on hit

j.623C hits low, hard knockdown on hit, crazy mix-ups

Supers:

632146C hits mid, air usable, hard knockdowns on hit, uses 2 stock

214214B uses 2 stock, uses 50% DG, mad DG regen, allows multiple j.D+direction during a jump and makes the DG max 180%, duration indicated by the little bar below your hp

j.41236D hits high, uses 2 stock, can lift downed opponents, hard knockdowns on hit

j.214D hits mid, uses 1 stock, uses 6% of DG, hard knockdowns on hit

DG = dragon gauge (improvised name)

And now some combos from this old video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8SmHW9vMnM ) kinda adapted (not optimised) for v1.0, no damage cus DG makes all the damn damage vary

corner

n.5B>5B>2B>5C>6D>236BB>delay j.C>land>j.A>j.B>j.C>JC>j.B>j.C>j.6C>421C

2B>5C>6D>236BB>delay j.C>6A>JC>j.B>j.C>JC>j.A>j.B>j.C>j.D>j.6C>421C

6C>4C>4D>236AA>2A>n.5B>2C>5B>6A>JC>j.B>j.C>JC>j.A>j.B>j.C>j.D>j.6C>421C

midscreen

2B>5C>2C>5B>5A>2C>5A>6A>JC>j.B>j.C>JC>j.A>j.B>j.c>j.D>j.6C>421C

CH 6A>5B>2C>5B>5C>JC>j.B>j.C>j.6C>421>C>41236C>41236C

Nothing from the dragon install things cuz either they changed them or my execution is herping.

And as a last note some other combos (that most likely need optimization) that I got by myself

midscreen

5B>5C>2C>5A>5C>JC>j.B>j.C>j.6C>426C

corner carry + knockdown

n.5B>5C>2C5A>5C>2C>423A uses 1 stock

makes some space to breath

j.426C>2A>5C>2C>JC>j.B>j.C>j.6C>421C

crossup-mixup into corner carry+ knockdown

6C>2C>(walk very little to the front)5A>5C>JC>j.b>j.C>j.6C>421C

use this to switch sides

corner

4C>6D>236BB>delay j.C>2C>5A>5C>JC>j.B>j.C>JC>j.B>j.C>j.6C>421C

just some variations to the combos from the video

4C>6D>236BB>throw

tsukamaeta~ > damage

all j.6C>421C enders can be exchanged for either 41236D or j.6C>64123C for extra damage

ps: the bar below your hp seem to be some kind of guard gauge, if it reaches max you get guard breaked

This frame advantage on block display thing is actually really impressive. I'm messing around with Reinhard blockstrings, and 5D on its own has a frame advantage of at least -270 (distance dependent), because of the huge recovery on Cletia's animation. However, if I use 5D mid blockstring, the frame advantage listed will apply to Reinhard instead. 5AA > 5C > 236A > Delay 5D gives me a frame advantage of about +10 on average, more than enough to run up and continue my string. Very cool.

Qdora is feeling really underpowered to me. She's way too dependent on lightning gauge to deal damage (literally, with 20%, her combos deal something like 300 damage which is hilarious). All of her moves use gauge like crazy, she needs to use gauge to zone, to airdash, even to end her blockstrings, and the manual charge is way too slow. Her zoning isn't great, it all has a ton of startup and covers weird areas, though I admit the ability to convert on any random 236A/B is fantastic. She has decent mobility and an 8-way airdash, but it costs a ton of lightning and you can't attack out of it (no instant overhead shenanigans). It seems like she's only a good character in Dragon Install, but even that doesn't seem to improve her weak mixup.

I want to love this character so bad, someone give me tech. ;_;

This frame advantage on block display thing is actually really impressive. I'm messing around with Reinhard blockstrings, and 5D on its own has a frame advantage of at least -270 (distance dependent), because of the huge recovery on Cletia's animation. However, if I use 5D mid blockstring, the frame advantage listed will apply to Reinhard instead. 5AA > 5C > 236A > Delay 5D gives me a frame advantage of about +10 on average, more than enough to run up and continue my string. Very cool.

The frame advantage display also changes based on spacing, to be accurate for moves that are spacing-dependent. Sooooooo good.

Who needs tech when you have the best animation in the game (throw, 236C)?

I think I'll go and translate the system info from the website now, with a little help from the game itself.

Holy shit, there's an E's Laf thread. Cheese and I have been playing this game(loose sense of the word playing) for months, now.

Edit: If anybody needs to know anything about Alcott, you can shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can answer the question.

Edit2: I'll try and do a write up on him when I can, but it might be a bit. Whee, last two weeks of high school. Until then, just hit stuff. You do it better than the other characters.

Okay, here it is. As usual, any comments are welcome (especially since some info here is not translated, but simply deduced by me after a session in the lab). But first...

- After choosing the characters but before choosing the colors, you can press D to change your character's Type. Type A and Type B have some differences in movelists, akin to EX-versions in Guilty Gear or Moons in Melty Blood. As of v1.00, only Serena and Sisca have Type B.

Collapsed: Stuff everyone should know by now:
- There are four universal gauges in the game: the health gauge (at the top of the screen, self-explanatory), the super gauge (the lower of the two below, with 4 stocks max and 1 at the beginning of the match), the guard gauge (the higher of the two below, responsible for defensive techniques) and the stamina gauge (below the health gauge, responsible for guard crushes).

- The super gauge and the guard gauge recover by themselves gradually. In addition, the super gauge recovers faster when you land hits, while the guard gauge recovers faster when you get hit or block attacks.

- 6 makes you walk forward, 4 makes you walk backward, 2 makes you crouch, 7/8/9 make you jump. 66 makes you run forward, 44 makes you perform a backdash. Pressing 2 before jumping makes you perform a hi-jump. Most characters have double-jumps and air-dashes, and you cannot do both in a single jump (hi-jumps included). 4 and 1 make you block, even while in midair.

- Five buttons: A/B/C (Weak/Medium/Strong), D (Strongest/Special) and F (Fatal; doesn’t perform any attacks by itself).

- Three kinds of attacks: mid (can always be blocked), high (can only be blocked while standing), and low (can only be blocked while crouching). Ground normal attacks cannot be blocked while in midair (that includes command normals, such as 6A). Special attacks can be blocked in midair just fine.

- Throws are performed by pressing 6C or 4C up close (can also be done in midair). The opponent may tech from them by quickly inputting the same command.

- There are two kinds of super-moves in the game: the ones costing 1 stock of the super gauge and the ones costing 2 stocks. No other outright differences between the two (except for them being different moves and all, of course).

- Ukemi is performed by pressing A/B/C right before falling to the ground. There are neutral tech, backward tech and forward tech: for the latter two, press the corresponding directional button to perform them. You cannot perform ukemi after the moves that cause hard knockdown (there is a DOWN system message after performing those).

- The same things apply to aerial recovery (though you can also perform it by pressing D).

- There is no dizzy state, but there is a guard crush state. Watch the gauge below the health gauge (or the one that appears on your character when you block) to see how close you are to getting guard-crushed.

- Attacks gain additional properties with counter-hit, so watch out for that.

Collapsed: Some more technical stuff:
- Performing two “One-Pattern” moves in the same combo allows the opponent to recover from it right away, so don't do it.

- There are Persona-like auto-combos: just mash A, and you’ll do something nice. Some characters can do this even while whiffing, while for the others, the first hits of the combo have to hit for the rest to come out. These auto-combo hits have unique properties and animation, except for the special and/or super at the end.

- Pressing two attack buttons makes you perform a T-Cancel. It costs 1 stock of the super gauge and cancels any move at its start-up frames, even if it whiffs. If you want to use it in the combo, you have to start another move right after the one you want to cancel, and cancel that one.

- Another cancel that you can perform is the S-Cancel. It is the cancel of the special move into a super move, and costs 1 stock of the super gauge, as well. No special input here: just do the two moves you want to connect, and they will.

- Pressing F right before hitting the enemy with an attack performs a Fatal Counter. It costs 1 stock of the super gauge and gives you a guaranteed counter-hit, even if the opponent wasn’t pressing any buttons. If it’s blocked, it fills the enemy’s stamina gauge much quicker.

- Pressing 4F while blocking pushes the opponent a great distance back. This costs 3/4 of the Guard gauge.

- Pressing 6F while blocking makes you perform a counter-attack while invulnerable. This is called Counter-Boost and costs 1/2 of the Guard gauge.

- You can also perform Counter-Boost even while being hit, though this will cost you the whole Guard gauge.

I noticed that you actually gain super meter much more rapidly while moving forward (or at least dashing towards your opponent).

Ah, yeah, that's right, forgot to write that down.

I also noticed that Qdora doesn't have the simple combo, she just slashes with her claws over and over.

I also noticed that Qdora doesn't have the simple combo, she just slashes with her claws over and over.

She's not the only one both Serena A and B can only get 5A, also while Sisca A has an Auto-Combo, Sisca B doesn't have a full one (it's 3 hits, knock backs with hard knockdown, and doesn't end in a Super). Also despite both having step for a dash (66) Sisca B's can't cross the opponent up at all, except on knockdown.

B-Serena is awesome, she can reverse gatling her 5D into every normal, as well as jumps and dashes.

As an example: 5B > 5C > 5D > 6[6]C > j.214A > Ender

I'm not home now, but when I get back I'll try to work on some combos, though I have a few other things to take care of, so it might be tomorrow before it's done.

Wow, T-"Cansels" are kind of whacky lol, it seems if you T-Cancel an attack that moves your character they will be jettisoned in that direction, I discovered this by complete accident with Sisca B. Her 6B is an overhead which she leaps forward before striking down, well if you T-Cancel is right (kind of strict) she will FLY straight into the air! Like from full screen it pretty much lands her just shy of starting position, sadly it seems she can't preform jumps but still has access to everything else (still in aerial state). Seeing this I decided to use the only other character I've spent extended hands on with, Tae, and tried this with her 6D, sure enough the same effect occurs (more lenient than Sisca B's), however instead of flying in the air like Sisca B did she instead flew across the screen, can land right in front of the opponent. These may be interesting (albeit costly) movement options.

This got me experimenting with T-Cancels more and they have some weird rules, for example, I originally didn't pay them any mind because it appears Normals can only be T-Cancelled before active frames (so far the only exception I've found from this rule -in my limited testing- is Tae's j.D, this may be due to the hitbox appearing so fast or a genuine 1%). Specials and Supers can be T-Cancelled pretty much whenever, making them feel alot more like the RC systems many should be used to. Also since they can be preformed with either 6 or 4+AB and you can be holding the direction without having to separately input them during commands, it makes them relatively easy to pull off for some things (like the "T-Movements") but I can see advance combos being a nightmare lol

T-Cancels can definitely be used to cancel the recovery of some normals, but the timing is crazy, and I'm not sure if every normal can be cancelled this way. Try Sisca-B c.B > T-Cancel > 5A. If you time it right before the c.B's active frames, it'll connect and be recovery-free. I can't seem to duplicate this for every move though, so it probably has something to do with the first active frame hitting the opponent. Maybe we should use slow motion to figure this out more deeply.

B-Serena is awesome, she can reverse gatling her 5D into every normal, as well as jumps and dashes.

As an example: 5B > 5C > 5D > 6[6]C > j.214A > Ender

I'm not home now, but when I get back I'll try to work on some combos, though I have a few other things to take care of, so it might be tomorrow before it's done.

Cool! I love Serena-B too, but since you're working on her, I'll try to figure out some Serena-A combos.

One thing I noticed with Serena, since she has an airdash after her double jump, you can do a JC IAD in the middle of her air combos instead of doing a regular JC, and it offers ridiculous corner carry. example: j.6A > j.B > JC IAD > j.B > j.C > j.D

Also lol, Qdora falls asleep after crouching for too long, just like Rachel.

Hmm, yeah, it's like FRC tricky lol, and maybe not even universal but yeah guess more testing is needed = A= Never gonna actually play this game ; w;

Also lol, Qdora falls asleep after crouching for too long, just like Rachel.

I already mentioned that, no one ever listens to my ramblings ; -;

Height Class

"big..ger?": Sisca

"big": Main, Reviel, Cielo

"small": Serena, Tae, Caligula, Cletia, Alcott, Reinhard, Cecil

"small...er?": Qdora

Now "Small...er?" is a special case, while Qdora evades everything properly like "Small", but if crouching for an extended time she actually lays down, not only did this make her evade all High attacks, but she even evaded some of Tae's Mids in this state

"Falls asleep" and "Lays down" are different descriptions, though. I assumed at when you wrote "lays down" something more akin to Fei Long's taunt in SFIV, personally.