Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SteelCoil

[P4U2] Labrys - Speculation and Discussion Thread

I like the 5B dash/backdash cancel addition. Wonder if it's one of her short jumpable moves as well. j.A with a possible atk level increase is great too.

One thing Im worried about is CH 5B > 5C not connecting anymore. Kinda sucks. I'm not sure I like them making 5D faster either. The startup was fine, its the atk level that needed improvements imo.

Really wish we got some footage for her before the test ended. A good number of her changes dont seem completely bad. Just that her combos will need some reworking.

hi.

afaik if you have a really high end, long combo with labrys when you combo into D axe super you can actually end up having the opponent tech in the middle of the hits, leaving you wide open for punishment. I'm assuming they mean that that can't happen anymore with the D mojuu issue.

as for brutal impact yeah. it's likely the move is getting a rebalance since it can be triggered earlier than usual now, so maybe SB deals nearly as much damage as the current C version lol.

Oh, there you are, lol. Hey Omex. I actually didn't know that could happen with D mojuu. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm glad that's fixed then. Also, what you said about SB Brutal Impact makes sense. It's only fair that the regular version loses some damage if it activates on hit now, especially if we get to keep the current invuln for the start up.

Really wish we got some footage for her before the test ended. A good number of her changes dont seem completely bad. Just that her combos will need some reworking.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping we would get some Labrys footage too. It's unfortunate but considering the circumstances, I guess we should just be glad we got to see any footage.

Curious with this "Brutal impact will activate upon guarding a hit" ... can we treat this super as pseudo houtenjin against mix up(eg Yuu Raging Lion) or destroying other super?

5B dash cancel suddenly makes the 5AA > 5B cancel much more reasonable. Good stuff overall so far. Curious about frame advantage/disadvantage off the dash cancel. Assuming 5B > dash 5A is fairly safe, it at least gives Labrys a more legitimate non-metered mixup/pressure option.

j.A > j.B combo-ing is nice. Chances are they made it the same as S.Lab's j.A (since it was pretty ridiculous that they had varied levels on that move in the first place). This also improves her corner oki game if it's true, as low air dash j.A > j.B will be legitimate now.

Oh, there you are, lol. Hey Omex. I actually didn't know that could happen with D mojuu. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm glad that's fixed then. Also, what you said about SB Brutal Impact makes sense. It's only fair that the regular version loses some damage if it activates on hit now, especially if we get to keep the current invuln for the start up.

Yeah, D super could always drop after an extended combo. It's part of the reason that certain optimal combos have shorter ender sequences (ie: j.B > j.214B instead of j.B > j.C > j.214B).

It's a good change, but it carries its own risks. Similar to how the C super works after extended combos, I expect the D super to leave Labrys disadvantaged (possibly punishable) after an extended combo, due to the opponent teching in her face. :P

So even though it's a good change, it's still probably something that will need to be used with care.

Curious with this "Brutal impact will activate upon guarding a hit" ... can we treat this super as pseudo houtenjin against mix up(eg Yuu Raging Lion) or destroying other super?

Definitely need more info on how BI works, now. It isn't clear if it activates on whiff (invuln) or hit (superarmor) or acts like a counter. Those three all work differently, so it'd be nice to have some clarification.

edit: just saw the "guarding a hit" part. Would imply it's autoguard. Unless the super is +0 after superflash/activation (which would make it a counter), that sounds like the opponent could just DP cancel or RC > DP out of it in almost any situation. Still need more info.

I'm not expecting BI to be Yukikaze Level, Kind of Broke on red axe level when u can Yomi and Instant Kill DP with 6k damage. But more like Baiken Guard Cancel, on P4A it does have 5f startup after finished charging... and with 5f startup, if Yuu does blocked Raging Lion, he still can RC and do evasive Manuver.

SB mojuu is a new special and she have a shadow mode?(I know Shadow Labrys and Elizabeth don´t have)

Stunedge (I think?) tweeted about a Shadow normal Labrys early in the loketest who was spamming SB Guillotine nonstop. I don't believe we have any other information about it, though.

New specials and supers look like they'll make her a gigantic threat with meter. Her mixups look like they'll be much scarier without meter, which I think will go with that pretty well. Sucks they're nerfing Gold Bursts though, that's pretty much how I allow myself to waste meter and get started a lot easier. I have a feeling though that she'll be probably mid to mid-high tier with these changes. Shadow form may be pretty fantastic though.

so i had this combo, then i used 75 meter and FUCKING KILLED YOU

this character will always be my waifu for waifu 4 arena: the sequel

Well, seeing as how all other damage has been reduced in general from impressions of the game so far, I guess this means that Labrys will still be doing 7-8k damage with red axe and meter.

Another thing I want to know about the new Labrys is whether that Gravedigger move is an overhead or not. Wondering if it looks like 236A-A followup or if it's something completely new (and not overhead, since gravedigger isn't).

i wouldnt mind it for the purpose i use FB gravedigger now in ggac - you did something stupid, how about i knock you down now k?

i wouldnt mind it for the purpose i use FB gravedigger now in ggac - you did something stupid, how about i knock you down now k?
Labrys already plays a lot in the "punish your opponent really hard" space, so that would make sense.

She plays more in the "out-read/space/etc. your opponent really hard" space, really. Punishing them for stupidity falls in there somewhere.

It sounds like her punishes might be lower damage now (and executionally harder, since the old ones were just 5A(A) > 2C > [b+C] loops) based on the change to the auto-combo and whatnot, but we'll have to wait for more info.

I wonder if her gravedigger will be combo-able, lol. That'd be pretty funny.

Has there been any mention of gravedigger except from jiyuna? everything i've seen so far has mentioned the new bubble move and nothing else, so maybe jiyuna got a move name wrong or something.

Has there been any mention of gravedigger except from jiyuna? everything i've seen so far has mentioned the new bubble move and nothing else, so maybe jiyuna got a move name wrong or something.

As far as I know, he's the only one who's mentioned it. There hasn't been that much Labrys info overall, though, so who knows.

I've mostly been ignoring the gravedigger note on the change list because I wasn't sure what to make of it, but we might as well speculate since it's there, lol.

We can speculate whether Jiyuna got the move name wrong, too. :P

considering that i was reading through tweets, updates etc from JP labrys players, stunedge didn't mention it, it isn't int he universal changelist that lists all of the obvious additions like that, I'm pretty sure he just got the move wrong, or we would have heard mention of the move since then.

The bubble move is called "Hojuu" btw. 236C is the input.

From info Omex translated, it can be done in the air also I believe.

I think gravedigger just got mistranslated by someone as j.2B or something maybe.

The bubble move is called "Hojuu" btw. 236C is the input.

From info Omex translated, it can be done in the air also I believe.

I think gravedigger just got mistranslated by someone as j.2B or something maybe.

it's never been mentioned by anyone in any translation notes/twitter, i'm telling you, the only reason we ever thought she got gravedigger was because jiyuna mentioned it. he probably saw a move similar to testament's and got the name wrong. as soemone said earlier it's more similar to his 236p or w/e

yeah he just got the name wrong mostlikely. Hojuu = Testament Phantom Soul.

Mm, makes sense. That doubt was why I was ignoring that note originally.

Putting that aside, I wonder if the bubble she summons stays put or moves around (ala Platinum/Dizzy)? Was there any info on that?

Kris from Siliconera attended the loktest one of the days and made a small article about it. I'm assuming her isn't the most educated about fighters but one line from the article caught my eye.

"Meanwhile, Labrys could draw enemies toward her like she was Iron Tager from Blazblue in the air, hold them in place with a new slow projectile, and even had a new super that summoned gears up from the ground in front of her. I hardly recognized her with all of those new abilities!"