Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

Uhh, who's voicing JP That Man? Sugita again?

Console credits have revealed who did the recording for the dub.

It's PCB Productions, same studio that does the Persona dubs. Valerie Arem directed.

PCB did this?! Interesting.

Do you have a screenshot of their logo in the credits, by any chance?

Console credits have revealed who did the recording for the dub.

It's PCB Productions, same studio that does the Persona dubs. Valerie Arem directed.

Hmmmm Valerie Arem has a pretty solid resumé, I've gone on record saying that some of the weaker voices in Xrd were likely just badly directed. So maybe I should have more faith and hope they'll sound good in story mode?

Or just conclude that the even most talented people can screw up.

I know we've been harping on this for a while, but I cannot get over how different Sol sounds in battle from how he sounds in dialogue segments. It's like two completely different people are playing him.

EDIT: Oh wow, I love how the characters have unique lines for getting caught in IK's.

Hmmmm Valerie Arem has a pretty solid resumé, I've gone on record saying that some of the weaker voices in Xrd were likely just badly directed. So maybe I should have more faith and hope they'll sound good in story mode?

Or just conclude that the even most talented people can screw up.

I'd figure there's also the usual roughness from it being VA's first time with these characters while the original voices have played these roles for a long time, some even more a decade.

The only repeat voice from GG2's English dub is Paradigm. Everyone else in that got re-cast as other characters.

Cassandra as El, Price as Leo, and Liam as Johnny to me brought this not bad but could be WAY better dub to great.

Michael McConnohie as Paradigm is amazing too.

Sol grows on ya.

Cassandra as El, Price as Leo, and Liam as Johnny to me brought this not bad but could be WAY better dub to great.

Michael McConnohie as Paradigm is amazing too.

Sol grows on ya.

Bedman too.  I normally hate Yuri in everything, but he does the lightning fast monotone pretty well.

Oh man English Elphelt is really good, she still sounds cute without being obnoxiously moe-moe-kyun.

She sounds a little...more direct but it fits.

Oh man English Elphelt is really good, she still sounds cute without being obnoxiously moe-moe-kyun.

You can't expect less from someone that voiced Totoria.

I want to hear more of that monotone voice she uses in the ending. Maybe in Xrd #R.

Speaking of NPC voices, I can say with confidence the god Gabriel is voiced by Richard Epcar. I can hear a bit of the thunder god Raiden in this delivery, which makes sense with them both being deities if some kind.

Whoa, so they did translate system voices this time.

I didn't expect that. I wonder how the other voices sound.

You may kiss the bride.

"MEEEEE!" :ELP:

I've been using that Elphelt system voice for the whole week. Definitely the best. 

"Duel 3! Use protection, you two."

Bedman system voice has nice nicknames to characters - he calls Potemkin "Workaholic" and Sin is called "King Jr."

Slayer system voice is also great as he refers to himself as "Dandy" all the time.

"Zato versus Dandy!", "Dandy wins!" and so on...

I've been using that Elphelt system voice for the whole week. Definitely the best. 

"Duel 3! Use protection, you two."

Bedman system voice has nice nicknames to characters - he calls Potemkin "Workaholic" and Sin is called "King Jr."

Slayer system voice is also great as he refers to himself as "Dandy" all the time.

"Zato versus Dandy!", "Dandy wins!" and so on...

Well I'll be....how much are the system voices?

Speaking of NPC voices, I can say with confidence the god Gabriel is voiced by Richard Epcar. I can hear a bit of the thunder god Raiden in this delivery, which makes sense with them both being deities if some kind.

Yep, it's him.  He sounds exactly like Walhart.

I wish there were more previews like that, I kinda had to go blind and just buy the voices I like without knowing how good they are as announcers. I expected Bedman to just talk non-stop even after trivial things like counter-hits, but he's pretty low-note overall.