Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimsley-San

We Need an Arcana Heart 3 Section

134 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Dustloop to cover Examu and French Bread titles?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care either way.

Already voted yes. i personally think this is a good idea. I sure would like to contribute to the DFC section if that comes into fruition. There are so many good games that hardly get enough recognition and are being slept on. I just hope this helps make the scenes for these respective games grow in positive ways.

I'm here to support the bigger picture and for video games I personally like, AH3 and UNIEL makes  the list. Truth be told there will be more activity in these forums then HomingCancel and MeltyBread combined.

Hi, I think this is good and everybody should say yes.

Really though, I think it will be good for the community, it makes dustloop a one stop shop for all anime FG info. I mean the Philly AH3/anime scene has seen the growth first hand from just posting on here instead of homing cancel.

I didn't even know there was still a scene for AH.  If people play it I don't see why not.

I'd like for this to be a thing, but Idk how well it'll do and I don't want another Skullgirls forum.

P.S. Saying you'll want to mod something doesn't help btw. You need a lot of people posting content, and we'd want to see people doing mod worthy stuff first anyways.

Voted yes for all the reasons Tigre posted. :) In particular, I think it'll be great if people could just have one account on one site to discuss anime games, rather than having to register on and hop between multiple sites.

another thing i'm worried about is that this opens up the floodgates to everyone asking for "their" games  to be featured on dustloop.

already in this thread, i saw posts asking for Melty Blood, Chaos Code, DFC, and Ougon to be added as well...

privately i've also been asked to add a section for yatagarasu too!

I understand and that's a very valid concern (one that has been brought up to me a few times when I've kicked around ideas like this). I can't (nor would I ever) tell you what to do here, this is your forum. The decision ultimately comes down to the staff here.

The only input I can give is that I feel like AH3LM and UNIEL belong on this forum, both from a gameplay standpoint as well as a community standpoint. We share a lot of members between games (Waiting for a player to get done a set in BB/GG/P4U to play AH3 or MB is a fact of running majors for me. I don't expect that to change when I'm running AH3LM and UNIEL), and they share similarities with the other "anime" games on this site. I can't say the same for Yatagarasu (plays like a Street Fighter IIII version), Chaos Code (closer to King of Fighters), and Ougon, I honestly don't think that game has anything to gain from having an expanded forum. The last time I saw someone play that was RogueYoshi mashing training mode at GhostCobras at the AH3 vanilla launch mash session he held. DFC, I honestly don't know. I can see it sharing a large portion of the userbase on this forum as well.

It would be amazing to have a spot for all of these poverty games, but I don't know that they fit in as closely with this community as the LM or UNIEL, but honestly it's up to the discretion of the staff.

All the games would mean all the back end and mod support(already an issue). I'd be cool with a couple games, but the "this game too" thing could get out of hand. Not trying to mess with anything (I'd love more games), just being realistic in thinking about it.

I'll support the idea of cover these two titles.  While it's hard to say if it's going to stay active, it'll probably be good to use these titles to test the waters again regarding outside games.

While Examu and French Bread had their own forums/sites that are long inactive, there was still at least interest for their respective games at one point.  Hopefully having it concentrated all in DL will revive things. 

I'm on the UNIEL subforum train :v:

A lot of Melty Blood players need a known place in the FG community (for UNIEL and other games too) for been active and helpful, just like Dustloop is.

I would support subforums for AH3LM and UNIB but not Dengeki. I don't feel like the latter game is really going to go anywhere competitively. A bunch of people will jump on it at first because of the recognizable characters, but they will probably wear it out quickly, similar to Aquapazza and Jojo ASB. The forum should at least take a "wait and see" approach with the game.

AH3LM especially deserves one, because it's been confirmed for a physical US release and is part of a well-established series.

Let's see, here are the pros and cons of this decision for me:

+ There is clearly a lot of people who are passionate about these games here, meaning that the subforums won't be dead on arrival.

+ Out of all major fighting game message boards, Dustloop is the one that cares about them the most.

+ Both games are well-supported by their developers, meaning that they won't suddenly die from the lack of updates.

- The competition between fighting games is heavy nowadays, so even with all the information floating around, people might prefer to attend bigger and more popular tournaments instead.

- Accepting these games as "Dustloop territory" would mean Dustloop's first voyage beyond the ASW franchises (Skullgirls got in thanks to Mike Z, and even then, it didn't last long).

- More subforums means more work for the admins and moderators, even if it might not bear any fruit.

For me, the pros outweigh the cons, but I realize that simply voting for these forums doesn't require much effort. I believe that there are better ways of showing your support for this decision, be it updating the wikis, having offline meet-ups or simply discussing the games in their respective threads. Basically, I'm going to be one of the people who might use these subforums, but probably not the one who's going to contribute that much to them. If an opinion of someone like that still matters, then we should've had these forums made a long time ago, but then again, I'd say the same thing about Aquapazza and lots of other games.

another thing i'm worried about is that this opens up the floodgates to everyone asking for "their" games  to be featured on dustloop.

already in this thread, i saw posts asking for Melty Blood, Chaos Code, DFC, and Ougon to be added as well...

Sorry the Ougon thingy was a joke lol

But the poll pretty much implies AH3LM and UNIEL only, so...

tricky matter to follow. right now I only think the idea is only plausible due to ASW handing game ports. outside of that though dustloop seem to be dedicted to ASW stuff. While dustloop haves "other games" sub forurms, its actvity is minisucle compare other sources (skull girls, gundam in particular ) 

I think dustloop will be over extending it self to make dedicated sub forums of the games in question. Unless dustloop is ambitious enough to be the Next Kusoge King, I think dustloop should stick to its guns. 

tricky matter to follow. right now I only think the idea is only plausible due to ASW handing game ports.

There's a rather active Gundam Extreme VS board here, so the idea of including new games is not novel for DL (skullgirls and VSav are on DL too)

I've been musing over this throughout the day and been thinking about how the shift towards social media has changed fighting game communities. People discuss matchups, framedata, situational punishes and so on all the time in Twitter, Facebook groups and so on. Such sites have excellent regional search functions, making it pretty easy to  go hunting for local groups in between bouts of Farmville and hitting the Like Button next to someone's joke about Rob Stark getting shanked or whatever the cool kids do. We can attract people to local groups easier, but have lost a certain permanency to information as it's found.

Permanent information can pretty much come in three forms for fighting games:

1) Official mooks with framedata etc.

2) Discussions amongst players leading to information consolidated on wikis/fancy fan-made guidebooks like that one SF4 Makoto one.

3) Video records to demonstrate the theory constructed from the above two sources in an easily digestible way.

These are things we need to help ease newcomers into learning the games themselves. These are the things that the growing amount of one-off discussions and region-based groups can't really help with.

What I'm getting at is that we need less splintered websites causing information to get lost in the wilderness. We need to have the airdash games on a single site so we can more easily say to people "this is where you go to get info and have discussions. Just this one address should get you started". Dustloop already has the largest install base, so it should be easier to have the few cool cats on Melty Bread, Homing Cancel and so on post here than to move things elsewhere. KusogeKings is a pretty good demonstration of what happens if you try to include all the forums for games without having any sort of established reputation or userbase. From there, we really need to make sure we used the single hub as a way to get the ball rolling for real on converting ideas from discussions into useful information for players. It'll take effort, but that's what fighters are all about.

Why not just create a sort of "trial run" for these sections.

Create a sub-forum for Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!! in the Misc Fighters sections [much in the same way Hokuto was prior to it being moved but constructed in the same manner in the Misc ARC fighters section] so that threads related to the title can at least be centralized. Then let it run for hmm, 3 months? And if you are satisfied with self moderation, information compilation, and community growth in that period you can put it up to a more informed vote of whether or not to expand it to the levels of other main featured titles?

The same could be done with Under Night in-Birth [closer to release, and possibly after AH's trial run] which I honestly believe is the stronger of the two candidates in this topic due to its fresh status and lack of firmly established information.

I like having AH3 forums remain on Homingcancel.com, since it's already established as a site for AH3/EXAMU games. For UNIEL, we've already got Melty Bread and Mayonaka Midnight with subforums for those games so why not try embracing those sites a bit more?

Overall, if both games get added to Dustloop I'd welcome the change regardless. Most of the info I get on fighting games come from Twitter, FB and Wikis anyway. 

* Just read SolxBaiken's suggestion and like that idea too*

I like having AH3 forums remain on Homingcancel.com, since it's already established as a site for AH3/EXAMU games. For UNIEL, we've already got Melty Bread and Mayonaka Midnight with subforums for those games so why not try embracing those sites a bit more?

Overall, if both games get added to Dustloop I'd welcome the change regardless. Most of the info I get on fighting games come from Twitter, FB and Wikis anyway. 

* Just read SolxBaiken's suggestion and like that idea too*

As we've said a few times, those sites get very little traffic and even less discussion. As the most active moderator on Homing Cancel, I can say I get, at most, one to two posts a day to moderate -- most days there are no new posts. Most of the discussion and match making that our community does is on Dustloop now.

We're mostly past the point of discussing if this is worth happening (we've decided it is), it's now just up to the administrative body of DL to decide if they want to do it. If they are in favor of it, then we need to decide how it should be done. I do like SolxBaiken's idea -- that's the direction I think it should go in. A place for discussion would be great for both AH3LM and UNiEL -- we don't need an ENTIRE sub-forum section broken out.

right now my thinking is if we do this, ah3 and uniel would get subsections like vsav and gundam, not full sections like bb/gg/p4 to reduce the amount of staff i would need to manage.

edit: also i don't want any other games added... if the misc section gets 7 layers deep... we're going to have a problem. we already have a section dedicated to misc fighting games!

That would work perfectly for me, like I said before anything I can do to make this happen I'm on board to do.

I want to give a big thank you to the staff for even hearing this out too!

It's true that Melty Bread and Homing Cancel have been ghost towns for a long time now. It might ultimately be better for all parties involved if they were able to collectively shift their resources onto a single site.

I lurked Dustloop, but I had to register just to say yes to this.