Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pochp

Kliff vs Johnny

Discuss the matchup here. I'll add information to this post when I can get around to it. Not all the matchups are represented in my local scene, and the character is new, so please contribute!

meaty 2k beats Johnny's wake up super.

I had a hard time dealing with Johnny. He has faster long range pokes.

Forward coins cover a good range and can easily hit an airdashing Kliff.

Johnny deals great damage and can stun Kliff really well.

When he's out of coins, it's a lot easier to IAD at him.

At the start of the match, if he chooses to throw a coin forward, you can dash under the coin BUT is super risky since you're dashing at a damaging character :|

You can dash under his forward Mist finer BUT is very strict. I wouldn't recommend it at all if he's at lvl 2 Mist finer because of the damage he deals if it hits. Not worth the risk.

Not sure what to do during rushdown sword stance canceling pressure. There are times where you can take advantage of your good throw range and surprise him with a throw as he closes in.

Can dodge and super jump out when he sets up his mist cloud to unblock you but i'm not too sure how well this works. Need to test this at home.

Had a hard time anti airing him with anything. Tried using 5H against his j.H but didn't work out so well. Need to test this later.

At least he's tall so instant overheads....

Coins are pretty annoying. Kliff's extremely wide hurtboxes mean they trade with drill, f.S, sweep, and can beat out IADs or jump-ins. I don't really find it practical to play in a way that does not do those things because then I can't pressure him at all, so I just accept that sometimes I'll get hit by coins. I'm not sure if this is a great idea but it's been working out better than playing defensively.

IADing at him is generally strong, even if it does lose to coin. Also due to his hitbox, you can get more out of guardbar against him than against most characters, because S-roar FRC dash 6H (partial charge) S-roar will connect even reasonably far away, so you can loop it for great damage.

For anti-air, 5H is bad and I would never use it against him. His j.K and j.H are too good. 623H is solid but low payoff, while j.P is ideal. It converts into big damage if you have meter and tears through his options.