Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pochp

Kliff vs Axl

Discuss the matchup here. I'll add information to this post when I can get around to it. Not all the matchups are represented in my local scene, and the character is new, so please contribute!

Can be frustrating, but don't get discouraged, all you need is one knockdown! Feels like at neutral, Kliff's pokes are generally at a disadvantage. Jumping is also very risky, because of your slow movement, you might just end up losing a lot of tension. If you happen to be in the air, you can take a gamble and go for j.D which would make an anti air chain whiff and give you a knockdown, but he can just counter on reaction if he doesn't commit and there isn't much you can do about that.

One thing I like doing is staying fullscreen, waiting for Axl to whiff something, and then use taunt. I can then follow the letters to safely get closer. At Kliff's 2d range, you can start making axl scared of using chains. His counters seem to work pretty well against some of kliff's jump ins, so be careful of those when going for oki. However on the other hand, Axl should have a bit of trouble pressuring kliff, you can react to his 6H with 214P and get that knockdown you really need, but besides that, just block a lot and be very patient.