Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pochp

Kliff vs Testament

Discuss the matchup here. I'll add information to this post when I can get around to it. Not all the matchups are represented in my local scene, and the character is new, so please contribute!

Traps are a pain. No idea how to deal with trees effectively. Beware of the slow wakeup.

Kliff can dash under Testament's far Slash in a few instances, such as at the start of the round.

I figure the real pain in the ass for Kliff would be Exe Beast pressure and trying to prevent/counter it. Ways to take advantage of the delay between when the beast is summoned and when it attacks?

I only played this matchup a little bit so my memory is a bit hazy. If you're somewhat close and he does H EXE beast without FRC, drill can blow through it if you're quick. It'll also blow through S EXE beast at that range but why would he even do that, lol. If he's farther away and does a S EXE beast, you can't really reach him with drill in time to hit him out of the startup, and the EXE beast will hit you during the drill hits and give him full combo, bleh. I don't remember how I dealt with that, but my instinct is dashjump j.S or IAD j.S to smack him while he's open and to get far enough from the EXE beast that it doesn't combo break.

f.S strangely does not break webs in this matchup. j.S and j.P get the job done well, though.

I noticed in this match Kliff uses Two Steps Forward to dodge S Exe Beast, so perhaps that's something to incorporate. Either that or try to Nape Saddle out of it.

Skull Crusher important for getting in and calling out ill-timed summoning/trap set. Keeps you relatively safe on guard in most situations. Can it pass through HITOMI?

WHEN TESTAMENT IS CORNERED

-will likely try to use Warrant. Not very reliable, try to call it out with a delayed move or something?

WHEN KLIFF IS CORNERED

Watching that video, the stance didn't really seem to be working out for him. I generally don't like using it to dodge stuff at far because it cranks your stun and doesn't really do anything, just keeps you at neutral. I guess it could be better than blocking? Even then you either need to commit to not moving for a while and Testament gets to set up more traps or you whiff a slap and Testament gets to smack you. Neither is appealing :(

214K seems great when he doesn't have webs out, but weak when he does. I expect a smart Testament would plan ahead for that, but it seems good to keep in mind as an option.

I wouldn't really say drill is safe on block. His 5K can punish it and has pretty solid range. I would definitely say that you can often get away with it, though, since the punish is hard.