Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Solless

[P4AU] General Discussion

Does 2c provide an untechable knockdown? If so things are going to get really rough if we can make it a combo ender. No tech+silence would be beautiful!

iirc it forces standing.

p4c aki looks incredibly strong. Regardless of damage nerfs,he has new pressure tools. 5AAA doesnt just look cool. The third auto combo hit>A hook looks like a true blockstring. This means his mixups will definitely speed up when in the right hands. Removal of sweep>D doesnt matter because sweep>weave C>D is pretty much the same thing (u could also just do 5d after a lvl3 DP or corkscrew for the same exaxt thing anyway) Backdash>A assault dive on wakeup sounds gimmicky but could definitely work. You can do it in conjunction with SKD's backdash OS to make a rewarding defense option. If the assault dive hits while ur cornered, u could do a counter hit combo which will result in a side switch and if they block it, you get a free mixup, frame trap situation since assault dive is cyclone cancelable. most previous mixups will work. Shorthop buffs also has a lot of benefits to his pressure game, even if shorthop attacks arent overheads. Hope I can help the community more this time around.

5AAA doesnt just look cool. The third auto combo hit>A hook looks like a true blockstring.

Does anyone know if the new auto combo can be dash canceled? That would actually make it safe on block, isn't it?

So peeps, Kill Rush recovery puts him in FC state....

That's heavy.

But on the plus side, it seems that 2c is a practical combo tool, and it inflicts silence for about 2-3 seconds, I think is this really good as some characters require their persona to do their dps. It seems our combo routes have expanded to more than 5b loops.

KR getting FC state isn't too surprising I think. In vanilla he was actually the only character that had a forward momentum special that didn't leave him in FC state (Mitsu Drill, Kuma Bearscrew), but ya this kind of sucks lol

I also think Aki having only 2 cards isn't bad either, since this means he'll get his persona back quicker. The only downside I see is being unable to burst more often if you get persona broken.

It's heavy because Kill Rush is used quite often to close distance, it's a neutral tool as well as an offensive one, my problem is that KR doesn't track vertical positions, so the move will come out if only the horizontal requirements are met, so some up backing can get us in a lot of trouble. Or at least me, lol.

I do like how Cyclone level influences more moves, like c duck/weave and 2c, those are going to be VERY interesting. I'm also intrigued about Sonic Punch, and the new applications of 5c and 5d. The 2 Persona cards are meh, they recover fast enough to hardly be a problem, unless in very specific situations.

We need videos.

Something I noted while watching matches that I guess belongs here in the Akihiko forums more than general discussion.

Level 3 SB Upper = 2 Uppercuts

Level 5 SB Upper = 3 Uppercuts

Does anyone know if they kept the "can't use the same move more than once during a cyclone sequence" thing from the location tests? I haven't been able to tell just from watching.

edit: 42:30, seems to be the new EX duck crossup setup for the new cyclone gauge system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99beTRCM3dM#t=42m32s

How do you do Sonic Punch after Kill Rush? 22A or KR simplifies the input to something like 2A like Weave? (4C instead of 214C)

How do you do Sonic Punch after Kill Rush? 22A or KR simplifies the input to something like 2A like Weave? (4C instead of 214C)

It's actually 8a/b in KR state, no stand alone input. I always use (236a => 4a => 8a) notations anyway.

It's actually 8a/b in KR state, no stand alone input. I always use (236a => 4a => 8a) notations anyway.

Really? I've read in the first page that it had a standalone version but it must have changed in one of the loketests. Thanks for the info.

You guys have been awfully quiet x:

The recent Domi footage is pretty good. I liked some of the combos he was going for (even though he dropped a few of the big ones).

Idk people stopped talking in the yukari thread, so my attentiveness dropped somewhat, also doesn't help that xrd's being played:0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Idk people stopped talking in the yukari thread, so my attentiveness dropped somewhat, also doesn't help that xrd's being played:0

People stopped talking in the Yukari thread, too? Guess I'll have to fix that...

I'll continue to link more Aki vids if I see them.

Musui footage from Amipara Technoland. He's pretty solid and uses some nice combos.

Musui (Akihiko) Vs. S.Kanji

Also, 3:32 of the first video. Sickest confirm ever. 5k off of 2B non-CH using OmB.

I love the new Aki so much b/c of stuff like this. All the swag.

I love the new Aki so much b/c of stuff like this. All the swag.

Yes, yes, Sonic Upper is just delicious. I wonder what the SB version does though? I think he wouldn't be able to keep the combo going without it but do you know if it has any different properties? Like SB Hook's armor or SB Cork's projectile invul.

Yes, yes, Sonic Upper is just delicious. I wonder what the SB version does though? I think he wouldn't be able to keep the combo going without it but do you know if it has any different properties? Like SB Hook's armor or SB Cork's projectile invul.

It has head and projectile invul.

It has head and projectile invul.

... Hum, cool. I didn't really understand why they made SB Cork cause spin state. Might as well use Sonic to pass projectiles now.

... Hum, cool. I didn't really understand why they made SB Cork cause spin state. Might as well use Sonic to pass projectiles now.

Well, Shadow Akihiko gets a free UB setup off of 6AB spinstate during shadow rampage since he can cancel it into 4. I wouldn't think that regular Akihiko has a use for it unless he lands it in the corner, and goes for a fuzzy or something.