Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimsley-San

We Need an Arcana Heart 3 Section

134 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Dustloop to cover Examu and French Bread titles?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care either way.

To keep it short. Note that i am a player actively interested in UNIEL and actively playing ah since ah1 release.

Pros to this: Exposure, potential quality control, keeping 'similiar' games in 1 easy location, there is overlap between arc games and UNIEL/AH3

Cons to this: If forums dont do well it will reflect badly on the game, splitting interest between other forums and this one, shitstorm of 'my game too' requests, trying to move a community to a new location isnt easy.

I voted neutral in the matter. Thats my TLDR view on the situation though.

Just my 2 cents.

I definitely support this.  At least a trial run for this would be great.  HC is dead, but you can tell that when it was at its peak it was pretty active.  Maybe a sub section here along with LM is what the game needs to revive the community.

I'm Not oppose to the idea of supporting these games but as said im not sure Dustllop is ready to take this mantle. If the already establish place like Meltybread and Homing cancel are doomed than we need to  this single hub ofr al anime games. (this mean icluding every single game unconditionally like Kusoge king is doing) In fact i think we need to make Kusoging king that hub. It hasnt receive much activity but I think spreading the word will do it.

But if Dustloop does take it on, more power to them.

In fact i think we need to make Kusoge Kings that hub. It hasnt receive much activity but I think spreading the word will do it.

Two issues with that. Firstly dustloop is an established community with good recognized branding, with an established player base that has their hands in the jar for these two games already. If the staff needs more resources for this to happen Nadakai (currently the only active mod/admin on HC) and myself (Probably the most active TO/Community organizer for AH3 in the country) are more than happy to step up and do all of the footwork. We were going to do it anyway so we may as well produce  the content for a larger audience.

Secondly, That means we need to work towards branding a still new, small community, that's exactly what I want to try to avoid.

Pretty much what Tigre said. Dustloop is already an established forum, as well as having users that have interest in these games. Since the main goal is to find a strong central hub for these games, there's very little benefit in attempting to move to another forum that gets less traffic than Melty Bread / HomingCancel to begin with.

Neither is Jewpuncher. :v: KK's an attempt to have a forum for all the poverty games, but is suffering immensely from lack of awareness and interest from the people who do play the games in tabulating data.

I like the idea, in my case I've been playing GG, BB, P4A and AH3 for years now, and gonna be playing UNIEL when it hits the consoles. It is indeed better to have all the info and forums in one site, and the 5 games are somehow related to ASW (be it developer or publisher). However, I do agree that if it is decided to make extensions for these 2 games, it has to be a test subforum to test the waters.

I still visit HC for AH3 discussion, but it's definitely slow/dead there most of the time. I don't know if giving Examu games a dedicated section here would be good or not, but I wouldn't be upset about seeing someone give it a shot.

I'm going to mention that I don't use Twitter or Facebook at all and completely rely on forums for game-related discussion. I know that there are more than a few others like me.

I've discussed this with some staff members before and another suggestion would be the creation of a new Dustloop forum division, and by that I mean a new forum, for these new/non-ASW games. The idea is to house other games and give them proper support and quality without interfering with this main site's affairs.

It would be pretty much an extention of Dustloop and not just "another site" that came out of nowhere. Think of it as expanding the business to attract new clients.

I'm going to mention that I don't use Twitter or Facebook at all and completely rely on forums for game-related discussion. I know that there are more than a few others like me.

Almost this: I'm in Facebooks groups about ASW and French Bread games, but most of the time I come to Dustloop.

Almost this: I'm in Facebooks groups about ASW and French Bread games, but most of the time I come to Dustloop.

This is pretty much me as well.

AH has homingcancel.com and UNIB has meltybread.com

i see no reason to compete with them. also just because a game is on dustloop isn't a guarantee of activity, see skullgirls when it was a fully featured game here.

But homing cancel is quite dead and UNIB seems to have more discussion here