LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Combo Thread (Work In Progress)

I think this CH 5C combo deal 6K even mid screen : 

CH 5C > 214A > 5B/2B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C(1) > 6B > 6D > d.6B > (d.5C?) > 236D/other

Not sure about the end, just be sure to 236D (or other finish move) before combo time ends.

can someone confirm this ? (or i'll confirm myself after work)

Waiting for your next vid and combo thread :D

I think this CH 5C combo deal 6K even mid screen : 

CH 5C > 214A > 5B/2B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C(1) > 6B > 6D > d.6B > (d.5C?) > 236D/other

Not sure about the end, just be sure to 236D (or other finish move) before combo time ends.

It does 5.9k and you can't add that last extra d.5C without your opponent teching out.

I tried few minutes aggo

extra d.5C doesn't work with 236D but it works with 623D

CH 5C > 214A > 5B/2B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C(1) > 6B > 6D > d.6B > d.5C > 623D

about 6990 damages

Unless it kills, though, 22B ender is a better idea.

EDIT: Does 236C work? Usually better than 623D ender.

Ending a combo in spring raid is generally a bad idea, because it allows your opponent to tech in the air, it doesn't give you any kind of oki.

You want to end your combos in 22B ALWAYS, unless you're going for the kill, or there's not a good way to go into 22B, which will really only happen during 3C combos midscreen.

^ A lot of those routes and ideas were definitely things I haven't seen much of before (whiff 214A movement are we serious now). I kind of want to have some of these combos in my back pocket for a rainy day or a max damage punish or two. Mind listing the character specifics? I didn't think 4D 214A worked on everyone (I know there's a Jin specific 6B variant but never did any more digging than that...my 1.1 tech knowledge is severely lacking).

all combos are tested in all chars, the combo with 4D works in FC always, the only difference is vs Izayoi after 214A>2B>5C,  etc. The interesting part of this combo vs tager is after 214A you can hit with 5B, in others situations 5B whiff.

Grab>214A>5B     Air Grab>5B     Corner Grab>5B     236D(1)>RC>214A>5B

Amane                          Hit                           Hit                      Whiff                           Hit

Izayoi                            Whiff                       Whiff                  Hit                               Whiff

Tager                            Whiff                       Hit                      Hit                               Whiff

d.6C > d.4D > d.6C > 214A works on Jin on training,
But on live the combo goes blue after 4D :(

combo is : 6B > 5D > d.5C > d.6C > d.4D > d.6C > 214A > etc

d.6C > d.4D > d.6C > 214A works on Jin on training,

But on live the combo goes blue after 4D :(

combo is : 6B > 5D > d.5C > d.6C > d.4D > d.6C > 214A > etc

is a specific combo on Jin and works on other chars (ex:ragna, hakumen) in corner

all combos are tested in all chars, the combo with 4D works in FC always, the only difference is vs Izayoi after 214A>2B>5C,  etc. The interesting part of this combo vs tager is after 214A you can hit with 5B, in others situations 5B whiff.

Grab>214A>5B     Air Grab>5B     Corner Grab>5B     236D(1)>RC>214A>5B

Amane                          Hit                           Hit                      Whiff                           Hit

Izayoi                            Whiff                       Whiff                  Hit                               Whiff

Tager                            Whiff                       Hit                      Hit                               Whiff

so, does replacing 5B with 2B work in all these situations?

2B will always work, but you'll lose a little bit of damage. Of course, losing a little damage is better than dropping the combo entirely. 2B is easier to execute and works 100% of the time.

Hi all, I just have a quick question. I'm having a hard time with 22C > dash > 6C. I can't seem to cancel the dash into 6C. Are there any visual cues I need to look for? I don't remember it being this difficult in CT.

You're not cancelling the dash into 6C, you're letting the dash recover and using 6C as soon as you finish.

Basically, just get used to how long the dash lasts, and then practice timing from that.

You're not cancelling the dash into 6C, you're letting the dash recover and using 6C as soon as you finish.

Basically, just get used to how long the dash lasts, and then practice timing from that.

Thank you. That clears up a lot.

Oh also, in case you didn't realize, you actually dash CANCEL the 22C, so it's not 22C > 66 > 6C, it's more like 22C~66 > 6C

Yeah, dude.  In CT Noel didn't have a true dash cancel.  So it's gonna feel COMPLETELY different when you do this.  Although you're probably at an advantage, cuz you're learning from scratch.  We all had to unlearn her old timings and relearn her shitty new ones.

Thanks for the tips. It's been so long since I've played BB that my hands either go back to old bits and pieces I remember from CT or I have absolutely no clue what to do next. Guess I'll just have to hammer it into my brain again. 

Why is it that in some combos I find that 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 22B to be very easy, where as in others the 6B gets teched all the time

Because it's not always possible. For example:

5B > 6A > sj.C > j.D > d.6B > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 22B not only works, but can actually be extended farther, however

5A > 5B > 6A > sj.C > j.D > d.6B > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 22B does NOT work and you must take a shorter route.

So unless that covered your problem, tell me what combo you're going for and I'll let you know what's up.

Because it's not always possible. For example:

5B > 6A > sj.C > j.D > d.6B > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 22B not only works, but can actually be extended farther, however

5A > 5B > 6A > sj.C > j.D > d.6B > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 22B does NOT work and you must take a shorter route.

So unless that covered your problem, tell me what combo you're going for and I'll let you know what's up.

well on

4D > d.2D > d.6B > d.5C > d.5B > 236A > 665B > (5C) > sj.C > j.D > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 22B

I seem to drop it everytime, whereas on 6A and 5A starters I have no issues

well on

4D > d.2D > d.6B > d.5C > d.5B > 236A > 665B > (5C) > sj.C > j.D > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 22B

I seem to drop it everytime, whereas on 6A and 5A starters I have no issues

use this instead:

4D > d.2D > d.6B > d.5C > d.5B > 236A > 665B > sj.C > j.D > d.6B > d.5C > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 22B

I don't think I've ever had problems with that combo.  Maybe you just need to practice for tighter links?

Although, to be honest, I usually purposely drop the combo at the 22C - Dash Cancel in hopes of resetting them with an air throw or a 6C.  There's a lot of mashers out there who will get caught by the throw, and lot of people who won't barrier block and get hit by 6C.