Sign in to follow this  
TITANIUM BEAST!!!

[+R] Order-Sol Critique Thread

Buckeye Airdasher Cup 6/14/2014

http://www.twitch.tv...acy/b/538626301

Vs. Amadeous (Jam) - Winners Finals 

vs. Amadeous (Jam) - Grand Finals - 24:45

Quality is a bit eeeh you can still follow exactly what's going on. You really see how difficult it is to 2D under FBPB in the set and how amazing J.S is when Jam is under you. 

Was this that goof ball who I was playing?

"Nothing is magical about Jam except her thighs" Nigga why you so ratchet? LOL

I ain't see no fafir.

Alright there goes one, but he blocked it.

I officially don't know what is going on anymore.  Why did that wiff

What are you do...

I give up. SPECTACLE FIGHTER!

Finn_foaming_at_the_mouth_with_rims.png

r

@23:54 Did you see something that horrified you? What did you see Broccolinoli? What did you see?

Oh I was baiting a burst.

Vs. Venom:

This is like 180 from when you posted that money match lol. Gold burst grab!

Vs. Sol:
I think that he should have been c/f.Slashing you more. That usually stuffs my offense after a CC.

Vs. Hat

Yo you never put the hat on all the way.

Vs. Axle:

Hey I played this guy. He's cool. Burst grab! I believe you can fafnir Axel ever time you see his blue disc charge. That kinda nullifies the mixup.

No words for the Johnny and Ky matchups. Although for Johnny corner throws I do j.k -> j.hs -> j.d -> dj.hs -> j.d -> let him drop or do 5k -> 5s -> 5hs -> hj.remix combo

No fausts around here so I have no idea.

Watch the rest later. Looked good tho. Aggressive. Looked fun. Any good Slayers around your way?

Vs. Faust

I got no idea

Vs.Ino

I really like this matchup. This guy didn't really run any of that scary oki mixups on you though... I find Ino a perfect combo weight, for a girl. I can get a double loop off of a wall throw if I am focused. You're really good at knowing when they are going to burst. I don't have that. People in MD hold bursts like it is life blood.

Vs. Chip

ShinSin! I remember him. Fighting him was fun once I figured out the leaf grab and the Stinkmeaner chest kick. Ha ha.. He grabbed you out of 2H, I feel so betrayed when that happens... Looks like he reacted with a DP nearly every one of your 6k's. I personally don't 6k much vs DP characters. If I do it will be very late so they don't see it.

Vs. Ama

Hahaha that was fun to watch. I actually laughed out loud when he kicked you for running in. I guess you two know each other so well that the play is vs the people not the character. Them black beats were lookin like area codes. LOL

Watching that pretty much just confirms that we have two very different opinions and takes on the Ky MU. I don't really have a lot to say about it other than doing Lvl.2 BRP AC isn't safe at all if you're standing on top of them and you're better off either attempting the 5K link or just going for oki since they can't tech in any direction due to ground slide.

Usually I only do it on the air hit. I usually check my Charge to see how much I have left as the move starts up (or in the middle of a combo, depending). If I have enough, I'll go for 2D into lvl2 BHB, but otherwise I just AC and go for a basic oki. You have to already have it in mind in order to react fast enough without opening yourself up.

As far as matchup opinions, I mean, at first I felt kinda bad about it, but looking back, it pretty much confirms how I feel about the matchup. This is not a typical outcome when we play; in fact, earlier that night, I lost a set to him 3-2. But I went into this set focused and on point, and he was probably a little cold. Nothing overly dominant about the character portion, I just feel like I managed to make the right decisions the majority of the time.

Woah TBeast video.

Gaaaaaaaaaaadang you got away with a LOT of BR's. I'd never get away with those LOL! I pretty much don't use it anymore unless level 3.

Fun matches.

Now that I think about it, BR level 1 and 2 can be 6p'd after blocking a 5k, 2s, and 5s right? I think I remember Johnny and Pot doing it.

I pick good times to BR, basically. Talked with the dude afterwards about counters. I personally think blocking and using IB or SB on the second hit is the safest route to counter level 2 and level 3 BR. Ky can 6P it, but spacing matters (if you're close when you do BR, it will hit 6P before the above knee invul kicks in). Probably character specific.

Don't remember seeing any fireball FRC pressure. That's what usually gets me. I see the fireball, then I am thinking about escaping; FRC happens, gotta refocus.

That and dealing wit star oki. I have a ruff time with those.

I think the longest I ever made it was 2.5 lil eddie FRC's. I'm free to FRC pressure.

He attempted once and I got lucky with a j.HS CH when he tried to go in after the FRC.

Star oki I have no trouble with. Really, that move is more troublesome when you want to get close.

I can't resist gunblazing it. It's so ambiguous but so rewarding if you do land it.

The star stops his momentum so I can't really tell which side he is on, and the star -> grab before the star actually hits me are the worst.

@TB, I'm gonna sound like an ass but does that local Ky of yours actively play GG? He was doing some strange things and hanging himself a lot through your set. Almost no CAs, wayyy too many greed severs, no use of 6p and 2hs to AA among other things I saw quickly.

EDIT:

@2:44

BntwBf-CUAAZonS.jpg

Neither of us have been playing actively as of late. I think he does a lot of stuff in an anticipatory manner (the way he does most of his anti airs, for example), which works out if he's got a good bead on how I'm playing, but goes poorly if I'm on point. As I mentioned a little earlier, he came in a little cold, and this is not what I would consider to be typical of our matches.

lol the comboed IK is my calling card. Ask anyone who was at the last NEC I attended (2010, I think), I was handing out DI combos all over the place. And that was before you could juggle with it. XD

Sign in to follow this