Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toanenadiz

[CP] Nu vs Hakumen

Ah, thanks for the write up Toan. I didn't know any of this! I was totally winging it you know. I mean, I spammed wheel oki every chance I got.

But still, once mAc starts doing those OD combos, our days will be numbered.

@toan, a reason you could be unable to punish his 3C is because you might barrier block it, which makes it -11, and pushes Nu back too far to punish it somehow. I didn't even know the start-up on i3Cwas 8f lol.

I'll throw this in here as well

The Neutral Game

Long Range: Your Tools vs His Tools

Relatively the same as Extend. Poke with drives and watch out for IAD or multiple Kishuu in a row. He will most likely be either waiting for you to do something or slowly push forward to try to make you back into a corner. Important thing to note is that his meter gain has been greatly increased. So he will be more willing to through out random Shippu or Yukikaze. He will also be stalling for OD if he doesn't have it. Not much you can do about him stalling for meter or OD. Lay down a gravity if you want to stall for some time or just wait for him to come closer.

Medium Range: Your Tools vs His Tools

Haku's IAD attack beats anything that beats Kishuu. Kishuu beats anything that would beat Haku's IAD attack. The only exception is IAD back sword which can cover both if timed right. You want to generally either get long range again or get close range on your terms to get him to block something. AAs beat Haku's IAD attack (excluding Agito). Lows beat Kishuu. Avoid being put into the corner in this range and either dash under (watch out for Agito) or IAD over him to escape. Act parser to get away is good as well. Again, note is that his meter gain has been greatly increased from Extend. Watch out for random Shippu or Yukikaze.

Close Quarters: Your Tools vs His Tools

5A hits Haku crouching so we don't have to rely on 2A the entire time. Kishuu will go under 5A, 5B, 6B, 4B and 5C. Be mindful of 3C's range. He can easily break 5K with a CH 3C. If they like mashing 3C, you can TK crescent to avoid it and get damage at the same time. You want to basically avoid getting hit by any C move in this range since they all lead to obscene damage. His A and B moves aren't that great and lead to less damage so they aren't that huge of a concern now. Upbacking or back dashing are pretty good at this range. 2B is good poke for Nu at this range. 3C not so much since it can be punished on block by Haku's 3C.

I've personally also found luna mode better. I was experimenting defensive options with koopa yesterday and dia couldn't keep him out.

Whenever i have a 6D blocked, I always autopilot to 2D or sickle.

With luna, if a drive gets blocked, I'm safer because i can't accidentally do a 2DD and open myself to a free airdash.

Say I do Dia 5DD>gravity as a blockstring and Hakumen does 2D after 5DD to eat a wheel for meter. Can I punish that with 5D/4D?

You can't punish a counter if it gets activated. It's invincible all the way until Hakumen is fully recovered.

But it wouldn't be activated. He would stand there, countering nothing as the gravity well came out under him.

I misread your post as "can you punish 5DD > wheel when he counters to eat a wheel for meter."

Best bet is to just try it in training mode. Record Nu doing that string and then try to counter with Hakumen.

haku 2D: 39f (whiff)

nu 5DD: 23F blockstun, assume IB so 20f

total: 59f

dia gravity:

33f

you have 26 frames to do something

27 frames if they Instant barrier

29 if they normal block

or 30 frames if they barrier block

5D startup: 15 + travel time

Around A gravity range you can do that.

IB reduces blockstun by 3 frames so it would be 20 frames of blockstun for IBing 5DD.

The frames for 5D to reach its max distance is more akin to 25-ish frames. It has 12 active frames where it travels along the ground. 15 to 18 frames would be around the minimum distance of 5D.