Sign in to follow this  
TITANIUM BEAST!!!

[+R] Order-Sol Combo Thread

GGAC+R_Header_Combo_Thread.png

This thread is for posting and discussing combos for Order-Sol in GGXXAC+R. Post combos you see in video or come up with in training and they will be added below, as appropriate. Please take off-topic discussions to the appropriate thread.

Information:
  • -Your combo options are going to vary significantly based on exactly how much Charge and Tension you have stored. My goal is to eventually have the combos split up according to different Charge "states" that players will typically find themselves in during match play.

[table=width: 700, align: center]

General Notations Used
    Guide Specific Notations Used

[table=width: 350, class: grid, align: center]

j
    Jump

sj
    Super Jump

ad
    Air Dash

iad
    Instant Air Dash

jc
    Jump Cancel

ji
    Jump Install

sjc
    Super Jump Cancel

CH
    Counter Hit

RC
    Roman Cancel

FRC
    Force Roman Cancel

[ ]
    Hold Input

(N)
    Attack must deal N amount of hits.

[???] xN
    Repeat ??? N amount of times.

[/table]
    [table=width: 350, class: grid, align: center]

lvl?
    Level (attack must be used at indicated Charge level)

DM
    Damage

TG
    Tension Gain %

Text
    Input Replaceable

[/table]

[/table]

Mid-screen:

Normal Starters
  • 5K-5S©-2S-2D -> 214D or 214S(lvl1)~D (75 DM)

This is an example of a basic hit confirm when you have no resources. Both options grant knockdown and the first option gives you the opportunity to gain some Charge while setting up your next offensive. The second option gives you just enough time to use meaty 2P or 6K as oki options. The second option can also lead to a cross up Gun Blaze attempt by either omitting the Action Charge at the end and using Gun Blaze again, or by using FRC to cancel the Action Charge and following with another Gun Blaze. If your opponent is closer to the corner, the first option is recommended in order to maintain Order-Sol's ideal screen positioning.

• 5K-5S©-5S(f) or 5HS -> 236S(lvl2) (Requires 100-199% Charge)

Another basic hit confirm that leads to a hard knockdown using level 2 Rock It. You can switch between 5S(f) or 5HS based on how close you are to the opponent, with 5S(f) working from longer distances and 5HS being more damaging. It is possible to add a 2S before 5HS if you are close enough to boost the damage further. You have various oki options after Rock It depending on your Charge level, and you can always Action Charge while still having time to do a basic meaty option.

• 2D -> 236P(lvl1)~D -> FRC, dash j.P-S jc dj.HS-D -> 236K(lvl2) (130 DM) (Requires 20-119% Charge and 25% Tension)

A basic combo from 2D that works anywhere and grants a hard knockdown. It is recommended to buffer your dash and your FRC together, this can be done as 6+FRC,6 and will give you the fastest possible dash after the cancel. This combo has good corner carry and will usually place your opponent in the corner, which is exactly where you want them. You can Action Charge at the end of the combo to gain some charge back while still having time to pressure your opponent as they get up. If 2D is blocked, you can continue with the combo up to the FRC and you will still have a slight frame advantage, anywhere from +2 to +7 depending on your timing (using the dash FRC buffer here is also recommended if you intend to continue a close range offensive). This is a strong option on oki since 2D prevents jumping out and can avoid some reversals.

Special Starters
    • -

Throw Starters
      • -

Overdrive Starters
        • -

Near-Corner:

Normal Starters
  • -

Special Starters
    • -

Throw Starters

[*]-

Overdrive Starters

[*]-

Corner:

Normal Starters

[*]-

Special Starters

[*]-

Throw Starters

[*]-

Overdrive Starters

[*]-

Edited by TITANIUM BEAST!!!

I'm trying to pick up this character in +R. I have no idea what I'm doing, and this thread is empty. :(

I'm going to post what I'm doing so far, and hopefully you'll all be so annoyed at my scrubby combos that you'll be compelled to inform me of the error of my ways by posting better combos.

5k/2k starter :

Damages based on 5k starter vs Sol

Lv1:

c.S 2S 2D Charge (75 + KD)

c.S 2S 2D 236S (92)

Lv2:

c.S 2S 236S~D (93 + KD)

(Near Corner) c.S 2S (2D in corner) 236P(~D in corner) j.HD dj.HD 236K(~D if lv2) (152 + KD if still lv2)

Lv3:

(Midscreen) c.S 5H 235K 214S~[D] 214S ]D[ j.HD dj.HD 236K (213) - That ender might not work on lights, haven't tested.

(Midscreen) c.S 5H 236K j.HD dj.HD 236K~D (188 + KD)

c.S 5H 236S j.HD dj.HD 236K~D (183 + KD)

2H RC:

Dash and do a 5k combo

j.H counter hit:

Forgot to record damage for these, but they're in pretty much the same ratio to each other as their equivalent combo off of 5k.

Lv1:

2S 5H IAD j.PS 263H~D

Lv2:

(Corner) 2S 236P~D j.HD dj.HD 236K~D (KD)

Lv3:

(Midscreen) 2S 5H 235K 214S~[D] 214S ]D[ j.HD dj.HD 236K

(Midscreen) 2S 5H 236K j.HD dj.HD 236K~D (KD)

2S 5H 236S j.HD dj.HD 236K~D (KD)

We should probably limit this thread to being 150 damage and above. The other combos are real basic.

Anyway,

I was messing around with the level 2 BRP and I did this to the HOS AI:

5k -> 5s -> level 2 BHB -> ACFRC -> 66 -> 5k -> 5s -> 5hs -> lv. 2 BRP -> 66 -> 5k -> 5s -> 5hs -> lv 2 Savage Fang -> 66 -> 5k -> 5s -> *combo drops before 5hs connects even in the gatling. Zzzz*

So many 5K's.... the scaling.... I'mma just repost what I posted in the combo discussion thread cos I guess people don't want to look there anymore.

Just got +R from a friend, just want to post a general combo guide based off what I've found (based on Ky, by the way, though this should apply to most everybody because lol >HOS combos >adjusting to character, not to mention wall stick is pretty universal)

Level 1

You pretty much get nothing here unless it's off a big hit like Fafnir/CH Fafnir or CH j.H or Lvl1 GB

So yeah basically your gameplan here is to land whatever possible hit you get and convert into sweep so you can safely charge or mix-up city or some combination of the two. If air to air, just do however many hits you can get into Lvl 1 SV. AA c.S/5H is pretty much the same thing, just jump cancel. You get a nice dustloop off CH AA 5H though.

The "big combos" at level 1 didn't really change at all going from AC to +R but this is to show basically anybody who wants to learn the character (hence notations in combos will be actual inputs)

Combos off big hits are:

• 214S > dash j.H j.D dj.H j.D 236K/623H or 214S > dash c.S sj.S j.H j.D j.236K/j.623H if you're not feeling confident on dustlooping whatever character (or if you land CH and fuck up your timing).
          • 41236D/CH j.H > dash 2S 5H > IAD j.P j.S j.623H
          • CH 41236D > dash (optional c.S/5H) j.H j.D dj.H j.D j.236K/j.623H
          • (AA) CH 5H 214D > dash j.H j.D dj.H j.D j.236K/j.623H
          • CH 2H > dash (optional c.s/5H) j.H j.D dj.H j.D j.236K/j.623H

These all work both midscreen and corner.

Level 2
            Holy hell can you feel the effect of charge meter draining slower. So much hard knockdown is possible. If you happen to have no tension, comboing into Lvl 2 RI > Action Charge is fine though you don't get the mix-up options you would get off sweep. You get to keep a lot of your charge meter though which is great. For the Fafnir/CH j.H combos, I'd recommend switching out the IAD for just Lvl 2 BRP as it gives you knockdown and is a lot easier for people who have difficulty with the IAD (myself included).
            • [starter/string of normals] > 236P~D (FRC) > dash 5H 236K (a little bit closer to the corner than round start) Extend with 2D 236P~D > 6H if you have enough charge meter (around halfway) at the start of the combo.
            • [starter] > 236P~D (FRC) > dash c.S/5H j.H j.D dj.H j.D j.236K~D (close to the corner/in the corner)
            • CH j.H > dash 2S 5H 236K > 2D 236P~D > 6H (can be done from round start position)

Same combo as above can be done from regular hit 41236D if you're a little closer to the corner.
              Note: if you're close enough to link 5H or dash c.S after 236P~D, you don't need to FRC

• CH 41236D > dash (option c.S/5H) j.H j.D dj.H j.D j.236K~D
              • (AA) CH 5H 214D > dash j.H j.D dj.H j.D j.236K~D
              • CH 2H > dash (optional c.s/5H) j.H j.D dj.H j.D j.236K~D

The above combos are also available in Lvl 1, they just result in knockdown now

Level 3
                Here is where you really notice the charge meter draining slower. Full dustloops off Lvl 3 moves can end in Lvl 2 BRP for knockdown. You can do 2 Lvl 2 moves (BRP and BHB) in a combo after using a Lvl 3 move. It's quite wonderful.
                The following combo can be done from these starters: [normals] > 5H 236K or [normals] > 236S/623H
                • [starter] > dash c.S/5H j.H j.D dj.H j.D 236K~D

For Lvl 3 RI, it's easier to follow up with dash c.S where as Lvl 3 BRP or SV are easier to follow up with dash 5H (imo)

This combo nets slightly more damage than the following one, but is also more character dependent meaning you might have to adjust the dustloop or what normal/normals you pick up with. You can be about round start distance away from the corner for These combos to work, though, which is really nice.

The same starters above can lead to this:

[*][starter] > dash (optional 2S) 5H 236K > 2D 236P~D > 6H

The 2S can be kind of hard to link and you only lose like 1 or 2 damage from not doing it, hence why it says optional.

For this combo, you have to land in the corner after 236K otherwise you can't link 2D. This combo is nice though because it doesn't rely on floating and isn't character specific for the most part. Jam and Millia tend to stick a little high after 236P, so a slight dash is required to link 6H. Pretty much just a right-timed 66H.

If you want to sacrifice knockdown for big damage, here's a combo you can do if you land Lvl 3 BRP:

[*](starter > 5H) > 236K > 214S > 214S > 214S >214S > dash j.H j.D dj.H j.D j.236K/j.623H

Note: the timing of the first Gunblaze differs depending on how close you are to the corner. If you're relatively close do it sooner, if not, delay it slightly then do the next one immediately.

A few extra notes:

[*]If you do happen to hit with Lvl 3 GB, the following combo is possible: (lvl 3) 214S > (lvl 2) 214S > 214S > (lvl 1) 214S > dash j.H j.D dj.H j.D j.236K/j.623H Another Lvl 2 214S is possible if you have enough charge at the start of the combo. This combo is finicky on Jam (if you hit with the first or second hit) but works perfectly on Bridget, Millia, and May, so it's really just dependent on the opponent's air hitbox.

[*]The same type of combo is possible if you hit with raw Lvl 2 GB and is, again, finicky on Jam.

[*]And regarding if you hit Fafnir while having Lvl3... I'd just do an empty dustloop or dustloop into Lvl 1 SV. You already get huge damage off Fafnir, doesn't make sense to waste your other huge source of damage.

[*]A basic extension in the corner after landing a successful dustloop and if you and your opponent are low enough to the ground after the last j.D: (optional dash) c.S sj.S j.H j.D j.236K/j.623H This should be reserved for high damage starters like CH HS moves or CH Fafnir.

[*]A more advanced extension is c.S JI (sj.S) sj.H j.D dj.H j.D j.236K/j.623H but if you don't feel comfortable jump-installing raw, don't worry about it. Go straight into j.H instead of j.S on lights.

[*]Off corner throw stick, just do j.H j.D dj.H j.D j.236K Insert a j.S/j.K before the first j.H if the character is heavy. Don't bother extending, cos throw proration is awful.

[*]If you are having trouble linking 2D after Lvl 2 BRP, you can swap out the 2D for c.S/2S and the combo still works.

Hope this helped, coming from some scrub who claims to play Order-Sol.

A slight addendum to the Lvl 1 major hitconfirms: ground hit CH j.H or CH 2D have a shared easy hitconfirm that works on most of the cast.

Midscreen:

CH j.H or CH 2D xx 214D > dash 5K c.S > j.S j.D (xx 236K)

Corner:

CH j.H or CH 2D xx 214D > dash 5K c.S > j.S j.D dj.H j.D > 1. j.H j.D dj.H j.D (xx 236K) or 2. c.S sj.S j.H j.D (xx 236K/623H)

Ender for the corner one basically depends on character weight and how well you time the dj.H j.D during the first dustloop (basically, it comes down to execution). Stuff in the parenthesis is optional if you want damage.

Even outside of scaling, you're just doing a lot of moves that decrease the guard bar, thereby decreasing further combo damage. You should want to squeeze in as many heavy hits as you can, using P/K moves only when absolutely necessary for height adjustment or otherwise impossible links (like j.P j.S j.D dj.D at the end of a corner throw into dustloop).

I use the 5k because anything else and it drops. I can't pick folks up reliably after a level 2 BRP in the corner with out it.

Raw c.S works depending on distance, 2S or 2D otherwise. I personally use 2S all the time because I don't want to drop the combo.

I heard that prorate of throw, Gunblaze and JHS has changed to 40%, 85% and 90% respectively. So I feel like arranging my usual combos to something else, especially the corner throw and Gunblaze combos. I'll try to come up with something by my self, but I also need some suggestions.

What Inoue does off throw is either

j.K j.H j.D or

j.H j.D dj.H j.D > j.P j.S j.D dj.D

The first one works on characters that aren't super light and don't stick really high to the wall

The second one works on a majority of the cast, is just hard to land the linked j.P consistently. The dustloop part should work universally though.

Gunblaze and j.H combos work the same as they used to, and the optimal confirms off them remained the same as well.

I tried 2s for half an hour and I got nothing. This lv 2 BRP ground slide business is seedy.

Please tell me what you are doing before level 2 BRP (has to be ground version too, it's the only one that slides) to make this not happen. I even tried to make the combo scale as negatively as possible, doing stuff like 2P x 3 2K 2S xx 236P~D > dash 5K c.S 5H xx 236K > 2S (combo drops if you try to special cancel into BHB for obvious reasons) and the 2S still connected.

Edited by AMB Bakery

There seems to be some goofy property disparity between ground BRP2 and ground-to-air (in this case, ground to wall stick) BRP2, and I think he's coming from the former. Try getting 2S after a raw BRP2 in the corner. I honestly can't get it to connect, but after (cornered) Whatever -> BHB2 ~ D -> 5S 5H BRP2, I can snag a 2S every time, or even a 2D xx BHB2 right into dustloop with enough charge.

You can't connect anything after ground L2 BRP on a ground opponent, not even a crouch punch. The only time L2 BRP should be hitting a grounded opponent is if you somehow confirm 5H in a ground string on a crouching opponent or if you decide to do BRP during pressure.

Man fk y'all, I like my combo. It's flashy as fk and I feel like Prince.

I think I will stick to just one ground BRP per corner combo. I don't care if my meter drains, I am not one of those high-charge OR players.

That being said: I need to come up with a good meter-less and charge-less combo for dizzies. Before the update I would 6p and get a d.loop off of that. Looks like now the best option is to do a BHB "loop" or chance it with a really deep 2D -> CC and hope that the 5k connects before they hit the ground. If they aren't in the corner then I can just gunblaze I suppose.

...Or wait, I could do 5k -> 5s -> 5hs -> IAD -> j.p -> j.s -> j.d -> 2k -> 2D. Humm...

For dizzies, just do lvl 1 gunblaze into combo for big damage and no meter cost. near corner, you can get over 200 dmg

lvl 1 gunblaze, run j.H j.D, jc, j.H j.D, land, JI c.S, sjc, SHD, jc, HD, BRP

After a ground L2 BRP on a ground opponent, you can do K,S to pick them up if you're close enough

Dizzied, huh? Here's something:

dash until they're in the corner j.D (5K) c.S j.H j.D dj.H j.D xx 623H/236K (158 on Ky)

I'm pretty sure you can do a second dustloop after the first rep if you manage to pick up with raw c.S at the start of the combo. I can't check though cos my execution sucks too bad.

If they're dizzied, don't you think you could manage to charge to halfway level 2 or even level 3 though? Even if they enter dizzy state in the middle of the combo, I imagine you could get decent level 2 charge pretty easily and go for like 5H xx 236P or something.

For dizzies, just do lvl 1 gunblaze into combo for big damage and no meter cost. near corner, you can get over 200 dmg

lvl 1 gunblaze, run j.H j.D, jc, j.H j.D, land, JI c.S, sjc, SHD, jc, HD, BRP

After a ground L2 BRP on a ground opponent, you can do K,S to pick them up if you're close enough

Good call, the only problem is that lvl 1 gunblaze floats some characters really high and the following dustloop is kind of weird, or you might not be able to connect the c.S afterwards. GB into dustloop is probably the safest bet on most occasions though, I agree.

And yeah, I tested what you said, it worked, seems to only work with K or P normals though. Still, you can pick up to do dustloop or L2 BHB if you have enough charge meter.

Edited by AMB Bakery
          Figure I'd just consolidate my posts instead of double posting like a scrub.

I hate level 1 gunblaze in the corner. It just never works out for me. Some times I'm in the corner, some times they are... Tech out at awkward levels... Floaty folks are even more awkward...

I play on pad and I have never once been able to JI off of a single c.S.

Do you JI first then hit the c.S so you don't leave the ground or do you JI during the c.S animation?

Edited by Sesshyru

If you can't JI, don't worry about it, you only lose a little bit of damage/tension gain. And yes, you JI during the c.S animation (basically 829 really fast).

For the "are they in the corner problem" you can just push them into the corner by dashing. I do agree, though, the initial gunblaze float is really troublesome on some characters.

Throw stuff in the corner. All of them give hard knockdown.

5HS > Tyrant Rave lvl3 > 236P lvl2 > 236S~D lvl2 or Tyrant Rave lvl2 > 214D/214[D]

(50%-to-100% tension, 73%?-to-100% gauge, 148-to-155 Damage

5HS > Tyrant Rave lvl3 > Tyrant Rave lvl2 > (236S~D lvl2) (100% tension, 73%? gauge, 165 Damage)

[Justice Only]

66~2S 5HS > Tyrant Rave lvl1 > 66~2S 5HS > Tyrant Rave lvl1 (0% tension, 0 gauge, 132 Damage)

Edited by The Katz

all of those seem SUPER resource inefficient, but cool to know more paths i suppose.

hmmm 2.5 charge 25 tension max dmg corner combo route?

launcher>5hs>lv2 brp>fafnir>lv2 bhb>dash gunblaze>j.hs>j.d>dj.hs>j.d

Edited by xlolxlolx

Sign in to follow this