Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

president

BTL -> SG

I cannot consistently SG off a BTL, and I have no idea why.

My SG randomly won't come out. I'm looking at input display and every half circle is perfectly clean, but Eddie just wants to stay underground. Just before starting this post I gave it another 20 tries, and 4 SG didn't come out despite having a perfect input display. Variable timings and all that don't seem to affect it, it's not like you have to hurry with an SG when you're in BTL anyway.

At first I thought it's a problem with the PS2 PAL version, that's what I'm mostly practicing on and otherwise it didn't make sense to me when I first realized that issue half a year ago. But the same thing still persists on PS3, and now I'm at a loss. This is not the case for the regular air SG, this comes out every time if the input is correct.

I noticed some patterns over time, but there's still a lot of randomness involved. Usually when it works it will work for a while longer, and if it decides not to work it will be problematic for another 4-5 attempts. I can theoretically do all the SG loop and SG related setups, and I really want to work them into my gameplay already, but this issue prevents me from doing so. When I had a session today it didn't come out three times in a row, and all three tries were glorious gamethrowers because of it.

Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx_AvjqDwSA

Somebody help me with this, I'm tired of keeping things short and always directly sweeping into puddle just because of some error I can't figure out. Edit: Yes, I have this issue is on different sticks as well.

I cannot consistently SG off a BTL, and I have no idea why.

My SG randomly won't come out. I'm looking at input display and every half circle is perfectly clean, but Eddie just wants to stay underground. Just before starting this post I gave it another 20 tries, and 4 SG didn't come out despite having a perfect input display. Variable timings and all that don't seem to affect it, it's not like you have to hurry with an SG when you're in BTL anyway.

At first I thought it's a problem with the PS2 PAL version, that's what I'm mostly practicing on and otherwise it didn't make sense to me when I first realized that issue half a year ago. But the same thing still persists on PS3, and now I'm at a loss. This is not the case for the regular air SG, this comes out every time if the input is correct.

I noticed some patterns over time, but there's still a lot of randomness involved. Usually when it works it will work for a while longer, and if it decides not to work it will be problematic for another 4-5 attempts. I can theoretically do all the SG loop and SG related setups, and I really want to work them into my gameplay already, but this issue prevents me from doing so. When I had a session today it didn't come out three times in a row, and all three tries were glorious gamethrowers because of it.

Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx_AvjqDwSA

Somebody help me with this, I'm tired of keeping things short and always directly sweeping into puddle just because of some error I can't figure out. Edit: Yes, I have this issue is on different sticks as well.

Dont panic and relax a little bit. Look, the Sg loop isn't so hard. The trick is, when you are on break the law, you can use either 41236 or 63214 for Shadow Gallery. What i do, is 214 (BTL) + 41236 (SG). That motion is more easy and if i feel that the opponent is too away for the loop, i can do rapidly 66, 214 + 41236.

Try it with that motion. I hope that this could help you.

The problem persists with both half circle directions. Eddie's just like "nah" and wants to stay underground.

Sometimes I need 3 to 4 attempts to turn a BTL into SG even though every attempt shows the identical input in input display. It's also completely unrelated if I have the shadow out or not. I can't think of any possibility I haven't tried, because I have this problem for a while now. Even if I mess up the input on purpose and do like a 4123698 I can get a SG out, but still only about 50% of the time.

Actually, I thought of something I haven't tested before just now. And it seems to solve the issue! If I perform the SG with both S and H, I seem to get it out everytime. This is random as hell, and I'm wondering if having to add the H button to the thing will cause problems or be impossible in some situations. But for now, I'm happy with a solution.

The problem persists with both half circle directions. Eddie's just like "nah" and wants to stay underground.

Sometimes I need 3 to 4 attempts to turn a BTL into SG even though every attempt shows the identical input in input display. It's also completely unrelated if I have the shadow out or not. I can't think of any possibility I haven't tried, because I have this problem for a while now. Even if I mess up the input on purpose and do like a 4123698 I can get a SG out, but still only about 50% of the time.

Actually, I thought of something I haven't tested before just now. And it seems to solve the issue! If I perform the SG with both S and H, I seem to get it out everytime. This is random as hell, and I'm wondering if having to add the H button to the thing will cause problems or be impossible in some situations. But for now, I'm happy with a solution.

New Eddie player here myself having the same problem. Really is odd. I thought I was just doing the SG too soon. I'll give this S and H thing a try I guess.