Sign in to follow this  
SIne

I-No Combo Thread (Accent Core Plus R)

Okay, since so much people are asking about the new BNB's and combo routes

We should have a separate thread for just combos so they don't have to post in General Info thread :kitty:

also sticky please :)

I sure hope people post stuff here, I'm trying to learn GG but I can't find many combos for I-No in +R. I found a couple corner combos by going back a few pages in the AC thread but I really wanna try learning the HCL 6FRC6 combos :P

Wiki is being updated with combo routes and options by category. Should be compkete in a couple days. For now, meterless combos are up.

So, I was messing around trying to figure out stuff I could do with FBdive, and managed to get knockdown on Axl with Pdive in the corner. I'm pretty sure this would be possible on other characters out of other setups (I know I've seen Koichi do that sort of thing in old Slash videos since you'd get 5 hits off note and back then notes built GB). Now that we have FB note to build GB with, this sort of knockdown+oki is going to be really beneficial to our damage output.

Anyone have any combo routes that emphasize this sort of knockdown without sacrificing too much damage or meter gain? I could see it being most useful after a 2K > 6P, f.S , or airthrow starter since damage output would be low anyway, encouraging meter gain combos instead of raw damage. I was looking for options to TK FBdive out of 2K > 6P starters to see if the damage was good enough, since the corner push is better than HCL FRC airdash out of that, and AFAIK there's no proration on meter gain with force breaks meaning Pdive loop after the corner push will give back a decent chunk of what's spent in the first place.

I was simply doing 2K > 6P > 5H > FBdive(5) > dash > land c.S > j.S > j.H > delay Pdive > dash j.H > delay Pdive. At this point, if my timing for the whole combo was perfect, I could knock Axl down and wind up at 1/2 to 2/3 screen, which is perfect range for nearly max-hit FBnote. My optimization goals are to get more dives in for meter gain, though I'd also like help in figuring out how to do this to other characters if applicable at all. Can I get some help? Anyone already have anything figured out?

*Edit* Getting 10-hit notes for oki at this range.

*Further edit*

Messing around on Pot yielded this result:

In corner, 2K > 6P > 5H > Hdive(2) > c.S > j.S > j.H > Pdive > dash j.H > Pdive > dash j.H > Pdive.

118 damage

From negative warning and 0 meter, builds 25% to use on 10-hit FBnote.

With racing pulse, builds over 50% tension to spend on oki + resulting combo. Expect to build some amount from 25-50% if you haven't done any FRCs in the last 2 seconds.

However, I'm also noticing that Force Breaks do prorate meter gain. I'm going to edit this into the wiki, as that's sort of important. :vbang:

I mean, I've looked around and never seen any info on it, even in the old system data we had before the wiki, and no one has ever corrected me on this. If a bunch of people start saying it's "common knowledge", I'm going to hit someone with a guitar.

Edited by TheRealBobMan

Nice research, Ill test it out. 118 dmg is pretty low though thats like max dmg of of frc throw :-/

Funny, i was experimenting withTK FB dive combos as well, you can do it off j.k. j.s 5s tk fb dive or you can do the 5s 6p 5h route then h cancel dash into vcl then 5s vcl 5s j.s j.h k dive for knockdown.. there are alot of variations for this in terms of enders... like fb dive cancel dash then land and do 5.s hcl 6frc6 if you have meter... or land 5h j.hs p dive etc and all these options end with whatever you want for knockdown or tech reset, lol

the damage is really ehhh though... :/

I figured it'd be worth it to trade damage for Pdive knockdown off of prorated moves in the matchups where Hdive loops work since you could do those for meter gain anyway. Not being able to corner push from anywhere with FBdive and still build meter with the combo hampers that idea, but it makes sense that Force Breaks prorate meter gain. Maybe if AC FBdive was better I'd have noticed sooner, heh. It wont be useful that often, but near the start of a match when you have no meter, you could do a combo that builds 50%, spend 25% on 10hit note oki and the remaining 25% on the resulting combo if your mixup works (which it should if they have to block 10 hits since that's enough time to run 1-2 mixups before going into a block string into another mixup), leading to massive damage. In that somewhat rare context it'll be worth it, since off of landing a poke and then succeeding at oki one time, they'll be nearly dead.

I know you can get up to 3 reps of Hdive loop on some characters (RoboKy and I think Testament both work), so that would be the ideal situation if you could build nearly full meter and still get Pdive knockdown.

*Edit*

Wanted to point out that CH 2H will combo into Stroke(H). As far as I know it should have been able to do that before, but it's actually useful now that Stroke(H) launches (and sets up Pdive which gives us meterless corner push and big damage). 2P > 2H is a nice frame trap that might score you that CH... the only problem is that there isn't really enough time to confirm whether or not you got the CH before you go for the Stroke(H), so it's probably best to use when you have 25% so you can FRC into a mixup if 2H gets blocked.

Also combos out of 5H on CH.

Edited by TheRealBobMan

Got some goodies for you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mqCrGzPhjo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPVsiNdEVF8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI_xRoC5Kd0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn5tHaYZGWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmi6xfB7eow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTWLl5zd2Hc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I82wmGdJ_aI

These work on the majority of the cast (although sometimes some modification is necessary), are meterless (aside from the one that starts with air super), and give you a bunch of meter. Bonus: they work on Sol!

If you don't want to do the superjump into dive combo ender, you can replace it with a simpler ender after the Airdash K S VCL, like close S into VCL for knockdown, or a close S into a more basic dive combo.

Edited by 9TNine

Dear 9TNine,

Stolen. I am robbing you as we speak. Gimme all your tech. Stick 'em up.

Yours Truly,

Mynus

I can't wait to get home from work so I can see if I can use more j.D in my combos by doing that VCL > dash > j.K > j.S > VCL follow up. I experimented with stuff like Stroke(H) > j.D > dj.D > VCL > 6FRC6 > FFVCL, but couldn't get anywhere with it. I might be able to keep the flag flying by doing this, and without spending meter! : )

Oh man, the corner push. YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAA

*Edit*

Aww man, more overtime, so not doing this tonight. If someone else plays with this stuff, please see what you can get by putting more j.D into combos, since it does 40 damage. I would think j.D > dj.H > VCL might keep them low enough that the dash > j.K would link, for starters.

Thanks a ton 9TNine!

Edited by TheRealBobMan

yummy! those combos, oishiii!! :3 I am stealing as well and has also given me some ideas !!!

So... I've gotten the following strings to work so far

Vs SOL:

Mid Screen:

c.S > 6P > sj.S > VCL > airdash starts before hitting the ground, didn't combo j.K on Sol, but I might be timing it wrong, or it might combo on other characters (looks like it should on lightweights if not characters with better hitboxes)

sj.VCL > recover > j.K > land > c.S > relaunch (experiment for meterless retard 50/50 oki?!)

6P > c.S > j.S > dj.S > VCL > HCL > 6FRC6 > catch (not as efficient as what 9TNine posted for us, but it's flashy looking)

Stroke(H) > j.D > dj.S > VCL > airdash j.K catch

In Corner:

c.S > 6P > j.S > VCL > land > 5P > c.S > relaunch

c.S > 6P > sj.S > VCL > land > 5P > c.S > relaunch

Stroke(H) > j.D > dj.H > VCL (hits really late) > c.S > relaunch (this looks really sexy by the way, like when Sol does j.D to delayed Sidewinder cleanhit)

Stroke(H) > j.S > dj.H > VCL (hits late) > c.S > relaunch

*Edit*

VS MAY

Mid Screen:

Stroke(H) > j.D > dj.S > VCL > dash j.K > VCL > c.S > relaunch works if Stroke(H) starts close enough.

In Corner:

Stroke(H) > j.D > dj.H (jump straight up to make the VCL hit late) > VCL > j.D before landing > VCL > c.S > VCL > c.S > j.S > j.H > Kdive

245 DAMAGE METERLESS FROM A 90 PRORATE STARTER

And I didn't go for a complicated knockdown yet!!!!!!!!! BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU MAY THIS IS PAYBACK FOR THE AC MATCHUP

:yaaay::yaaay::yaaay::yaaay::yaaay::yaaay::yaaay::yaaay::yaaay::yaaay::yaaay::yaaay::yaaay::yaaay::yaaay::yaaay::yaaay::yaaay:

Uh... also did:

Stroke(H) > j.D > dj.H > VCL > j.D > VCL > c.S > j.S > j.H > Pdive > dash j.H > Pdive > dash j.H > Kdive

245 damage meterless

Maybe I'm crazy and mistook the first one for the second? :psyduck:

Double checked, they do the same damage. I'm not crazy!

First could still lead to more damage if optimized, but the second will yield better meter and is probably easier since it ends there.

Anyone with good execution want to try this for me?

Stroke(H) > j.D > dj.H > VCL > j.D > VCL > c.S > VCL > c.S > jump-install sj>S > VCL > j.D > dj.H > VCL > j.D > VCL

If that even works, you could probably do c.S > VCL > HCL on the end, but it's going to take baby steps to get there. I still can't jump install a super jump off of a single hit like that. Let's see if we can break 300 damage on May without spending meter. :)

*Edit*

Thought about it, but that sj.S > VCL > j.D probably wont link. However, I'll start experimenting with FRCs when I get home from work today.

Confirmed that VS Bridget in Corner:

Stroke(H) > j.D > dj.H (jump straight up to make the VCL hit late) > VCL > j.D before landing > VCL > c.S > VCL > c.S > j.S > j.H > Kdive

250 Damage

Timing is way different than May. Feels harder. With May you do the first j.D fast and the j.H somewhat late. With Bridget you do the first j.D somewhat late and the j.H > VCL fast, otherwise the second VCL wont combo out of the j.D catch.

I tried this on Pot, Johnny, and RoboKy. Could not get the j.D > dj.H > VCL > j.D string to link. I also experimented with 2 j.Ds, but couldn't get anywhere with that either. If anyone finds anything on that end please let us know. Looks like this stuff will work on at least lightweights, but doesn't work on the heavyweights. Either the VCL hits immediately or it whiffs. I would think that's just hitbox specific, but I haven't tested thoroughly enough yet.

*Edit 10/2/13*

Ok, just going to list the damage for this combo on each character I can get it on. Damn man, this combo is ****ing hard on some characters:

May: 245 Damage

Bridget: 250 Damage

Justice: 226 Damage

Baiken: Messed up the knockdown at the end, but did 270. Looks like a fancy ender off of c.S > sj.S is going to be necessary, but will probably get close to 300. But it's seriously ****ing hard to do this combo on her. I wasted so much time on it that I didn't get anything else done, other than Justice. : (

Unrelated:

Also, while people probably knew that j.S > dj.D crosses up (I didn't till now, or at least didn't remember), HCL hits on the end of that with the buffed hitbox. While I suppose Fortissimo would be the best combo option if you had the meter, HCL is great for making it more safe if blocked! :yaaay:

Edited by TheRealBobMan

New post for a different combo string while I'm figuring things out, just to keep things more organized. I sort of found this when trying on Baiken last night but didn't really pursue it till now. I can't get the j.H > late hitting VCL > j.D > VCL > c.S > VCL> > c.S into follow-up on some characters, so I figured I'd try something else and got this to work on Millia.

Stroke(H) > j.D > dj.H > dj.D > VCL > VCL > c.S > j.S > j.H > Kdive

254 damage

Should be able to super jump at the reset and do a dive loop for more damage + meter gain. I'll have to experiment with this on the other characters that the previous string doesn't work on.

Also, looks like the difficult combo should work on Chipp, but I keep fudging it. However, even leaving out the c.S > VCL > c.S portion (so the combo is Stroke(H) > j.D > dj.H > VCL > j.D > VCL > c.S > j.S > j.H > Kdive), I was doing over 250 damage.

Man this string is hard, but it's really damage efficient for little to no meter depending on the set up. I think it should be possible in any circumstance where you catch with c.S in the corner (like after a basic setup into Sdive) and do VCL > FRC to set up j.D at the right distance. Probably not worth using after you've already committed 25% on something like 2S > HCL > 6FRC6 stuff as you'll probably get better damage for the same meter doing the follow ups we already know, but if you caught them in the air with something and did > c.S > VCL > FRC >j.D, or landed CH 2H > Stroke(H), we can do absurd damage for free in the corner now. And that's on top of all of these corner push set-ups that we can do with double/super jump height VCL > airdash j.K.

Edited by TheRealBobMan

I'd just like to mention that stroke the big tree doesn't hit all that often against people who know the matchup

Of course it does. Just not in predictable strings. It is strongest when used in stagger, empty jump, shrouded by note, after Airdash string, and frame traps. Plus now the mixup continues even AFTER the H STBT if it's blocked.

Plus if you are mixing S and H versions to mess with ppls reactions, as well as the FRC points, you can rely on it as one of her best tools.

If stroke is getting blown up consistently in gameplay, you might be being too telegraphed/predictable.

And I mentioned earlier that you can combo into it off of CH 5H/2H.

Also, you can go into this string from stuff other than Stroke(H). I just want to learn the dj.H > late VCL > j.D > VCL > c.S > VCL > c.S part, and Stroke(H) is an easy starter to do that with. I still need to try off of j.S > dj.H, but I know that you can get it off of c.S (against airborne) > VCL > FRC j.D. There's lots of ways to set up this combo (or other efficient variations like the Millia one), so help me experiment. I don't have lots of time or I'd be posting more stuff at once in a more organized fashion. Right now I just want to share what I've figured out to see if anyone else can add to it. Oh, and you can do this off of TK Fortissimo, but it's hard to link j.D unless Fortissimo was done at near minimum TK height.

This loop is hard. Some characters are easier than others. There's a very big window going most of the attacks into other attacks, and you generally have to time each hit to a specific frame or two of that window or a hit 3-4 moves down the list wont connect. Vs some characters like Justice and Chipp you have to jump forward both times, but vs May and Bridget you jump forward with j.D and straight up with j.H. May/Bridget seem to be way more lenient to do this on because their hitboxes allow you to use this method. Justice wasn't that bad, but vs Baiken it was like delayed j.D > instant dj.H > instant VCL > j.D just before hitting the ground > late VCL. By the time I get to here, if I've even made it this far, it's hard to time the simple c.S > VCL > c.S!

We just got new ways to do meterless corner push. Might as well go all the way and find slightly more optimized meterless character specific damage. We can get better damage if we spend meter, but not by all that much relative to the meter spent. If for no other reason, play around with this combo string because it looks damn sexy. Someone needs to put it in a combo video.

*Edit*

Realized this will probably work off of CH 6H 2nd hit. Oh the damage! Can't wait to get home!

*Edit*

This setup works on OS, and while I don't think we can get the c.S > VCL > c.S part, we can for sure get the j.H > VCL > j.D > VCL > c.S. Just follow up into immediate diveloop I guess. Still good damage.

Edited by TheRealBobMan

I'm about 50 % with landing this stuff , Is there a way to consistently hit this?

It's almost like the timing is random even though I am varying the jumpcancel speed and direction based on the character... The part that's giving me trouble is the second j.D hitting into VCL ..it's tricky...

Never mind you just have to Delay it on some characters .. yeah this is gunna need its own section lol cause its like different for everyone :v::toot:

But DA DAMAGE DOEEEEEE!:yaaay:

Edited by SIne

Order Sol:

6P > c.S > sj.S > sj.H > VCL > Pdive > dash j.S > VCL > c.S > j.S > j.H > Kdive

178 damage

Alternatively, you can just land after the VCL and catch with c.S into whatever. Both strings seems to be suboptimal, but if there's a way to catch with j.S or j.D after the VCL, we can maybe do better meterless damage than normal. Or it might work out better than normal to go into a dive loop at the end instead of simple knockdown (I'm grinding out those super jumps right now!)

Well actually... while this starter isn't ideal (still just figuring out the VCL loop part), 6P > c.S > j.S > j.H > Sdive does 110. 6P > c.S > sj.S > sj.H > VCL does 113.

Going into Pdive does less initial damage than landing into c.S, but you do higher damage follow ups sooner (skipping the weak j.S). I think this is still better damage than what we'd normally get. You can also go into Sdive instead of Pdive in the first combo I mentioned, but getting the c.S catch is hard on OS (getting it on Chipp).

Essentially, we can use VCL in place of Sdive now. The difference is only 5 more damage (and less meter!), but we get follow ups out of j.D that we didn't really have before, and follow ups to VCL that sometimes go INTO j.D (and back into VCL), which is what we want for damage maximization without meter.

Also, the full sexy loop works on Jam. Looks like it should work on all lightweights (sans Baiken until we figure that one out), and maybe 1-2 middle weights if we drop out the c.S > VCL > c.S part. Otherwise the corner push is more beneficial since the damage is negligible or less than what we already had.

MORE VS MAY

6P > c.S > j.S > j.H > VCL > j.D (timing on the j.D at the end is really strict) > VCL > c.S > whatever

6P > c.S > sj.S > sj.H > VCL > j.D (easier) VCL > c.S > whatever

6P > c.S (jump install )> sj.S > sj.H > VCL > j.D > dj.H > VCL > j.D (but at this point I can't get VCL to connect... will experiment further and try it on Bridget but this ultra-sexy version probably wont go anywhere. It's not even as damaging as the one before it since going into j.D early leads to more damage, but after putting all this effort in I want some UNNECESSARY FLASH)

Edited by TheRealBobMan

You can't jump install from 6p

The c.S is super jump installed from the notation.

Just moved the "(jump install)" part over to make it more obvious, and included "sj.S" which I forgot to put in. c.S wont link to j.H.

*Edit*

Forget what I said earlier. There's plenty of time to confirm Stroke(H) off of CH 5H/2H. It wasn't mentioned in the AC wiki, but the +R wiki lists the values for extra hit-pause on CH. Lvl 5 moves get +12, so you're looking at 27 frames of hit-confirm time. Meterless cornerpush combos all day off of CH 2H/5H. If you're using the 2P > Tick throw / 2P > 2H frametrap, you'll probably get plenty of these.

Also, while it's probably never worth going for, there's enough floorslide on CH Kdive to just barely go into Stroke(H) if you hit them airborne while you're low to the ground. Flashy, but really impractical.

Edited by TheRealBobMan

My combos from the other thread... (all vs slayer)

2k cS 2d hcl js vcl 5k hcl cs vcl js jh pdive js jk kdive = 149

2k 6p stbt s 5k hcl jh vcl (frc) walk forward cs js jh pdive js jk kdive = 148

cs 2s 2d hcl js vcl cs hcl js vcl js jh pdive js jk kdive = 225

2s hcl js vcl js jh hcl jh pdive hcl jh pdive kdive = 228

[cs hcl js vcl] x2 walk forward [cs hcl js vcl] x2 cs hcl = 254

stbt h pdive js jh sdive 5k hcl js vcl js jh hcl jh pdive hcl jh pdive kdive = 196

stbt h pdive hcl jh pdive hcl jh vcl [cs hcl js vcl] x2 hcl = 228

uf jh pdive hcl jh pdive hcl jh vcl hcl = 280

2S HCL FRC jS VCL 5K HCL FRC jS VCL [cS VCL FRC jS VCL] x2 HCL = 239

6H 5K HCL FRC jH VCL cS jS jH PDIVE jH PDIVE jS jH KDIVE = 230

6P 5H jH PDIVE HCL FRC jH PDIVE HCL FRC jH VCL cS jS jH HCL FRC jH PDIVE KDIVE = 230

jS cS 6P STBT S 5K HCL FRC jS VCL 5H jH PDIVE jH PDIVE jS jH KDIVE = 194

STBT H HCL FRC jH VCL [cS VCL FRC jS VCL] x3 HCL = 230

STBT H UF jH PDIVE jS VCL FRC jS VCL cS VCL FRC jS VCL cS HCL = 244

VS HOS STBT H 5K HCL FRC jH VCL [cS VCL FRC jS VCL] x3 HCL = 225

Edited by Pestilence

Thank you guys for these combos and the really helpful Wiki! Yesterday evening I spent 3 hours learning simple stuff and that has not happened in a long time :D GG combos are tight! I welcome you too, Xrd I-No.

Sign in to follow this