Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Killer Instinct (2013)

Official-Hisako-Artwork.jpg

Hey there, beautiful~ <3

Oh snap, S-Ko went solo!

I like her design for what it is, though I'm not sure how well she meshes with the rest of the KI roster aesthetically.  I guess it's good that they're making an effort to diversify the cast a bit...

Oh snap, S-Ko went solo!

I like her design for what it is, though I'm not sure how well she meshes with the rest of the KI roster aesthetically.  I guess it's good that they're making an effort to diversify the cast a bit...

Well, before we even got to the 2013 version, we had a robot, a skeleton, a dinosaur, a boxer, a Conan wannabe... Yeah, I believe adding a single Japanese ghost is fine. In fact, I'm surprised they never had anything Japanese beyond Jago's vague ninja looks.

Yeah, she'll be quite a treat for me. The fact that Hisako mainly revolves around countering the opponent's attacks will be interesting. I also like the idea that she can control her medium/heavy Auto Doubles to lessen Combo Breaks. I can't wait to play her soon!

I love characters with strong counter moves. Hakumen (CT), Rononove (umineko), Hakuolwo (aqua). 

Cinder does look sick, though he ain't got the demonic hands unless that's a part of his playstyle. His voice sounds really familiar.

Also, I can't help but feel Hisako's theme has a snippet of U.N. Owen Was Her.

I've said so many things about this new Cinder already! Long story short, he looks and sounds amazing!

Hisako also sounds amazing. This could be just me since I don't know anything, but does Hisako sound kinda old? She's technically 400 years old but didn't she die at 19?

EDIT: I don't know what some of you are saying about him not having demon hands anymore. He still has them.

I've said so many things about this new Cinder already! Long story short, he looks and sounds amazing!

Hisako also sounds amazing. This could be just me since I don't know anything, but does Hisako sound kinda old? She's technically 400 years old but didn't she die at 19?

EDIT: I don't know what some of you are saying about him not having demon hands anymore. He still has them.

Part of the silhouette made me think the hands are bigger than what I'm looking at now, but still I'll let that slide.

Hmm, actually disappointed in the theme . . . it's just . . . kinda bland. And I know it would've been expected, but was kind of wanting some new age Japanese folk (enka rock would've been cool). Heck, doesn't even really feel any sort of horror-ish, and I'm guessing the mid section (where it gets all "innocent" FYI, not a fan of the vocals either) was supposed to purposefully offset the tone but it just feels too out of place. I've generally liked this game's OST (Season 2 especially, love Kan-Ra and Aganos' themes) but Hisako's theme is a dud in my eyes (ears?)

also, am I the only one who thinks Cinder looks like shit? Like, I'm not giving them too much crap because I'm waiting to see the final version, but he just looks so . . . low poly count . . .

and I'm guessing the mid section (where it gets all "innocent" FYI, not a fan of the vocals either) was supposed to purposefully offset the tone but it just feels too out of place. I've generally liked this game's OST (Season 2 especially, love Kan-Ra and Aganos' themes)

Remember that the BGM changes its tempo in the game itself depending on the players' actions, so you won't ever hear that part if you're actually fighting each other.

I like it very much, mostly because I can hear and understand the lyrics, and though it could be a bit more Japanesque, I don't mind the tone they picked. It also fits the overall tone of the game, which does matter, too.

also, am I the only one who thinks Cinder looks like shit? Like, I'm not giving them too much crap because I'm waiting to see the final version, but he just looks so . . . low poly count . . .

If you go to the forums, which is in maintenance at the moment, some people would agree with you. SOME.

Had a chance to play as Hisako today. It might be because I spent more time with the game this time, or because she's much easier to play than Kan-Ra, but she feels pretty damn good: I even scored a single victory! My main gripes are relatively low combo damage and bad reversal options (pretty much comes down to EX command grab), but I'm used to playing with those disadvantages as Faust. And her possession grab makes people throw controllers away, even though it deals so little damage. All you have to do is mix it up with an anti-air on wake-up.

Had a chance to play as Hisako today. It might be because I spent more time with the game this time, or because she's much easier to play than Kan-Ra, but she feels pretty damn good: I even scored a single victory! My main gripes are relatively low combo damage and bad reversal options (pretty much comes down to EX command grab), but I'm used to playing with those disadvantages as Faust. And her possession grab makes people throw controllers away, even though it deals so little damage. All you have to do is mix it up with an anti-air on wake-up.

her counter don't work as reversal?

It probably does, but not only do you have to guess whether they're going to hit high or low, but it also loses to projectiles and throws, which just happen to be the best oki options for the characters I faced (Sadira, Kan-Ra and another Hisako). I guess it could work against characters like Saber or Combo, but they have an easier time mixing you up right after wake-up.

Cinder's theme sounds fantastic, and his gameplay from the textual stream sounds awesome. Can't wait to get Cinder back. Was sad being without him and Riptor for so long.

Man, he feels like a mix of different fighting games: Parasoul's tears, Flash Kick and Tatsumaki, and even MB/UNIEL-like freestyle combos. Not to mention that he has four different unique mechanics, all of which actually make sense together. I won't get off Hisako for him, but I must admit, he has the best personality out of all characters by far.