Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Card colors indicate how skilled you are in comparison to everyone else. I believe it begins with Green and ends with Red.

What's the cards color order then?

Bad to Good:

Light Blue > Dark Blue > Dark Green > Light Green > Yellow > Orange > Red

White means "new".

Edited by Pssych

Well, though the article doesn't mention if its either coming retail or digital, or even both for that matter, but we'll wait and see.

nah, just saying that being scary in awakening doesn't really mean too much

nah, just saying that being scary in awakening doesn't really mean too much

Shadow Labrys is scary in awakening (more than Liz) and Titanomachia arguably pushes her up a whole tier.  An ability to make a comeback does mean something, but his limited neutral game is going to keep him out of top tier status.  Just saying he looks stronger than I anticipated when I first played him

I don't see what makes Adachi shit.  If struggling at full screen was enough to make a character shit then we need to call Akihiko shit too and we all know that isn't the case.

Damage isn't the only thing that makes a character. However, I too would like to know what makes her look weak. She seems good to me, plenty of setups and tools (good damage is an added bonus). Only thing I see her lacking is a meterless respect tool.

I wrote a thing about how we use JP tier lists to help learn a game sooner, read it http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sapj5p

Has some cute stuff about impressions of Marie. Output is low, neutral is weak, pressure and mix up are weak, etc. when compared to the rest of the cast. The impression is that she'll be weak without a major discovery taking place.

Edit: I don't like talking about character power level over and over again because that's all people ever talk about in these threads, and they're usually on pretty base assumptions and observations. I do want to point out how I come to the observations I come to though, and try to help make the discussion a bit more interesting.

edit edit: sorry if that came off condescending, I'd just rather if we talk about this stuff it carried more depth/thought than the base stuff.

I respect your impressions and all, but the article you wrote is really suspect.

By the way you put things, it sounds like every DLC character starts out weak and unfortunate in their first week of being released, as if there's a godlike player who has mastered her already. Adachi went through the same thing, and now suddenly people are claiming him to be really good now. If you really want to get a solid impression from them I would say wait for a least a month after you learned their mechanics, tools, strengths, and weaknesses--ALL of them. For the record, I have no plans to main Marie whatsoever, but I don't believe she's as weak as you think. You just need a lot more time before rating her.

On another note, it does seem as though most players are lost with certain characters until JP players discuss them and chart them on tier lists, running with that until the end. That's really sad.

Also, get ready for Margaret in 6 days along with some Persona 4 Animation dlc music 

Actually week one we thought Adachi was fairly strong, and we still think that! I think you missed the point of what I was trying to explain entirely.

Actually week one we thought Adachi was fairly strong, and we still think that! I think you missed the point of what I was trying to explain entirely.

Going to Adachi character threads, if that's to be any indication of player feelings, sort of shows otherwise. A lot of the players there found some neat stuff, for sure. However, a lot of the people there seem to feel like he truly shines when awakened, but is a bit lacking outside of that. Not necessarily weak, but I don't think it's fair to say that people thought he was overall 'strong' from the get-go. Just opinions, moving on.

I don't really think he missed the point, your point is just made fairly often, and it's one that doesn't really beg to be explored in fighting games anymore. The point that, "New characters are bad until someone busts them wide open and shows all of the possibilities (or lack thereof)" is nothing new, and you're sort of just reiterating that same idea. Speculation, educated thoughts, and that sort of thing are only positive in their influence, so nothing wrong with that.

For what it's worth, I do like that you fully explain your thoughts. I love reading up on stuff like that :).

I too, think that Marie is a bit weaker than we expected before. Her setups are not that good: chocolate is not that good, you can dodge it easily and it does not have super oki, cloud is the best one I think, awesome air control with that, but the startup is incredibly long with both of them, you can't use that like Rachel's frog or Koko's 22B. Blackhole is good but it only works in the corner and sometimes in midscreen to destroy proyectiles. And her normals looked good at first but they are problems that are being discovered, her anti-air for example doesn't have air invulnerability (that makes many trades/clashes from that), her j5C is not God either. She's not bad, but she's not top material for me, Yu, Yosuke, Aigis, Minazuki, Akihiko, all of them have many tools or something that makes them really really good, and all of them has equal or more damage than Marie, hell even Yukari can land 4k from a 5A and she's mid (I think). Marie indeed needs more work, it is only week 1-2 after all.

I too, think that Marie is a bit weaker than we expected before. Her setups are not that good: chocolate is not that good, you can dodge it easily and it does not have super oki, cloud is the best one I think, awesome air control with that, but the startup is incredibly long with both of them, you can't use that like Rachel's frog or Koko's 22B. Blackhole is good but it only works in the corner and sometimes in midscreen to destroy proyectiles. And her normals looked good at first but they are problems that are being discovered, her anti-air for example doesn't have air invulnerability (that makes many trades/clashes from that), her j5C is not God either. She's not bad, but she's not top material for me, Yu, Yosuke, Aigis, Minazuki, Akihiko, all of them have many tools or something that makes them really really good, and all of them has equal or more damage than Marie, hell even Yukari can land 4k from a 5A and she's mid (I think). Marie indeed needs more work, it is only week 1-2 after all.

Yukari is high A btw

Going to Adachi character threads, if that's to be any indication of player feelings, sort of shows otherwise. A lot of the players there found some neat stuff, for sure. However, a lot of the people there seem to feel like he truly shines when awakened, but is a bit lacking outside of that. Not necessarily weak, but I don't think it's fair to say that people thought he was overall 'strong' from the get-go. Just opinions, moving on.

I don't really think he missed the point, your point is just made fairly often, and it's one that doesn't really beg to be explored in fighting games anymore. The point that, "New characters are bad until someone busts them wide open and shows all of the possibilities (or lack thereof)" is nothing new, and you're sort of just reiterating that same idea. Speculation, educated thoughts, and that sort of thing are only positive in their influence, so nothing wrong with that.

For what it's worth, I do like that you fully explain your thoughts. I love reading up on stuff like that :).

Point well taken

I keep saying these things over and over again in hopes that one day I will not have to say them ;w;

The point is less that new chars suck, and more that using education to explore a character early and find worth is really important. That's what we base the speculation on. Like, not that they're bad, but we can identify what's actually strong vs actually weak relatively quickly if we're intelligent about it. In some cases it's really obvious (day one Kokonoe we saw buttons, combo rate, black hole all miles ahead of the cast) in some it's more subtle (things like OSes beating Marie's stuff and button MU issues) for what it's worth.

Edit: Btw, literally day one myself and a few other people said Adachi appeared strong. By the end of the first week with him we thought he was a high-mid range character and it still holds up! Most of our educated guess were pretty right. Forums are great for information, but remember literally ANYBODY can sign up and say ANYTHING, so make sure you listen to those who are worth listening to. This is why I'm actually pretty strict and boo hoo about information sometimes, I don't want a new player to believe something that sounded smart but was actually written by somebody who had no fucking idea what they were talking about.