Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SteelCoil

[P4U2] Labrys - Speculation and Discussion Thread

Loketest 8/16/13

New from P4C

• Only has 3 persona cards
  • New move: Persona shoots bubble. Traps opponent on hit
  • New move: Similar to Testament's Gravedigger. No info atm
  • Fully charged 2B is unblockable, Charge time too big for unblockable setups
  • Fully charged DP is unblockable

New Gatlings

• 5AA>2B
  • 5AA>5B
  • 5AA>2AB

Labrys Changes

[*]5AA>5AA Loop doesn't work anymore. Not even in Red Axe

[*]5AA has been changed. Doesn't knockdown though

[*]5AAA has been changed.

[*]Auto Combo info: first hit unchanged、second hit is a big downwards strike、3段目叩きつけ、4th hit should be guillotine。 叩きつけからボコスカ入るかなーって(talking about how one of her moves resembles her AoA or is her AoA animation lol...)

[*]2B has changed. Opponent floats higher? Not sure about this yet.

[*]2B > jc > j.B > jc > j.B no longer works

[*]2B> JB> JC > B Guillotine confirmed to work

[*]2B total duration extended as previously mentioned, whiff is super dangerous

[*]Original jBB is j2B now

[*]jBB input is still there. Doesn't rise Labrys in combos

[*]JBB may not connect in some combos.

[*]SB Beast does more damage. Burns all Axe meter

[*]SB tsurugi: B and D come out at the same time (new attack is apparently projectile type. Two spikes come out!)

[*]Starts the beginning of the match(1st round) always at blue axe instead of green.

[*]Labrys current axe meter still carries into the next round.

[*]D Beast/Mojuu still drains all axe meter. Still good

[*]Mojuu (seems) to combo no matter the proration

[*]SB Gears cover the whole ground.

[*]SB mojuu did alot of damage even on blue axe apparently

[*]SB mojuu yellow axe minimum damage is around 2100

[*]SB Brutal Impact: No info atm

[*]No changes to 5A/5B/236A

[*]236 A > A > dash 5A works. Not sure about what axe lvls yet though

[*]jB hitbox weakened: Top of the jB hitbox is similar to 5B now

[*]5B's upper hitbox may be nerfed, OMB charge 5B was hard to combo.

[*]Brutal impact will activate upon guarding a hit

[*]5AA startup is fast, but has less reach, definitely way less reach than current 5AA

[*]5C's hitbox was extended upwards

[*]JB is faster、can be comboed from J.A

[*]JA may have a attack lvl increase. (j.A > J.B doesn't combo currently)

[*]5B can be dash canceled、backstep cancel also works

[*]CH 5B > 5C no longer works

[*]5D(The 1st two arrows) is faster.

Blue/gray is fine. Axe gauge is manageable and honestly Labrys spends a lot of the time going 100 meter/OMB green to red super anyways. I'd like to see more offensive presence in red/yellow. (PLUS?!) Possibly a command grab. But most importantly, system changes so Labrys doesn't instadie from a vortex autopilot.

I think blue/gray axe are awkward in design and gameplay. You almost never see them unless you spend the meter on D Beast, which isn't too much better from the C version. And if you ever have gray/blue axe, it's like she isn't even a character anymore.

I'd probably be okay with blue/gray axe if yellow/red axe were a little more threatening, so it doesn't feel like you're getting shafted by going from an awkward character with big damage (red) to an awkward character with no damage (gray).

I don't think 3 Persona Cards means much? Most of the opportunities opponents get to take cards is during Tsurugi oki, and Kanji doing stuff against 5C.

And we're getting more changes, which might make us want to go for oki less or something.

Yeah, 3 Persona cards should be pretty manageable for us. We don't, or at least I don't really use her too much in scenarios where she could be hit. I'm so excited to hear what other changes they've made.

From AMERIKAJIN ‏@jiyunaJP

"Labrys- New move, Persona charges an orb, releases it. If you get hit, stuck in a bubble. She has Testamenr's Gravedigger lol. 3 Cards."

Yay new moves.

I assume this means new combo possibilities, and maybe oki?

Top tier Labrys confirmed.

This new move sounds pretty good. I'll have to wait and see the trajectory of the bubble and how long it takes to charge but it could be a good way to control space in neutral/open people up as well as oki and new combo routes as you mentioned SteelCoil.

Looking forward to seeing more of this move.

Based on inputs since I can't translate, it only looks like 1 new special and no new supers to me. Tsurugi is the last special listed as 22 A,B,C or D. But again, I can't read so I'm only presuming

lol, it's cool. I'm curious what the bullet points underneath the pictures say. Feels like they changed Guillotine Axe and Brutal Impact in some meaningful way by the way they're showcasing them in the screenshots but I could be completely wrong and they're just giving general pointers for new folks.

They said a orb move and a gravedigger like move. I cant see the moveset now since the person deleted the tweets apparently. But since you said only one new special, maybe one of those two new moves are actually a normal. Maybe the gravedigger like one is like j.2B or something

Shadow Awakening: Unlimited Meter on a timer. Dunno if you can RC. Shadow Regular Labrys(lol) just mashed like 9 EX Guillotines. #p4u If you guys hadn't seen

I was just thinking about playing Shadow Junpei to get a feel for shadow characters. Looks like I won't have to, but wtf.

But now this gives me an extra character that I can easily learn! This excites me.

Edit: Also, charge 2B is unblockable apparently. Although if they don't get rid of that super flash it'll still be as useless as ever.

So our DP is unblockable when fully charged. I guess this is a small buff. It means you can't just hit the guard point and then block the DP if you recover in time. But an evasive action will probably still beat it. Depends on how long it takes to charge.

Also, ASW has now given us 2 new unblockables. I think they're giving us a really strong hint that they want us to use more unblockable stuff, lol.

realistic buffs i want

better gatlings/more gatling options

you can only lose 1 axe level per combo (tired of a bnb knocking me from red to green)

usable dp

5a or 2a to be slightly faster