Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimsley-San

Your pet-peeves netplaying.

I used to hate every brain-dead Ragna I fought as a Relius, I used felt outgunned in every way, my pokes were shorter and slower, his priorities on his moves were better too. Whenever I'd learn their patterns they would always Inferno Divider spam. This made my unblockable setups useless, which too, gave him another advantage. To demonstrate my hatred of ID I would always save a burst for rounds when we'd both be at a sliver of health and Gold burst him for the kill combo.

Nowadays I bait IDs and other reversals like it better and now those fights, which gave me so much salt before, are hilarious. I tell you there's no better feeling than Led Leys-ing an ID countering with 3C and then Led Leys-ing the Ragna's panic burst.

XD I use relius and I honestly don;t use led ley all that much, If I do however it feels satisfying countering my opponent's tricks.

I have respect for these people if they are nice, but most are dicks.

Yo~

---

as for me... while I tend to laugh at it-- i do thoroughly dislike ppl who ragequit and ppl who one-and-done

purple grabs too... I dunno why but I just hate em... even tho they are so easy to tech... every time i see one -- im like : really? really thats all you got?

On the other hand I tend to enjoy trolling -- as long as the other player can do it right-- especially taunts -- LOVE those... always gets me goin!

aka mac 1st rnd corpse stomping gold bursts... rofl...

It's defiantly a tool that deserves abuse, especially if you can dash input it, or use it off instant block. While DPs are the obvious choice, pay attention to the recovery of your opponents moves, if a move doesn't hit it can't be cancelled into anything else and the opponent will have to wait until the move is completely done recovering.

Extra points if your opponent used said attack while relying on a rapid cancel. (I'm looking at you, hell's fang. And soon enough, you too Terumi)

People who intentionally don't finish you off just so they can turtle the rest of the round to prove a point about how good they are.

I... tend to do this sometimes. Is it that bad?

Well personally, it's annoying to deal with when hardly anyone comes into my room and makes it hard to improve when I'm only getting like 3 matches a day. It's just more reasons why playing vs randoms is a bad idea but I want to be more open to more playstyles.

My biggest gripe would be that StayFree can read my mind and toy with how I play my matchup against him. More like a psychological mind fuckery. But it's been do long to the point where I got used to it.

It's why I call him the "Human cheatcode."

I think I remembered my worst peeve with BB. Being within one hit of winning, then boom reversal gold burst. I despise gold bursts lol.

One can block a DP and retaliate, but gold bursts are plus on block for some god forsaken reason.

I don't see the point of corpse beating someone. By winning you've already proven (proved?) to them that you are better; why do you need to make them feel terrible about losing?

Normally I'm farily meh about the whole corpse beating thing though, as in I don't get mad when it happens to me.

This only becomes a pet peeve when really skilled or experienced players do it to fuck with/show their dominance over people who are new to the game. That's just evil. Your opponent hasn't had the time to accumulate the knowledge or skills to compete with you yet. That would be like a grown man beating an 8 year old in basketball and then rubbing the kid's face in it.

And don't get me started on the people who suck and still do this to newbies. It is likely that the ONLY reason they can beat their opponent is because of inexperience.

I think I remembered my worst peeve with BB. Being within one hit of winning, then boom reversal gold burst. I despise gold bursts lol.

One can block a DP and retaliate, but gold bursts are plus on block for some god forsaken reason.

How about when you bait a green burst and it turns into a gold burst because they did it late?

This only becomes a pet peeve when really skilled or experienced players do it to fuck with/show their dominance over people who are new to the game. That's just evil.

Just as a small heads up, not all "corpse beaters" are doing it on purpose. I knew a friend who practiced his combo routes so much and developed such incredible muscle memory that he was not consciously aware that he had already won the match. It was a habit of his and he really wasn't doing it on purpose. Then again, I knew him and played him in offline VS. but I can imagine that you can't have that assurance online.

also a minor pet peeve, unless it's for fun, unlimited characters online >.> I admit when I first got it I got owned by my friend's unlimiteds, but again it was for fun. XD and sometimes unlimited vs unlimited is really fun if ya know the character's new tricks,strengths,etc. :P

Just as a small heads up, not all "corpse beaters" are doing it on purpose. I knew a friend who practiced his combo routes so much and developed such incredible muscle memory that he was not consciously aware that he had already won the match. It was a habit of his and he really wasn't doing it on purpose. Then again, I knew him and played him in offline VS. but I can imagine that you can't have that assurance online.

DP > round ends >RC >DP >RC >DP

<3

Would you mind if I asked you to elaborate?

The nicer people who are more skilled than you will gladly keep playing with you, tell you something you are doing wrong in a nice way, and are usually just there to have fun. And they congratulate you when you do actually achieve a win.

The mean-spirited players, on the other hand, are the complete opposite. They rub it in your face when they are leagues better than you are, show it off ten fold, and will usually quit after you lost once or twice, leaving you with a nasty message afterward. And when you win, they just insult you some more.

Yeah I understand just continuing your combos because of muscle memory, I thought errbody did that.

I do remember one guy got mad at me because I did 5CC > Particle Flare to kill when I could have done 5CC > air combo instead. Whenever I go straight into PF to kill it's because I don't want to risk dropping the air combo in high proration + lag. I've lost too many close ones that way.

DP > round ends >RC >DP >RC >DP

<3

I said not everyone parades your corpse like a sandbag XD. Though I still fondly remember using Haku-men's 6B stomp in CT against any Nu-13 that I beat just for the extra stress relief. Ooohhhh, that's another pet peeve: Drive spamming Nu-13s and Lambchops. Especially when they're not even the good kind of spam (5DD>4DD then repeat).

I do remember one guy got mad at me because I did 5CC > Particle Flare to kill when I could have done 5CC > air combo instead. Whenever I go straight into PF to kill it's because I don't want to risk dropping the air combo in high proration + lag. I've lost too many close ones that way.

If he got mad because of some superficial rule he tried to impose because he lost, then he's a spineless scrub who couldn't take a loss if his life depended on it. Got killed by a 5CC>PF? Tough spit pardner! You don't get a choice on how you get handed your defeat.

I said not everyone parades your corpse like a sandbag XD. Though I still fondly remember using Haku-men's 6B stomp in CT against any Nu-13 that I beat just for the extra stress relief. Ooohhhh, that's another pet peeve: Drive spamming Nu-13s and Lambchops. Especially when they're not even the good kind of spam (5DD>4DD then repeat).

Nothing wrong with stomping them for being a cheapass, lol. They pretty much deserve it if they are deliberately being cheap.

If he got mad because of some superficial rule he tried to impose because he lost, then he's a spineless scrub who couldn't take a loss if his life depended on it. Got killed by a 5CC>PF? Tough spit pardner! You don't get a choice on how you get handed your defeat.

reminds me of my first time using arakune against my buddy's hakumen...ACCIDENTAL ASTRAL HEAT FINISH! XD

Nothing wrong with stomping them for being a cheapass, lol. They pretty much deserve it if they are deliberately being cheap.

It's not so much about being cheap (it really isn't). Just...utterly insulting to the potential of a character. Especially when they don't even TRY other kinds of movement like jumping. Nope. They just stand there like some FPS turret firing in a predesignated pattern. If I wanted to fight bots I'd go elsewhere.

Another thing- GETTING MESSAGES IN THE MIDDLE OF AN INTENSE FIGHT.

Or pretty much any other kind of distraction, doesn't necessarily have to be the system.

Phone calls from gf while I am playing? Plenty annoying.

and will usually quit after you lost once or twice,

Another thing I hate is when people beat you one time and then instantly switch to their sub, as if to say: There's no way you'll ever beat my main, so there's no point in me using him at all.

And even if you start beating their sub sometimes they won't switch back because they want to get revenge with their sub, argh.

I've been double perfected by people and then ended up beating them the next match (against their main). At least give me a chance for redemption.

The nicer people who are more skilled than you will gladly keep playing with you, tell you something you are doing wrong in a nice way, and are usually just there to have fun. And they congratulate you when you do actually achieve a win.

The mean-spirited players, on the other hand, are the complete opposite. They rub it in your face when they are leagues better than you are, show it off ten fold, and will usually quit after you lost once or twice, leaving you with a nasty message afterward. And when you win, they just insult you some more.

Most of the really good players I run into are alright, the worst that happens is they leave after 3 or 4 matches. I can't really fault them for that if I'm not able to present them with any sort of challenge. More than a few have been willing to play with me for long sets, sometimes for a couple hours straight and I've gotten a decent amount of feedback/advice in different games.

I've found that most of the obnoxious, or as you say mean-spirited players are more on a intermediate level, think they know a lot more than they do and tend to be really arrogant about it. And they do get pretty annoying. I find it irritating when that type of player immediately picks the character I just played to "show me how it's done", though most of the time when people do that they don't know how it's done.

Another thing I hate is when people beat you one time and then instantly switch to their sub, as if to say: There's no way you'll ever beat my main, so there's no point in me using him at all.

Yeah, if I wanted revenge, I want it against the character he was using to beat me, not his sub.

stuff.

AMEN!

I don't see the point of corpse beating someone. By winning you've already proven (proved?) to them that you are better; why do you need to make them feel terrible about losing?

Normally I'm farily meh about the whole corpse beating thing though, as in I don't get mad when it happens to me.

This only becomes a pet peeve when really skilled or experienced players do it to fuck with/show their dominance over people who are new to the game. That's just evil. Your opponent hasn't had the time to accumulate the knowledge or skills to compete with you yet. That would be like a grown man beating an 8 year old in basketball and then rubbing the kid's face in it.

And don't get me started on the people who suck and still do this to newbies. It is likely that the ONLY reason they can beat their opponent is because of inexperience.

How about when you bait a green burst and it turns into a gold burst because they did it late?

I love corpse beating, but it's more of a celebration than having to do with the opponent.

CT used to let you do it for like 2 hours, it was great.