Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[P4AU] Yu Narukami - Loketest Discussion

This thread is where you can post and discuss the changes displayed in the Persona 4: Climax Loke-tests. Only post if you have something to contribute, asking a question about something about the changes to Yu Narukami in P4C and most of all, keep all discussions civil and On Topic. All post that are off topic will be deleted, offenders will be warned or receive an infraction for repeat offenses.

P4C was announced today along with a loketest. If anyone finds out any changes made to Narukami in this new update, post them here so I can have a list of changes up.

Buffs:

• Gatotsu (New super that does not require a Persona, 236236A/B)
  • A feint for 214B
  • Yūmō Kakan (236A/B)
  • j.D now has faster startup
  • DP, Ziodyne, and Raging Lion now work on backdash
  • 5C can now be dash cancelled
  • 236D is chargeable. Yu can move while Persona is charging

Info on Yūmō Kakan

• 236A - Short dash followed by a slash from his sword
    • 236B & SB - Short dash followed by a throw (Command throw)

Nerfs:
    • Sweep > 5D can no longer be done
    • 5C and 2B can no longer jump cancel upon block.
    • 5AA can no longer jump cancel
    • It appears that j.B's untech time on CH MIGHT have been reduced

Other info:

[*]214B now causes knockdown, but still causes a ground bounce on FC

[*]3rd hit of auto combo is now a mini-DP, opponent can now backdash on block. Fourth hit is now 214A (Raging Lion A).

[*]j.BB is now j.2B

[*]Yu still carries four Persona cards

Shadow Yu info:

[*]Command grab does 1200 damage, can not combo during mid-screen

[*]Jump D and 5D start up very fast

[*]Autocombo is to that of Yu's old autocombo from P4U.

Command List:

vrBcIip.jpg

Special thanks go to jiyunaJP, stunedge, Kurushii, Famitsu, Omex, hama, and Dengeki for the information provided.

heard sweep>5D is gone, will have to resort to other oki methods to make up for this nerf, IF ITS TRUE!!

but don't worry, we still have corner oki with 2C>backdash>5D, we can also choose to use meter for mid-screen oki such as: sweep>omc>5D, and we have safejumps pending if none of those were touched.

Stunedge reported he has a new super, a 214B feint, and a command grab(!!!)

We'll have lots of info very shortly I'm sure.

I also heard that his 5C, 5B, and 2B is no longer jump cancelable on hit? Is that true, if so then, gg Narukami, it's been fun!:(

I also heard that his 5C, 5B, and 2B is no longer jump cancelable on hit? Is that true, if so then, gg Narukami, it's been fun!:(

It's actually that they are no longer jump cancelable on block.

It's actually that they are no longer jump cancelable on block.

I see. Looks like now we're going to have to take risks in clearing distances from opponents. Glad it's still on hit, but on block that's a big slap to the face for me!

5B never was JC on block anyways. as for the other 2 it sounds painful, but we shall see how things turn out.

It's kinda like how Ragna's 6A got nerfed lol

Maybe the new stuff will compesate that?

Probably, depends on what kind of tech we can find when P4A2 is released.

I'm tearing pretty hard over here. Narukami now has no safe ways to end blockstrings besides A's, unless you just leave Izanagi out to get stomped with something like 2C Backdash. Maybe max range 5B could be "safe" on a lot of characters. Unless you can bait 2B's with this 214B feint, that could be pretty cool.

you don't know that. the recovery of those moves such as 2B probably have less recovery to make up for it.

Anyway. I'm glad Narukami is a less degenerate character this time around. I'm especially interested in the dash move that can attack or grab. Sounds like fun.

I also find it interesting that he has a new Super Move. It's apparently a droit from what I saw Stunedge tweet, and it's in the movelist Kurushii tweeted out. I'd like to see some footage on what it looks like though.

Soon...

The loss of our oki is big blow but hey now we have a command grab and some sort of dash

This new super should be interesting as well

also could we maybe do something the "Faster" J.D?

I don't see a command for his command grab, unless its either 236A or B version?

Also cool we have a persona-less super now.

Faster jD? Maybe it will be good from midscreen/higher j2A hits now.

Could someone get this confirmed?

"214B now knocks down but still bounces on fatal"

Potential?

That seems like a nerf. 214D OMc 214B is now no longer a viable combo path, it will just knock down.

That seems like a nerf. 214D OMc 214B is now no longer a viable combo path, it will just knock down.

Didn't actually think of that but yeah that combo is pretty gone

A knockdown isn't necessary a nerf though, granted I'd rather have the bounce but hey, this could be the new sweep for all we know (e.g. 214D - OMC - 214B - 5D)

I guess it would depend on the kind of knockdown and how much untechable time it has

Still waiting for info on this command grab, all we really know is that the SB version is "QUICK"

That was one of my favorite things about Narukami. :'(

Oh well, combos are small potatoes, new ones pop up every iteration anyway. I'm interested in his new super. Looks stylish.

Got some Shadow Yu news (dunno where else I'd post it)

-Command grab does 1200 damage, no combo mid-screen (that would have me guess that normal Yu's command grab can be followed up)

-Jump D and 5D are very fast. (LOL)

also I noticed that in the Op it said wall bounce instead of ground bounce

also I noticed that in the Op it said wall bounce instead of ground bounce

I corrected that just now.

So is Narukami in this alliteration gonna be less Oki based to separate from Chie and more about mixups? Raging Lion B seems to be gimped as well :/

Sort of, I mean there are still ways to set up his oki, just nowhere near as safely and probably strictly corner oki

Arc has given as a few new toys to mess around with e.g. the command grab,this dash move whatever it is and perhaps even the faster j.D, its a bit early to say if this is all, we will have to wait and see

There may still be hope for his oki game

Might as well take out 5B from the no JC on block nerf too since that isn't new

Done, but it sucks to see that you can no longer JC with 2B and 5C on block anymore.