Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B&B

Millia vs. A.B.A.: I want my mummy... :(

So, with the TX wars tourny over, I have some questions. I was playing against an ABA player yesterday, and I got him down to his last bits of life, then I notice him somehow, getting back almost half of his health bar back, WTF? So, yeah, any tips on ABA matchups would be great. PS: Good shit, TGS. It seems you HATE pots. I still can't believe I lost to a fucking TE srcub yesterday.........shit/

That was A.B.A using a good ol' bloodpack. When fighting A.B.A just know that no matter how much life she has, she can and will kill you! You have to stay an her ass hardcore and even then it can be tough due to her dp (forgot move name) and fb dp. She's on the slower side, so iad pin is your friend here, just don't forget about those dp's. Also, when you see that her key looks like a ram head, you need to go for quick and easy knockdowns to knock her out of it. An A.B.A with full Moroha bar takes like 3.1 knockdowns for it to be depleted. It also slowly decreases as A.B.A attacks.

-I personally go for throws a lot more against her because they get those knockdowns and are more reliable than fishing for a 5s or 2s.

snip

Thanks for the info. Actually, it was my first tourny and all of the players were using characters such as: TE, MA, AB, JA, PO.........so, I had experience versus Te and JA, but I really need more Exp against the others, (ABA)

A.B.A. takes recoil damage from everything she does to you in Moroha (key rape) mode. If she transforms from key rape back to normal mode via that damn key grab throw move, she gets 80% of that back. 120% if she transforms back to normal via a bloodpack. So, step one against A.B.A. is to not let her do that. Keep the pressure way up so she doesn't have time to throw a bloodpack, and try even harder than usual to get knockdowns. Whatever you do, knock her down. A lot. Three knockdowns before she has a chance to transform back = a penalty forced transformation that gives her 0% damage back and has a huge open window in the animation. (Characters like :KY:, :BR:, :VE: can even IK charge and Instant Kill her during that, though Millia's IK takes a little too long to get out. Still a free gold burst, Winger, 2H --> combo, or whatever else you feel like doing to her, though.) My favorite trick against A.B.A. is roll or turofall --> throw --> Tandem Top (H) or Secret Garden. If you're not good enough at input to reliably chase a throw with an air combo that leaves her on the ground, just letting the throw go still nets you one of the precious knockdowns and enough time to throw a Secret Garden or Tandem Top (H), which can lead to guessing games on her wakeup which will hopefully net you another knockdown.

Danzai and its Hammerfall-like armor has the potential to eat your attack string and turn the momentum around if she catches you with it, but if you anticipate it and are open to blocking, block the first hit of Danzai, roll, second hit whiffs, throw. Good times.

A.B.A. takes recoil damage from everything she does to you in Moroha (key rape) mode. If she transforms from key rape back to normal mode via that damn key grab throw move, she gets 80% of that back. 120% if she transforms back to normal via a bloodpack. So, step one against A.B.A. is to not let her do that. Keep the pressure way up so she doesn't have time to throw a bloodpack, and try even harder than usual to get knockdowns. Whatever you do, knock her down. A lot. Three knockdowns before she has a chance to transform back = a penalty forced transformation that gives her 0% damage back and has a huge open window in the animation. (Characters like :KY:, :BR:, :VE: can even IK charge and Instant Kill her during that, though Millia's IK takes a little too long to get out. Still a free gold burst, Winger, 2H --> combo, or whatever else you feel like doing to her, though.) My favorite trick against A.B.A. is roll or turofall --> throw --> Tandem Top (H) or Secret Garden. If you're not good enough at input to reliably chase a throw with an air combo that leaves her on the ground, just letting the throw go still nets you one of the precious knockdowns and enough time to throw a Secret Garden or Tandem Top (H), which can lead to guessing games on her wakeup which will hopefully net you another knockdown.

Danzai and its Hammerfall-like armor has the potential to eat your attack string and turn the momentum around if she catches you with it, but if you anticipate it and are open to blocking, block the first hit of Danzai, roll, second hit whiffs, throw. Good times.

Um not trying to be funny but i play millia and aba if u throw her with millia it does not knock down. If u cant do the combo after the throw easiest way to get the knockdown is to run up and lust shaker. Just stop it b4 it otgs.

Um not trying to be funny but i play millia and aba if u throw her with millia it does not knock down. If u cant do the combo after the throw easiest way to get the knockdown is to run up and lust shaker. Just stop it b4 it otgs.

Really? The A.B.A. player I go up against has never once teched a throw, but I suppose that's just him. Huh. Well, I stand corrected, then.

Really? The A.B.A. player I go up against has never once teched a throw, but I suppose that's just him. Huh. Well, I stand corrected, then.

Man, all of the throw fun you could've had.

this matchup is a slight disadv. to millia. going ground to ground against her pokes in moroha mode is a bad idea cuz her normals will beat out yours for free. 5h is punishable on whiff, but her 5s comes out quick nd beats out evrything. Air to air is ok when j.h nd j.d is zoned properly. when getting in, make sure u hav the pin. i think theres more to the matchup, but thats all i kno so far.