Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr.Minionman

[GGACR] Faust Gameplay/Strategy Thread

xhODkCV.gif

I figured Faust needs one for the new game. I can update the OP later if we need it.

Gameplay related discussion for the +R should go here I guess, whereas combo and general stuff go elsewhere.

I know there aren't many people here, but do you guys think FB door is 9 frame startup total? Frame data says 9, but I'm not sure if that counts pulling yourself under the rug.

so I have no idea what the threshold is if you maybe press D later, or at the first possible second. 9 frames seems way too fast, but if that's not it, then do we just have an estimate as to how fast it can actually be?

I've been using it to punish Robo-Ky's air missles, and I've been trying to determine if it's a solid reaction punish on a theoretical basis.

I cant answer that but it will still be alot faster than regular door, so it should be a good strategy since the frame data from roby stands for 31 frames for the recovery

Checked the change list, and it looks like RoboBOBR had the answer already on his thread:

Ushiro kara ikimasuyo (214K) - can cancel into FB Ushiro kara ikimasuyo 22-34F

so fastest possible FB door should be 31F. Which is good because I mainly use it for lvl3 air rockets, which is 39 frames.

@lynxfort Hard to say. For the most part, he's virtually the same as he was in AC. I think however, a big factor is that most of his bad matchups were softened up (Jam, Slayer, Millia are the ones I know of), and his good matchups got a little better because of the new items, slightly better move properties, and FB door. So changes around him made him high tier, but really I don't think he's abusively so. Most of the matchups I've played really feel about the same to me. #Opinions

@poscolo I've been wanting to do this, although I'm a bit hesitant because of the lack of mod input. At the very least, I'd like to make a front page go-to bnb list. His combos are virtually the same for the most part, but it'd be nice to update the list anyway. Same for matchups.

That was reload, but at least in AC I've heard (and experienced) nothing but horrible things in both of the matchups. I can't say I have experience in the older games, but the matchups are hard to deal with because especially Slayer has multiple avenues to go through or force a whiff on Faust's pokes, and when he gets in Faust melt under his pressure and combo damage with few option available to actually get out. A bit different with Jam though essentially the same, Jam uses her fast movement speed to close the distance after a whiff and is absolute hell when she does. And FB puffball gives it to her for free, which I don't think she had in earlier games.