Sign in to follow this  
Zerite

Accent Core : Zappa

This post has been edited with information that comes from following posts.

Normals(unsummon)-

6HS- Knocksdown on counterhit and vs. crouching opponents.

f.S - landing spit hits and allows good pressure. Causes stagger on normal hit during the second stage of the attack. (ie. when the spit blob lands on the ground, an attack occurs where it hits. Hits low)

2D - Longer Reach

2K - Longer Reach

-stooges -

-vertical ghost toss that lands on your opponent. The ghost appears immediately above the opponent at the level's 'ceiling' when it reaches the 'ceiling' above zappa.

-sword -

-spinning aerial sword attack Hits multiple times. Causes knockdown. Gains no orbs.

-63214HS - hits once, causes wallbounce can be followed up with aircombos, can combo from 5HS.

-Dog - Can follow up 8D, 6D, 2D and 4D with additional attacks. (?:}) untechable time may have increased on 2D. (perhaps 2D is untechable if not part of a combo or guardstring set up?)

New corner loop (p,2k,6p,c.S,[f.S/6p,f.S],6D->D loop)

Force Break - Unsummons current ghost - Creates a heart shaped pink explosion above zappa that is an overhead. Connecting the move earns one orb. Comes out very quickly and causes slight groundslide which can be followed up for more orbs. On counterhit causes bounce which can be comboed afterward with Raoh.

Raoh -

-6H - causes groundslide instead of wallbounce. Old raoh combo gone.

-Darkness Anthem - two new darkness anthems. One moves up at an angle and the other down at an angle. The downward moving one cancels the OTG state and launches. No idea about proration (which normally accompanies this sort of thing).

-Aerial H - causes floorbounce, can be comboed. (memo: This is Raoh's new combo of death)

As of right now, think its safe to say that it was an untrue rumor. Also lets not forget about the dog being able to link its attacks after 6D, 2D and 8D. It may be able to link attacks after 4D D but I haven't seen it yet. Also Zappa's f.S in unsummon and dog summon staggers on counter hit.

The videos I've seen of him recently have been really disappointing. I normally stay away from saying things like this, but all the matches I've seen with him either involve incompetence, lackluster play or confusion. There's nothing solid to be gleaned from these kind of videos.

Any word as to whether the timed summoning system was true or not? As in, if you summon when the last number on the timer is 1,2, or 3 controlled which summon you got?

There's been rumors about stuff like that for a long time. I haven't heard of anyone really investigating it. Also, does anyone know the inputs for these new moves?

Yeah man as far as Zappa goes theres nothing I seen thats changes his gamplay that musch to be honest I wont even use his force break beacause it doesnt look like u can combo from it it just knocks down and unsummons the current nsummon the new P ghost launch I believe it is is crazy good. I just like the movement after it also the staggering f.s sounds nice but I can treally see a use for that besides some pressure strings so someone help me out so I can open my eyes...If the dog stuff is true does that mean that they scaled the dammage on his attacks...thats jus resonable thinking they did it to the ghost from #R-Slash so whynot the dog I want to play fuck theory fighting but I still need more videos someone help....

I maybe drooling over the new stuff but I too don't see anything revolutionary about Zappa except for his dog. His dog seems pretty beast now. Kind of like Eddie, good in reload, nerfed in Slash, and possibly godly again but really different from their Reload counter part. I still saw Zappa suffering from his same weaknesses, that being not able to handle corner pressures that well at all. And robo ky's 421HS beat out Zappa's new sword move. Also I doubt the dog's damage would be reduced simply because long damaging combo's with the dog are really not its strong point to begin with, unless you're able to incorporate 2HS on a crouching opponent. Many of his combo's rely on his 5p,5k,5S which are kind of weak.

Like I said, there's nothing revolutionary to see right now because the players in the videos we've been getting are terrible. It would be like judging the strength of Order-Sol off of the slash gameplay videos on gamespot.

What are his so called "dubs?" And I don't care if the players suck or not I freakin need more videos. The number of Millia videos are gonna pass us at this rate.

It accualy is scary instead of just being weird. not that i have anything against his old voice, i loved that too this one is just more apropriot. <----(wow worst spelling ever) I also like fuasts new voice.

Yeah the voices are nice too. I love Zappa's high pitch squeal when he bursts. And yeah Faust is cool too. He sounds so satanic.

the new AC multi-character combo vid hasn't been talked about yet in here has it? (i'm not sure of everything so feel free to correct/add to anything that i don't know about) for zappa - 1). 75% TNSN: running 2K, 2D, 236P (RC), 66, 2HS *(cancelled into new ForceBreak? 25%TNSN, gains an orb)*, 66, 236P. This combo gives 7 orbs. If the new move within the asterisks is actually the new force break, it not only looks fucking cool as hell but very useful as well. 2). SWORD 50% TNSN: j.HS, new j.sword spinny move (late RC), 66, S, j.S, JC, j.S, j.HS, new j.sword spinny move. Very cool combo! 3). RAOH 50% TNSN: 214S (RC), 69, j.HS, (land then jump again), j.S, j.HS, 66, 214S, 214S. Almost full life combo from 50% tension with Raoh, well i guess it'd be a full life combo after the damage you get from attaining orbs, right? ......damn.

Sign in to follow this