Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Sapphire

Millia vs. Slayer: Get hit and die in one combo! Wheeeee!

Slayer on the other hand is a bit of an uphill battle for Millia. He can safely get out of your okizeme and if you get hit by any counter hit, it's usually over for you lol. He can also backdash cancel to dodge any pins if you try to attack from the air, and his 5P is incredible. You can't zone with j.D either because his 5P beats that. 2D is your only decent poke, but only at max range since it comes out slow. So if you hit any 2D, cancel into roll then throw a disc. If you notice they are backdashing alot, you can do airdash rushdowns, then throw a FB air disc when you predict a backdash. Sometimes you have to predict some of his slower moves like 6K and throw out a FB disc so that you take a hit, but you get a combo after + knockdown. Overall I find this matchup hard for Millia and don't have much experience either to understand what works against him. Good luck.

Millia's backdash, being quick and moving her a good amounts backwards, is a safe way of dealing with D-step followups in general. Backdash out of the way, then reposition yourself to move in during his recovery time if he throws out a move. As for the kick followup itself, don't try to hit him out of it. If you know it's coming, just block it then run in and throw him or hit him afterwards.

I guess I'm mistiming my counter attacks, because he always d-steps out of whatever I do. Also, I red your sig, Eddie would say some bogus shit like that.

My sig is an actual Eddie quote from the game. Such arrogance! :gonk: And you mean the upwards kick from D-Step, yeah? I think it's called Crosswise Heel, and it has huge recovery at the end. You can pretty much just run up and do anything (short of a 6H) to hit him. Frame data lists it as -14, so 2H -> aircombo should do just fine.

My sig is an actual Eddie quote from the game. Such arrogance! :gonk:

And you mean the upwards kick from D-Step, yeah? I think it's called Crosswise Heel, and it has huge recovery at the end. You can pretty much just run up and do anything (short of a 6H) to hit him. Framedata lists it as -14, so 2H -> aircombo should do just fine.

If he does it deep enough that the second hit would connect, you can just SB it and punish him before he has a chance to RC -> BS (just do close slash as AA into aircombo).

you can just SB it

Oh, is that all. :gonk:

Man, I wish my sense of timing was cool enough to handle things like that. I still can't even FRC. :vbang:

Played THREE Slayer players this weekend, and I didn't get completely raped! I say mission accomplished. I had to snap the fuck out to get my wins though.:psyduck: I still need to work on guarding some of his high/low stuff, but I'm getting the hang of this matchup a lot more than I thought.

ive played this matchup a lot. from my personal view its still bad but i dont think its as bad as her other bad matchups. -slayer's j.h beats out most of millia's moves for free, don't try to AA it with 6P bcuz u will lose that trade. Roll and punish him as he's landing, even if u get hit, its better than being CH and losing more than half health from a combo. -his strings r relatively easy to IB to escape, if u hav 25% tension u can throw a FB disc out nd get out of it since slayer will not b fast enuff to stop to block the disc. -go for meaty mixups as well as FB disc oki when doing ur okizeme since he can get out with bdcs as listed, secret garden mixups also work well, but do not use SG when he has 50% tension since he gets a free DOT. -dandy step gives u a free 6P ch which lets u knockdown or combo, time it just as he's moving back. watch for FRCs if he reads it. -iad back j.d beats j.h if slayer gets j.h happy on u nd will win or trade with j.k. keep in mind it should not b an air to ground move to use as he can 2s nd bbu clean. let me kno if theres nething more in this matchup. idk if thats all. EDIT: Updated with above info.