Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

I'm almost sure that the third King is Leo's sister, since she's being set up as this powerful entity without actually getting any proper characterization.

Nah, I'm guessing it'll be a running gag, similar to Sengoku Basara's Muneshige and how he never stops talking about how much for powerful and fearsome his wife is. I'm pretty sure Bedman's client, which we know for a fact is Mother (i.e. Universal Will) is the Third King or, at least, the Sanctus Maximus 

If it was a female wouldn't she be called Queen instead of King?

Yeah, but that didn't stop the series "Maoyu" from having that "Plot Girl" being called the "Demon King". >_>

If it was a female wouldn't she be called Queen instead of King?

Eh, some series don't care, others make it an ambiguous title, or they use "King" implying that "Queen" is not enough to describe how powerful and full of authority she is.

If I understood things well enough, Ariels is supposed to be the Pope of Rome since the Sanctus Populi are pretty much the only ones with a position even higher than the Conclave and the UN, and she's a woman though.

Regardless, I'm more interesed to know the identity of the third servant of That Man, knowing that so far he has two masochists under his service being one almost immortal with the power to disrupt time and space and a woman with apparently an incredible might for a mere human as stated by many characters like Testament and Flament and with the ability to travel through time and space, I can't help wondering the type of character he or she will be aside from being another super-powerful individual.

I think it's worth mentioning that Casandra Lee is the voice of both Elphelt and Aria..

I don't think its for a story reason as they have different voices in Japanese.

Oddly enough, Dizzy & Justice have the same voice now, which is new since in the XX games Justice had April's voice.

It could mean nothing since Justice only does creepy monster yells in the story.

I think it's worth mentioning that Casandra Lee is the voice of both Elphelt and Aria..

... Aria sounds nothing like Cassandra Lee. She sounds more like the same VA as Dizzy and April.

Sharon and Ramlethal are voiced by Megumi Han and that doesn't mean anything at all, the only Valentine that so far was identical in appearance to Aria was the first generation, I'm pretty sure that Ramlethal and Elphelt are just copies of someone else, it could be that Ramlethal is a copy of Delilah if we take into account that she's really dead and is not the little girl that appears in his dream though.

Sharon and Ramlethal are voiced by Megumi Han and that doesn't mean anything at all, the only Valentine that so far was identical in appearance to Aria was the first generation, I'm pretty sure that Ramlethal and Elphelt are just copies of someone else, it could be that Ramlethal is a copy of Delilah if we take into account that she's really dead and is not the little girl that appears in his dream though.

Then I believe Bedman would have noticed the resemblance and reacted in a proportionate manner sooner. Nothing really hints that in the story though.

it's not all that uncommon for clones to have varied traits that aren't of the original's. No matter how they look or sound, they are copies of Aria by nature (just as all...well, 99% of Murakumo are copies of Saya).

I find it amusing that Ariels was obviously distressed when Elphelt was going to self destruct? Is she important somehow to her plans?

Yes. It's stated that Ariels is manipulating the Valentines for her own purposes. Bedman's attempt to kill Ramlethal, saying that it's what "Mother" wants, means she's pretending to be the Universal Will.

Yes. It's stated that Ariels is manipulating the Valentines for her own purposes. Bedman's attempt to kill Ramlethal, saying that it's what "Mother" wants, means she's pretending to be the Universal Will.

What makes you think she's "pretending" to be the Universal Will? For all we know she might be her, or some manifestation of her (like how she tried to do when Justice interfaced with the Backyard). She seems way to powerful (in terms of influence and magic) to be just a normal person.

Yeah, she's obviously the Universal Will/Merciless Apocalypse/Mother or at least her controlling the body of Ariels, there are two facts that can easily prove this. One is herself saying in the end of chapter 10 "Now, I must return to my OWN affairs" and then we see Ariels that is almost identical in apperance than the one Bedman was talking to, then finally in the Library it says that in 1999 A.D. when humanity faced the Dawn of Revival only the Sanctus Populi believed The Original Man warning and therefore they became the saviors of humanity, which is in other words EXACTLY the same thing that happens in Xrd, they believe that they have been saved once again thanks to them, when the true is that they are the real culprits behind everything that happened, and they believe so since the Conclave were under they control and deceived telling them something like the world will end at the hands of the Universal Will or That Man if they don't act.

Then I believe Bedman would have noticed the resemblance and reacted in a proportionate manner sooner. Nothing really hints that in the story though.

it's not all that uncommon for clones to have varied traits that aren't of the original's. No matter how they look or sound, they are copies of Aria by nature (just as all...well, 99% of Murakumo are copies of Saya).

Not really, especially since the whole thing if you remember about "everyone is unique?!" even if they are copies of someone else, and the same goes with Sol against the first generation, he already knew more than anyone else that she looked exactly like her for unknown reasons, but even then he still had to destroy her for the sake of the world as well as Bedman for his own reasons.

Then again, I don't really think as I said that Ramlethal is a copy of Delilah, just a possibility.

I find it amusing that Ariels was obviously distressed when Elphelt was going to self destruct? Is she important somehow to her plans?

Sol seems kind of attached to Elphelt..  My guess is that her personality reminds him of his gf.  Maybe Ariel designed her knowing that and plans to manipulate Sol with her in the future.

People keep saying that Elphelt has Aria's personality but I don't see it. In what way is she like Aria? Other than she telling Sol not to be alone.

People keep saying that Elphelt has Aria's personality but I don't see it. In what way is she like Aria? Other than she telling Sol not to be alone.

I didn't really pay much attention to the story I'll admit... can't stand anime cliche stuff, but it's just a feeling I got. 

Her beliefs were similar to Aria's.. I think?  She tells Sol not to be alone and shes kind of perky like Aria.  She shows signs of feeling lonely.. Er I think something like that was similar to Aria? 

Also I can't think of any reason why they would show flash backs of Aria and Sol if they didn't want to make some sort of connection.  It wouldn't be surprising since the first Valentine looked like Aria, maybe this one would have a personality similar to her. 

The story didn't seem to expand the chars too much so it's really hard to tell, but it did feel like Sol and Elphelt had some kind of connection, like Sin and Ramlethal.

I didn't really pay much attention to the story I'll admit... can't stand anime cliche stuff, but it's just a feeling I got. 

Her beliefs were similar to Aria's.. I think?  She tells Sol not to be alone and shes kind of perky like Aria.  She shows signs of feeling lonely.. Er I think something like that was similar to Aria? 

Also I can't think of any reason why they would show flash backs of Aria and Sol if they didn't want to make some sort of connection.  It wouldn't be surprising since the first Valentine looked like Aria, maybe this one would have a personality similar to her. 

The story didn't seem to expand the chars too much so it's really hard to tell, but it did feel like Sol and Elphelt had some kind of connection, like Sin and Ramlethal.

I think the flashbacks are for us to get an idea of who Aria was and her importance to Sol. Plus not too mention the backstory we get on That Man as well revealing what's driving him in Xrd. To save Aria or

Justice's body anyway

There's no need to think a reason for it considering that most people didn't even know about the appearance of That Man unless they had read the short stories, this is just a way like any other to advance in the main plot, and since there are still things about the Gear project we don't know yet those flashbacks are actually needed.