Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VR-Raiden

[+R] Sol vs. Justice

Use this thread to discuss the vs. Justice matchup in +R.

I will be editing this first post with information on the matchup soon.

Match Start:
- f.S is a good starter, the only things she can do to beat it are 5P/2P. If she jumps over it, she can't punish you very hard. However, it loses to her counter unless you time it perfectly every time. There is a 2f window to catch her counter (it activates at frame 9), and getting countered is a terrible way to start the match, so only go for it if you can get exact match start timing consistently.

Neutral:
- f.S is strong. Justice has nothing as fast at that range. If she jumps over it, you aren't in as bad a situation as usual either due to her very high jump arc and inability to airdash. She can use her counter special to catch it, but that is a big risk.

- Neutral GF is better than usual for similar reasons. She can't punish easily for jumping over. Keep in mind her bombs will pass right through it.

- Mixing up f.S > 2S whiff, f.S > GF, and f.S > BR is a good way of getting in.

- VV is an effective anti-air in most situations. Her j.H is gigantic and reaches very far below her hurtbox. If done too early, first hit of VV will clash with it. It's also difficult to airthrow her j.H. 2H is also an effective anti-air. Timed properly, it either beats or trades favorably with her jump ins.

- Sol can run under the high horizontal bombs, which helps getting in a lot. The safest way to get by bombs is continuously running under high bombs and dash breaking to block low bombs until you get close enough to be a threat.

- Attempting to jump or airdash over bombs from far away is usually a bad idea, air FD will eat your meter much faster and she can easily meet you in air with rising j.K or otherwise.

- Getting in on Justice will require a good balance of high risk, high reward options at your disposal. Preemptive BB can go over many of her pokes or low bombs and hit. GV can go under most pokes and low bombs, but keep in mind if she detonates early, GV will be hit by the explosion.

- Running 2D can go under low bombs, and if it hits the bomb will disappear so you can safely convert to a combo. 2D can also low profile her f.S.

- Used wisely, IAD j.P is strong since it can hit Justice standing. IAD immediate j.S or j.H (followed by j.P) are also good ways of getting in or punishing a whiff. IAD will get stuffed by high bombs and anti-airs though.

Offense:
- Justice lacks any reversals until she has 50% tension for Michael Blade, which is unsafe on block unless FRC'd. Meaty safejumps combined with dash 5K backdash punish OS shut down almost anything she can do on wake-up.

- Her counter works on non-low attacks but does not activate immediately, so with small enough gaps in pressure it's nothing to worry about. SBT (lightning backflip) is invulnerable to lows.

- j.S > fuzzy j.D works on Justice, unless she instant blocks the first j.S.

- Her Dead Angle is -5, so you can only punish on block at very close range. f.S can punish on instant block. Cancelling to VV causes a clash, cancelling to GV will go under and punish.

- Be wary of her throw while pressuring, it has far range and gives her strong rewards, so it is a likely option for attempting to escape your pressure. Keep up good spacing and be ready to bait it.

Defense:
- Watch for her 6P overhead at close range, such as after a bomb FRC. Also watch for offensive throws in similar situations.

- Meter is important to have for FDing bombs, they do significant chip and guard bar damage.

- Keep in mind the 2nd hit of her 5P is low.

- Her 5D is only -3.

Punishes (on block/reaction):
- Dead Angle is -5, can only punish from very close block without instant blocking.

- Michael Blade is -14. It is completely safe if FRC'd.

- SBT is -10.

Combo Notes:
- Corner throw > 5K does not work, it knocks her down.

- She should be treated as a medium-light weight. Combos feel similar to DI, IN, MI.

I'm pretty sure Justice can counter Sol's f.S at the start of the match. A lot of the time I just block to start the match -- it is by far the safest option, and gives me a chance to react to what Justice is doing.

2H is also an effective AA for Sol in this match. It either beats or trades favorably with every one of Justice's jump ins. Just make sure you don't miss the timing.

On offense, you should be wary of her throw. It is almost like Pot Buster, except it's instant and the range isn't as good. As a result, you should be baiting throw on offense a fair amount, or make sure your spacing is impeccable.

I'm pretty sure Justice can counter Sol's f.S at the start of the match. A lot of the time I just block to start the match -- it is by far the safest option, and gives me a chance to react to what Justice is doing.

hmmm ok I was just going by frame data and trying it a little bit. Haven't really gotten to try in real matches that much. It says the counter activates at frame 9, so that is a pretty small window to hit it I suppose.

hmmm ok I was just going by frame data and trying it a little bit. Haven't really gotten to try in real matches that much. It says the counter activates at frame 9, so that is a pretty small window to hit it I suppose.

After some testing, it looks like you're right. I hadn't read the frame data for Justice that closely, so I guess I just mistimed my opening f.S and thought it lost to counter.

On the other hand, it is 2 frame timing and getting hit by counter is not a good way to start a match. Justice gets a lot of momentum off of it, so it may not be worth the risk unless your timing is consistently good.