Sign in to follow this  
Zerite

Accent Core : Zappa

k thnx... btw i just read all the zappa love stuf and now im afraid off him :eek: ... my freind plays zappa and im sure he didn't know some of that stuff wow.

i played a few games of zappa AC during my trip to HK... all i can say is: relative to the changes that everybody else got, zappa is quite shitty but anyway this is how i FEEL towards AC zappa... so its only personal sword: relatively the same... i never used the spinny move much because i didnt know how to apply it... but it shouldnt make a major difference to ur gameplay aside from combos i think but some things to note is: 63214HS is now 1 hit, u can connect on 5hs hits, and it wall bounces, so u can RC and run in for an air combo or just air combo if ur well positioned 2HS seems to have a higher angle (it hits more verticle) and it pushbacks more, i cant land the normal 5s 2hs JI combos off an uppercut CH frc ghost: it feels like the items do a lot less damage... they eat random golf balls and everything but their life barely drops... in slash they probably would have lost 40%... here they lose maybe 20%... but thats how i FEEL it so i dunno... P ghost toss is nice, some confusing shit... the jhs and 2hs blockstuns seem to be even less than slash... and their hitting radius is smaller too dog: pretty much the same... you can follow up attacks with an extra attack... but if u do... the recovery for the dog turns crazy long... probably 1 more hit = 2x the recovery... which seems fair... i prefer just using single attacks... that way the recovery is the same as slash and u can still do the old pressure strings... but i feel some potential doing 2 hits with the 2nd hit being 4DD, its the old 4DD so that way the dog doesnt bounce off a mile away and stays near ur opponent... but not too sure how i can continue rushing down even tho its placed properly when it takes so long to recover... so overall dog is basically the same as of yet raoh: i didnt know that combo existed so life sucked with raoh since i cant infinite off a 214S with a 6hs 236s.. and i THINK theres a S follow up for 236S that shoots diagonally (45 degree maybe), oh... and chip damage of super seems to have gotten decreased... FB: considering some stupid FBs that other characters have got (order sol... his FB hits me if he blocks my sword charge and i lose 50% life), Zappa's FB isnt as useful as others... but if i knew about that 7 orb combo my thought might change. I couldnt link it off anything (didnt try 2hs tho). Maybe using it in combos... once again all the stuff i said is how i FELT as i played, so dont take my word on it

Good to hear from some first hand experience though. I will just need to sit around in training mode once this game comes out to see how things are. Like some of us mentioned earlier Zappa's improvements don't seem very game breaking. Edit: Looking at some more video's I'd have to say that Zappa still looks pretty solid. The new 63214HS properties make Zappa's sword godly damage wise. The follow up combo was always strong to begin with. I wish I could watch the combo vid to see how his new sword move can be incorporated not to mention the 7orb combo. As for the ghosts, the new throw looks solid as you mentioned. But still, you say that there's a possibilities that ghosts do less damage? I got used to the slash damage but if what you're saying is actually true well then..... :blue: They still look fun though. The dog still looks pretty hot. I noticed the extra stall the dog gets when it attacks twice (it shakes and growls. Kind of cute actually :grin: ), but I already know combo's/block strings that will give more than enough time for the dog too get back on the offensive so I'm not to scared. Roah: As long a he can still do easy damage, then he's alright with me. I like the new orb angle variations he has. It kinda messes with ya.

i wish i knew those combo's/block strings of yours >_< lol watching japanese zappas always look more solid than how i feel i play because i dunno all those tricks they do =( but regardless... i'll hafta say order sol owns my zappa... too quick recovery, too long range, too much damage

Well remember that order-sol is predicted to be one of the God characters. Atleast Zappa isn't predicted to be one of the crap characters this time around. By the way the combo/block string: 2P,2K,5S,6P. I witnessed how long the delay was its short enough for you be able to attack with it before this combo ends. =) Anyways I was looking at the Zappa vs Johnny video from the popeye website and Johnny teched out of Zappa's chest attack (6HS). That's not good at all.

teched out of the 6HS?!!? AHSDKASfjaioxcjaso47839q204edjas89fosdjj odsi hf cixvy 8durwejrskf :(:( You're right he does tech out of it... what.... :( The knockdown was a big part of dog pressure... :'((

Holy balls, they better not have taken that out.... it was the only way to get a knockdown with the Dog out. Anyways, thanks for the info on Zappa, no one else seems to want to let us know what was changed with him. Although I do have to ask, did they remove the Raoh loop or is it just that you can't do it? Because loosing that would make me sad even if he does still have big damage. Since the new combo doesn't have the BOOM-shakalaka rhythm to it.

Well after watching Zappa vs Chipp, Zappa's 6Hs is still untechable on counter hit. Completely defeats the purpose though since its suppose to be used in the dog's combos. On a good note I actually see Zappa's force break as more applicable since it does appear to be an overhead. Its incredibly fast. I guess you could simply pull of a low hitting block string then just pull the move out and whack'em on top of the head since they'll most likely still be blocking low. =} As for Raoh I'm sure there's still a loop. Its probably harder because you have to do some stuff to pick the opponent back up. Maybe Raoh's 6HS can chain after a move now. Hopefully.....

In the previous iterations 2D, which is an unblockable attack, would be used on a characters wake up when they are in the corner. Then you would use 6HS to knockdown the character and repeat until they died.

I actually dont think the loop is impossible anymore because 6HS slides them to the opposite corner of the ground... and we used to loop without shooting the 236S, it doesnt connect now so i doubt u can loop it and yea, why doesnt anybody post any changes about zappa up? lol

And yea, why doesnt anybody post any changes about zappa up? lol

1. I don't think any of us Zappa players can translate

2. Anybody who can translate doesn't care. :(

Truth.

I can't read japanese.

No one else who plays Zappa can.

No one plays Zappa.

No info.

Then maybe we should change that...i saw a match vid with Zappa vs. Johnny and zappa basically owned the guy with the exception of one match, but all in all, he does look more solid. Somebody might've already asked this question, but i'm going to shoot it anyway, what's going to be new in Accent Core, in terms of zappa's move wise and new controls such as a forcebreak(???)

What I know so far. Overall: Force Break- unsummons and gives one orb. I've heard it's overhead and fast. Appears to give knockdown for free summon into 3 more orbs. Sword: Spinny air move that seems kind of useful 63214H Now wall bounces for aircombos!!! (This is amazing news) Possible to combo into now? Ghosts: I have no idea Dog: Can do 2 attacks in a row, but gets extra recovery. Raoh: Some new ways to fire off Darkness Anthem Regular loop appears to be gone(that would make me sad) That's about all I know. I can't read Japanese, nor have any desire to. I'm just glad to see some life in these boards again. And hoping for a few more changes in the finalest version of AC.

Sign in to follow this