Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

geckotide

Why Chubaki gone?

It existed up until about an hour or so ago, but it was a dead thread and it seems like only the Euro clique cared for it, so while I don't think there was a need to delete it, it's not a particular loss.

I'm sure Europe can sate their Chubaki needs on Skype.

First, don't quote me and another user out of context. If you are going to show my twitter conversation then show the entirety of it. My tweet was referring to a user who was spamming images, and people being generally off topic in the Tsubaki Gameplay Discussion thread, including yourself Kujikawa. If you read the conversation on twitter you would of saw I stated I won't delete the thread from a simple request without reason. @TheGreatReptar isn't Dustloop staff, and Chubaki isn't in any way a great contribution to the community. If you continue to post links to it in sections outside of Zepp Museum i'll be forced to give you an infraction and possibly remove your thread.

First, don't quote me and another user out of context. If you are going to show my twitter conversation then show the entirety of it. My tweet was referring to a user who was spamming images, and people being generally off topic in the Tsubaki Gameplay Discussion thread, including yourself Kujikawa. If you read the conversation on twitter you would of saw I stated I won't delete the thread from a simple request without reason. @TheGreatReptar isn't Dustloop staff, and Chubaki isn't in any way a great contribution to the community. If you continue to post links to it in sections outside of Zepp Museum i'll be forced to give you an infraction and possibly remove your thread.

was actually gonna try and bring it up to you or another admin earlier about this thread. I got no idea what chubaki is but I can't say much for myself aside how uneccesary this thread sounds like. (not the thread in question, the thread right here we're on)

If you continue to post links to it in sections outside of Zepp Museum i'll be forced to give you an infraction and possibly remove your thread.

Oh, it existed elsewhere, too? Yeah that shit don't fly :v:

It existed up until about an hour or so ago, but it was a dead thread and it seems like only the Euro clique cared for it, so while I don't think there was a need to delete it, it's not a particular loss.

I'm sure Europe can sate their Chubaki needs on Skype.

What a pitiful reason to remove a thread. Like wow. That's straight up bad.

Mods can blab on about how Chubaki didn't do much for the community. But what else is there to do now? Wait months on end for a famitsu article that we can't even speculate about? Everything is so stupidly regimental, what happened to having a bit of a light hearted laugh? Sort it out.

Dustloop Moderation :psyduck::psyduck::psyduck:

If you make people accidentally look at Chubaki, you're treading on thin ice.

What? I agree that spamming Chubaki outside of its thread is pretty obnoxious, but you make it sound as if it's Goatse or something and not crappy drawings of Marcus Fenix, horse etc (when you consider the litany of pictures of half-naked, underage looking loli girls I've seen on here that I'd frankly be embarrassed to have anyone looking over my shoulder catch a glimpse of, I think it's comparatively quite mild - and frankly if anyone is that attatched to a fictional character that it causes them great distress to see them parodied then I'd venture that they have some serious attachment issues they need to work out.)

Anyway, I think I can see that it just seems to be a case of too much of a good thing, thanks for answering.

The real question is why is this thread existing and in what manner is the said posts or thread containing unrelated pictures which was dead for over a year considered as a loss.

What? I agree that spamming Chubaki outside of its thread is pretty obnoxious, but you make it sound as if it's Goatse or something and not crappy drawings of Marcus Fenix, horse etc (when you consider the litany of pictures of half-naked, underage looking loli girls I've seen on here that I'd frankly be embarrassed to have anyone looking over my shoulder catch a glimpse of, I think it's comparatively quite mild - and frankly if anyone is that attatched to a fictional character that it causes them great distress to see them parodied then I'd venture that they have some serious attachment issues they need to work out.)

Anyway, I think I can see that it just seems to be a case of too much of a good thing, thanks for answering.

Dumb thread in-jokes should stay in their own dumb threads.

Also Kuji, I'm not trying to be an asshole here, but I'm going to speak a bit more on my own behalf than Dustloop's here. As someone who actually puts a lot of time and effort into my own artwork, you referring to parody work that was clearly made in MS Paint in about 10 minutes with no effort involved as "art" is frankly quite insulting. If not to me as an illustrator, then to someone who is an actual artist that focuses on parody. Seriously, man, it's pretty lame.

It's not even remotely your place to say whether or not it was art. To my knowledge, a prerequisite for a piece of it in some circumstances is that it's supposed to draw emotion from the viewer. I laughed at Chubaki. More than I should have, really. Who gives a damn how long it took. Get off the high horse.

It's not the fact it was dead. It's not the fact that it was this "Parody" thread. It's just the fact you deleted it "Just cuz I can". Setting a pretty...bad precedent. A thread in the Zepp got too light hearted for you?...

I feel weird speaking out like this. Because it's hardly the place. But my god, Dustloop moderation has gone to the step of making this place the polar opposite of what it was when I signed up.

Fun.

It's not even remotely your place to say whether or not it was art. To my knowledge, a prerequisite for a piece of it in some circumstances is that it's supposed to draw emotion from the viewer. I laughed at Chubaki. More than I should have, really. Who gives a damn how long it took. Get off the high horse.

It's not the fact it was dead. It's not the fact that it was this "Parody" thread. It's just the fact you deleted it "Just cuz I can". Setting a pretty...bad precedent. A thread in the Zepp got too light hearted for you?...

I feel weird speaking out like this. Because it's hardly the place. But my god, Dustloop moderation has gone to the step of making this place the polar opposite of what it was when I signed up.

Fun.

Joke answer: go look at Spirit Juice's avatar. Dustloop was never fun.

Real answer: it wasn't me that deleted the thread. Go ask Chaos about it, he's moderator of Zepp. The point is it was a year old and clearly dead. If it's really that big a deal to everyone, ask Kurushii or a supermod to undelete it. Shouldn't be a problem.

I need to ask two questions:

Who is the community?

What does and does not contribute to the community and who can I go to ask when I post?

First off. The thread isn't even deleted, it never was. We can't be held responsible if you won't use the Search function.

Second, it is, however, locked. I didn't lock it, though I have no intention to unlock it. It adds nothing whatsoever. The only people who have shown any concern about it are the Euro crew, who are already on thin ice due to the spamming bullshit today.

If you wanna post Chubaki after Chubaki in the UK thread, whatever, not gonna stop you. But its life as its own thread has ended. Fun is fine, thread's like this couldn't maintain their glory, otherwise.

Why there are any posts below this I'll never know. Chubaki isn't gone, this thread has a solution.

I'm not bothered about who deleted it, nor am I overly bothered about getting it back. I'm just bothered about how this was handled in the first place. Super Mods / Admins etc need to seriously rethink how they actually moderate Dustloop. The lack of the new BB + GG isn't the only thing stagnating this place. But whatever. Do I have to put this on a formal letter to actually get something done?

First off. The thread isn't even deleted, it never was. It's not the moderators' fault that Europe can't use the Search function, it's not our job to hand-hold you like that.

Second, it is, however, locked. I didn't lock it, though I have no intention to unlock it. It adds nothing whatsoever. As said, the only people who care about it are the Euro crew, who are already treading thin ice because of their spamming bullshit today.

If you wanna post Chubaki after Chubaki in the UK thread, whatever, not gonna stop you. But its life as its own thread has ended. Fun is fine, thread's like this couldn't maintain their glory, otherwise.

Your post dishonored sense and sensibility so much I'm going to commit seppuku for you.

But hey. I'll travel to America and make AMERIBAKI. Then my thread will have equality eh?

Um, I'm also an artist, and have probably suffered as much for my craft, if not more, and I don't understand how you could at all be offended by someone calling Chubaki "art" because by every definition of the word it is. Whether or not it is good is subjective, just because you don't like it it doesn't mean that someone else can't; and it's really actually kind of insulting for you to say that because someones' drawing isn't of a high quality it doesn't mean it isn't art. What about all the aspiring artists just starting up, or amateurs just drawing for fun and enjoyment? Just because what they're doing might not be Sparth or Jason Manley level it doesn't make it any less meaningful.

If you find that insulting I suggest you never delve into the Fine Art world. Like, ever. Some of the pieces that sell for thousands of dollars boggle the mind.

Trust me, I've seen some documentaries. It's very annoying. But that's a discussion for another thread.