Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phrekwenci

Today is a new day, I'm your new Zappa mod.

Hey folks, the staff at Dustloop has appointed me as new moderator to the forum. Considering the dormant history of the Zappa forums I can't imagine we need much moderation but I know we've been talking for a while about cleaning up what we have. I could use everyone's help with suggestions on how we could make our little space better.

Maybe we should get fresh threads for +R stuff?

Also to many threads with the same purpose, like combo threads... I'd like to see the zappa forum a little bit more alive, but I guess content is needed for that : (

Maybe we should get fresh threads for +R stuff?

Also to many threads with the same purpose, like combo threads... I'd like to see the zappa forum a little bit more alive, but I guess content is needed for that : (

You're absolutely right. In the coming days, I'll do some work to make things a bit more structured. Thought I would like some ideas (like yours about a combo thread) to make Zappa info more accessible.

Another renovation of the Zappa Love series would be great honestly. That could neatly cover so much stuff for zappa in just one thread.

Another renovation of the Zappa Love series would be great honestly. That could neatly cover so much stuff for zappa in just one thread.

That's your thread so couldn't you do the renovation for it? We can have one for +R but not many of us have the game so I'd like to wait a bit until we get some more understanding about how the changes affect the gameplay.

Yeah I don't have the game either. I've played it with friends and am having a blast with it. But I really have had to opportunity to really sit down and test it out.

Yeah I don't have the game either. I've played it with friends and am having a blast with it. But I really have had to opportunity to really sit down and test it out.

Yeah, me too. I'm afraid the first time I'll ever get to play it is going to be at a tournament :ZA:

Yeah, me too. I'm afraid the first time I'll ever get to play it is going to be at a tournament :ZA:

Yea the guys here in NY have put ACR as the tournament game now instead of AC so I'm hesitant about going.

I hope that you do a thread like this one...

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?12897-My-Ky-Trade-Secrets-thread

...of course it's about unchanged ideas or tricks.. that is still possible to use in R+

and...mmm a general question...can you give tips that helps to learn how to use the dog summon effectively...i had hard time even controlling it..

I hope that you do a thread like this one...

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?12897-My-Ky-Trade-Secrets-thread

...of course it's about unchanged ideas or tricks.. that is still possible to use in R+

and...mmm a general question...can you give tips that helps to learn how to use the dog summon effectively...i had hard time even controlling it..

That sounds like a cool idea. I'm sort of waiting for +R to be available for everyone so that people can play and confirm things before we go nuts rearranging. I think a thread for each summon might be a good idea too and perhaps we can incorporate the "tricks" into each one of those threads.

Hey guys, I'll be creating new threads soon for AC+R, the Xbox360 version got the update recently. There's a lot of changes as you might know but just as a teaser here's a few things:

Naked: the 6HS doesn't go as far as it used to and the f5S puddle seems to have more range (remember it knocks down now).

Dog: Lots more pushback; the dog dive isn't good now when in the corner. It seems the only thing that will really get the dog close in the corner is the 8D or maybe 4D, 6D and have the dog jump "over" them.

Sword: I need weeks to figure all this out but as I suspected there are some attacks that move the sword in a direction for you, I'll have a listing in the real thread.

Ghosts: Very interesting thing I found, any ghost attack can gatling into another. That means 5HS, 5S, 6S works but you can only gatling 3 ghosts until you run out of ghosts to attack with. Then you'll need to do a special move (like a toss) or go back to a normal move (which is difficult because of pushback).

Raoh: The only real changes are the air special moves and we've seen some cool stuff with that already. Also there's a new Darkness Anthem followup with HS (slow and half screen)

Oh man. I was so busy with stuff I didn't even realize this came out.

Loving it so far, zappa is a whole new can of worms now. I'll pitch in with any help as it's needed. The dog got nerfed pretty bad, it's really difficult to do anything with him now. Even a basic combo is wonky. I thought it was just me being out of practice but after I read your comments on it I realize that the pushback changes really hurt him. So loops are either really difficult or impossible now, from what I can tell. Still, the dog is still good obviously, just can't get crazy long combos anymore.

I'll do some practice and try to condense my thoughts of this together here or in whatever love thread we come up with to try and keep everything together.

I've been very busy with graduate classes at school so I haven't gotten a chance you really go over everything we have. I'm almost inclined to simply make new threads and start from scratch with AC+R info (since the game is in many of our hands now). I should be free this weekend to start cleaning.

As for the dog. I was re-watching some of the top Zappa players in AC+R, and you can see them having a lot of trouble with the dog in the corner. One of the tactics that Chonari was using in the corner was using 6D while Zappa jumped in with jP then whiffed the 8D to move the dog closer and came down with jS land into standard gatling. Really complicated maneuver for hardly good results. It seems there's a shift of focus to having the dog midscreen rather than in the corner.

Case in point (seriously watch this).

Oh man that proration too. He was hitting for like, 1 damage by the 10th hit. Ouch. Yeah dog is a shadow of his former glory... Sword is ridiculous now though, I feel kinda defenseless if they get past it somehow though.

Yes, I feel the same way with the sword. We'll have to get more practice with it to be effective but I feel the jumping sword moves my be a key to some success along with the specials that reset position.

know your FRC point on sword DP... (its still there isnt it? i havent had a chance to really play at all)

Yes the sword uppercut still has a FRC. Actually all sword special moves have an FRC point now, including the air somersault. I haven't figured out the timing on that yet but it's supposed to make for a safe landing.

i thought i remembered hearing that its like super early in the move... but that was like a year ago so who knows... i still need to download the update... damnit real life, back off for a bit, 'kay?

From the grave I rise. Good to have you around Phrek. I don't really play much of anything anymore, but it's good to see Zappa continues to get the love.

I haven't figured out the timing on that yet but it's supposed to make for a safe landing.

Neither could I, so I spent the afternoon making a little guide on the sword FRCs. The reference images are the first FRC'able frame, and apologies for the weird video speed, but the youtube playback speed thing is strange.

The FRC point for 623H (the DP) and 63214H (the slash) always begin on the same frame after startup regardless of where the sword and/or opponent are in relation to Zappa. 623H always begins on the 13th frame from when you hit H, and 63214H always begins on the 17th frame

If the sword is right next to Zappa, this is what you'll be looking at:

2e0pppl.png

But sometimes you could be looking at something like this:

14447d.png

The best visual cue for the DP is just before the little blood splash reaches its peak.

The FRC point for 63214H always begins on the 17th frame, which looks like this:

28aksuu.png

THe FRC point for j. 236H always begins on the first grounded recovery frame, which gives him a funky animation:

34yxjjp.png

His sword charge (236S) is probably the weirdest, the FRC point begins on frame 15 AFTER the move actually makes contact. Its' actually pretty easy to execute since the correct frames are just as he touches the ground again.

296i23d.png

I can't tell you exactly how many frames the FRC points are, but I can say that 623H and j. 236H are at least three frame windows, and 63214H I was able to successfully FRC as late as frame 22, so it's a pretty large window.

Here's a reference video if you want to see everything in slow motion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYOoTIbV1O4

Great post 9:02 PM, could you duplicate this in the practical AC+R thread? Also your youtube video is private, can you change it to unlisted?

From the grave I rise. Good to have you around Phrek. I don't really play much of anything anymore, but it's good to see Zappa continues to get the love.

OMG HE'S ALIVE!?

Great post 9:02 PM, could you duplicate this in the practical AC+R thread? Also your youtube video is private, can you change it to unlisted?

There's always that little detail...

And yes.