Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Solless

[P4AU] General Discussion

Couldn't there be implications for Aki's new 2C? If 5C is slower, it may probably be the speed of his previous 2C

akihiko:

new additions:

・Cyclone cancels now go up to 5

・同じ技が派生中で出せなくなった (something to do with effects of older moves have changed with cyclone, or osmething else. bit harder to translate for me, sorry!)

・New move: sonic punch(22 A or B)

rush forward and do an upper、changes based on cyclone

・2C

Changed to be anti air attack (uses 'grab', but not the word for grab they usually mean for command grabs)、当たると魔封を付与、確定ダウン

unfortunately i don't know what 魔封 is, so it's hard for me to understand again. i remember hearing someone saw an aki chain off of 2C into sweep and combo, or sweep into 2c and then combo, so there's that.

changes:

・2 cards

・B cork floats ore、A cork is around the same

・comboing with DP might be harder (sounds like lv2 up untech time is adjusted, probably due to cyclone levels? that's my speculation though. 5B still fatals for sure, might be to change combo routes on that)

・Suction on D is much longer

* sweep D is no longer possible, supposedly

* footage confirms comboing into hook can give you a fatal mid combo, guy drops combo immediately after however.

* dial a changes, does some rock lee teleporting bullshit instead of the left/right punches before comboing into maziodyne lol.

info taken from twitter, and translated info all from hochan's posted information.

I dunno if i'm liking these changes. All the new stuff yet that 5 lvl Cyclone is a secret nerf since he needs more than lvl 2 to get his better combos.....

It's always possible different combo routes can be found utilizing more Cylcone attacks...

And his new autocombo is swag, though people who liked his autocombo resets will be sad.

Who knows, maybe these different Cyclone levels can make for better combos than what we already have.

lol DBZ Swag

don't sweat the good/bad things too much yet. new combo routes may be possible with new normals, new properties people don't know how to use yet (like straight giving fatal during combo potentially?) etc. there's also a brand new input move that's affected by cyclone that people don't know how to use yet, so yea!

plus we don't know any more subtle changes, like reductions in p2 for better scaling off certain moves, potential frame data differences, etc etc. and it'll be possible to scum up extra cyclone levels easily any time aki gets a crumple confirm, so the big FCs might remain just fine.

on that note, when lurking around twitters (dacidbro's) i saw domi mention sweep>A killrush>(4A>)22A>2C - so yeah, new combo routes are definitely going to appear!

22A? What's that?

if you read a few posts above, it's his new move, sonic punch. move affected by cyclone, some sort of uppercut.

if you read a few posts above, it's his new move, sonic punch. move affected by cyclone, some sort of uppercut.

...there goes my hope of it being a yosuke super... *table flip*

Ya but what was the damage lol. If we need level 5 Cyclone to get what level 3 damage was, than it's a nerf lol.

Ya but what was the damage lol. If we need level 5 Cyclone to get what level 3 damage was, than it's a nerf lol.

Where was it stated that lvl 5 damage will be what lvl 3 was?

Where was it stated that lvl 5 damage will be what lvl 3 was?

Nowhere. It's only logical though. Giving Aki MORE damage would be ridiculous. Albeit he needs MORE OF EVERYTHING ELSE

Nowhere. It's only logical though. Giving Aki MORE damage would be ridiculous. Albeit he needs MORE OF EVERYTHING ELSE

So you were only making assumptions? ASW does what ASW does, and they've done some things with characters that other's would call ridiculous.

Besides, based off a vid it looks like his old stuff does the same damage. I don't see how he'll do less with new combo paths and cyclone level 5.

Even with the addition of Lvl 5 cyclone, I'm still hoping he gets to keep his damage or at least damage that we can bare with. Anywho his new move looks too swagtastic. Can't wait to get my hands on him!

All I really want to see is some added mixup potential

Struggling to open people up has been my main problem, playing against anyone who can tech all throws on reaction is just :vbang:

okay that thing i couldn't translate.

it was silence

aki gets silence off of 2c

OH GOD

with corkscrew now popping them up in the air I wonder if stuff > corkscrew > 2C will be a possible combo ender in some situations

I have no idea what 2C actually looks like when it hits or what kind of positioning you get off it but that could be interesting

Unless his recovery is fairly short after the 'pop up corkscrew', it will probably have to be OMC.

From what I could tell, it looked extremely similar to atomic collider on startup, haven't seen what it looks like when it's landed tho.

It'll be interesting to see this used in combos, especially since it forces silence.

I'm starting to think that this new DBZ auto combo is really a nerf. We could keep the other guy in the air with the old auto combo but now we have one that probably doesn't work if it's blocked anymore.